Prepare for a barrage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prepare for a barrage

of Eagles can't win and Nick Foles can't play QB again this week. The majority of national media and talking heads will feed on the easy path. They'll talk about his overthrows in the first half, which were not good, and not on some of those real nice passes to Jeffrey or Ertz. It will be easy for them to diagram the game with shut down the run game and Foles can't beat you.
    I will continue to say the birds have a fighting chance against anyone if they don't make mistakes and give the team a good game plan.
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
    of Eagles can't win and Nick Foles can't play QB again this week. The majority of national media and talking heads will feed on the easy path. They'll talk about his overthrows in the first half, which were not good, and not on some of those real nice passes to Jeffrey or Ertz. It will be easy for them to diagram the game with shut down the run game and Foles can't beat you.
    I will continue to say the birds have a fighting chance against anyone if they don't make mistakes and give the team a good game plan.
    I think we’re all ok with that. Chip on our shoulders is a good thing

Comment

To my surprise and great pleasure, they BEAT a good team today that was hot coming in to the game. And did it despite 2 potentially crushing fumbles, some god awful tackling on outside running plays, 2 pretty bad calls that led to Atlanta's only TD and a mind breaking 4th and 6th conversion in the closing minutes that would have ripped the heart out of most Eagles' teams of the past.

They may not win next week but I won't doubt them any longer.

Comment

They sure have plenty of ammo for the barrage ND

Somehow we survived giving Atlanta two ridiculous turnovers on fumbles and another mind blowing fumble that Nick recovered on the Atlanta goal line that we turned into a TD. The field goal drive at the end of the half was a gift from either God or Atlanta depending on your beliefs. First Nick throws another God awful pass right to the Atlanta safety that he decides to jump for because he's a moron and the ball bounces off his knee about 20 yards to our guy who catches it for a big gain. Doug then decides to implement the Andy Reid School of clock management technique and takes 35 seconds to run one play and only leave 12 seconds on the clock when he has 2 timeouts in his pocket. Then Atlanta decides to just give us 15 yards so that we can kick a fg goal with 1 second left. At that point I said to my wife "I think that we're going to win this game. This just doesn't happen with us, it happens to us. Freaking amazing. I always wondered what it felt like, now I know.
        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

After the Jeffrey catch (I believe it was him) I was shocked to see one second remaining. 53 yards for Elliot.....never a doubt. Extra point.....I have no confidence lol

Comment

Phony PF call at goalline followed by a phony Def Holding call on Mills.

2 BS punt bounces 1 causing a fumble and short field TD

Missed XP

Fumble on opening drive

The Birds got fortunate 1 time on that deflected pass.

All told we played so-so on offense and defense we played well. I want the Vikings. We will expose them as frauds.... because they are.

And yes media please keep picking against us.
            You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post

Missed XP

Fumble on opening drive

All told we played so-so on offense and defense we played well. I want the Vikings. We will expose them as frauds.... because they are.

The kickoff out of bounds was another big mistake.
              Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post

Missed XP

Fumble on opening drive

And again, Julio Jones slips in the endzone on 4th down. Isn't it us who usually does? I was waiting for a BS pass interference call. Collinsworth said that we put 3 of their receivers on the ground that play. This defense is damned good!!

Comment

He did slip but Mills played that well. He played him physically and he kind of half stepped getting off him after he slipped. But lucky it was high because Mills can't out jump Jones. On the other hand he would have come down out of bounds because Mills kept him outside
                  Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                  Hope is not a strategy
                  RIP

Comment

IMO our secondary will continue to get penalized, but being playoff football they will get away with a lot more than during the season. This plays into our hands. I thought about it during the season, but it looked to be fact last night. They were hand fighting a lot . Yet we only ended up with 4 penalties for 24 yards. They didn't change their play at all, the refs called a different (playoff) game.
                    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Didinger is already spewing that we can't score against the Vikings defense who says is the best defense in the past 10 years. Our defense is every bit as good as the Vikings defense especially at the Linc. The game would come down to our offense vs their offense and our special teams vs their special teams. I think the game would come out much the same as this game a very low scoring game that whichever defense is on the field last is the one that has to win it.

The Saints concern me more because of Brees and their ability to control the clock. However if we only fumble twice and only lose one of those in the next game and Foles plays the way he did this week especially the second half version this team can beat anyone.
                      Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

I believe Minnesota will win at home today as I stated earlier because of the huge advantage dome teams have at home. When they come to Philly I think that they will have an advantage becasue Keenum is a pretty darned good scrambler and Nick isn't. But then again we are at home which obviously is huge.

ND. The Jones slip threw the whole timing of the play off. By the time he recovered it would have been real tough for Jones to come down in bounds. Mills played it perfectly but as you say there's no way that you can stop Jones there if the ball is thrown in the right spot. We really caught a break there.

MM. Good call on the way the game is called in the playoffs. DBs do get away with a lot more and I have no idea why the game isn't officiated like that all season long. The game last night was an old fashioned head knocker which is so much better than the ticky tack way it is called during the season to promote fantasy football points.

Comment

I don't see anyhow anyway Case Keenum has any advantage in a game against the Eagles defense at home. Keenum has never played in a road playoff game and that is different animal than playing in a dome. I think the two QB's will be pretty even, I think the defenses will both be pretty even although I will take the Eagles D at home, it will come down to mistakes. Which team minimizes them. I like the Eagles chances a hole helluva lot against the Vikings. I like their chances against the Saints. I like their chances at getting to the Super Bowl. There is just something special about this team. Something I have not seen before in an Eagles team.
                          Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
                            I don't see anyhow anyway Case Keenum has any advantage in a game against the Eagles defense at home. Keenum has never played in a road playoff game and that is different animal than playing in a dome. I think the two QB's will be pretty even, I think the defenses will both be pretty even although I will take the Eagles D at home, it will come down to mistakes. Which team minimizes them. I like the Eagles chances a hole helluva lot against the Vikings. I like their chances against the Saints. I like their chances at getting to the Super Bowl. There is just something special about this team. Something I have not seen before in an Eagles team.
                            I'm not arguing that taz. I was just trying to say that Keenum is a surprisingly mobile QB, that's all. I never really knew that about him.

Comment

IMO we match up well against the Vikes and the Defense would get to add another chip to their shoulders. Playing against the #1 D.
                              Not so sure if they match up vs the Saints, but the weather will equalize the offense.
                              We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Working...
                              X