• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• power rankings

for MLB are up, courtesy of Ian B.

http://www.sportscolumn.com/story/2005/4/11/20713/5497

but man, he's getting KILLED over at the ESPN forums:

http://forums.espn.go.com/espn/thread?f ... ID=8650532
    Support Sportscolumn.com! Tell a friend!

Ouch...I can't say that I agree with many of them either, though. Sorry, buddy.
    I have never done steroids. Period. Well, not today, anyway.

Comment

Marlins at #1 is a little puzzling.

Comment

Originally posted by trufresh17
        Ouch...I can't say that I agree with many of them either, though. Sorry, buddy.
        Can't say I'm too pleased with the results myself. I concentrated on the comments bit for the most part. The rankings I didn't want to base completely on the team's records from last week either. I mostly looked at how the teams played, becuase W-L is pretty useless right now. Some teams played the Rockies, some played the Yankees. Just because a team beat the Rockies, it doesn't mean they played better than a team that lost to the Yankees. At leas that's how I thought, sorry if no one else does.

I could care less about the ESPN.com message boards really, it hurt me even to post that there because I knew they wouldn't like it. The only thing I take to heart from there is the guy who said I left the Dodgers record at 45-30 (from the NBA ones). My bad.

I put Marlins number 1 because 0 runs were scored against Becket and Willis last week. With all the shitty pitching from the first week, that counts for a lot in my book.

Comment

It aint easy, IanB. Although I've never had such a bad reaction. MLB is completely foreign to me. It was a lot easier to do the NFL rankings. 1 game a week.

Comment

Originally posted by Fantasy Guru
            It aint easy, IanB. Although I've never had such a bad reaction. MLB is completely foreign to me. It was a lot easier to do the NFL rankings. 1 game a week.
            Yeah, I try to watch a lot of baseball, but you can't stay on top of every game. I'm sure it'll be a little easier once people stop complaining about how the Blue Jays should be way up there, and the records actually reflect that.

Comment

April is a crap shoot...hang in there, IanB
              I have never done steroids. Period. Well, not today, anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by trufresh17
                April is a crap shoot...hang in there, IanB
                At least the Marlins look good so far this week.

Comment

when they were 3-3, the Marlins were statistically the best team:

6th in runs, 1st in runs allowed, fifth in hits, eight in batting average, etc.

No other team was top 10 across the board.
                  "And they're not gonna get him today." - Legendary Calder Track Announcer Phil Saltzman.

Comment

Originally posted by bsd987
                    when they were 3-3, the Marlins were statistically the best team:

6th in runs, 1st in runs allowed, fifth in hits, eight in batting average, etc.

No other team was top 10 across the board.
                    nice point. Hopefully IanB will be able to say told you so next week. Although I hate the Marlins.

Comment

Working...
                    X