Clear All

• Break out the dog masks again

NFC Championship Game

Sunday, Jan. 21

6:40 p.m.

Vikings -3 EAGLES

Over/under: 38.5
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Tough to say but I know it will be outside and it will be evening. I hope the darkness brings cold and wind. Not to say the birds can't take them on straight up but little things going their way can't hurt.
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
      Tough to say but I know it will be outside and it will be evening. I hope the darkness brings cold and wind. Not to say the birds can't take them on straight up but little things going their way can't hurt.
      The weather conditions are supposed to be perfect for football. High of 53 with light winds. That's fine with me. It will help us and we're playing in front of a crazed crowd. It's going to end up on the goal line again one way or another.

Comment

I doubt it is 53 at 6:30. My guess is the temp should start going down round bout then
        Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
        Hope is not a strategy
        RIP

Comment

Umm, that is a week away...... Get back to me about the temp say around Friday.

Comment

+3 is going to be good fodder for our boys.

Comment

By the way, I don’t dislike the Vikings and would have rooted for them had we lost. But that Skol chant is lame as hell.

Comment

The over/under started at 42.5

Comment

I heard those masks are sold out.
                  We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Weather.com has it as a high of 51 low of 35. The hour by hour is not out yet but I am thinking it will be in the mid 40's by kickoff. Weather will not be much of a factor, zero wind. Which is fine.
                    Now our fans will be a factor. I saw some kinks in Minnesota's armor, they are susceptible to the screens and mis direction. They actually play defense pretty similar to what the Eagles do. Not a ton of blitzing, they play a tough zone.

I see this as a game that has to be won in the trenches. If that is the case I like our chances, I think our Defensive line is the best in the football, I think our offensive line has shown they can be one of the best. Minnesota has a damn good defensive line but their o line is suspect.

This should be a Philly type game, knock down drag em out affair.
                    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

I watched most of the game from last year but focused on our O vs their D. We ran the ball pretty well with Mathews. Their D is good but I think we can run right at them. We also had reasonable success in the passing game. Their D is good but Brees showed last night that there are plays to be had against them. I think Jeffery could have a decent game. He knows these corners pretty well. He can use his body to get position to make the contested catch. I mean Green Beckham has a TD on a slant in the game!
                      Misdirection: I loved that fake toss, slant play that the Saints ran at the goal line.

The Vikings offensive line has all new players and they were in shambles last year when we played them so there isn't much to learn from that. Keenum isn't Bradford either. Much more mobile.
                      Last edited by rspurr; 01-15-2018, 11:08 AM.
                      Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

All bets are off this week. Keenum will be in his first road playoff game in one of the most hostile environments in the NFL. Much different than the friendly confines of the Dome in Minnesota. Its going to be a facinating week. I think these two teams should be here, match well and it should be a helluva ball game. I am not scared of anything Minnesota does, I think if talked to a Minnesota fan they would say the same about us. The X factor is our 12th man, our stadium, our fans.
                        Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
                          All bets are off this week. Keenum will be in his first road playoff game in one of the most hostile environments in the NFL. Much different than the friendly confines of the Dome in Minnesota. Its going to be a facinating week. I think these two teams should be here, match well and it should be a helluva ball game. I am not scared of anything Minnesota does, I think if talked to a Minnesota fan they would say the same about us. The X factor is our 12th man, our stadium, our fans.
                          I sure would like to see some arctic air move in
                          We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

I am pretty shocked by the Vikings being 3 point favorites. I think this should be a pick em with the Eagles at home. With Wentz, we would be a 7 point favorite again.

I am not convinced Keenum is that much better than Foles. Our running game (YPC) is better than Minnesota. The defenses are almost identical. It's a wash between these 2 teams right now IMO.

So glad we are not facing Brees and Kamara.

Comment

Good point about Jeffreys spurr. Playing Chicago twice a year should make him ready for whatever they do. I think that we are better off with nice weather to tell you the truth. Those players in Minnesota are used to cold weather and that part probably won't affect them anymore than us. The track won't be as fast for them though. What I like is that the fans won't be sitting there freezing their asses off and the crowd should be even louder than last week.

Comment

Working...
                              X