Question for the Board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for the Board

Do you think we should feature Ajayi and damn the rest ?
    I understand pounding on the defense with 3 backs, but IMO we lost momentum when Ajayi missed a quarter and a half
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

I like Clement as a change of pace and mismatch in the passing game. Not sure what Blount does for us other than maybe close things out in the fourth quarter. I found it strange that they had Clement in at the end of the game. Maybe it was because the other two put the ball on the ground earlier in the game.
    Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Originally posted by rspurr View Post
      I like Clement as a change of pace and mismatch in the passing game. Not sure what Blount does for us other than maybe close things out in the fourth quarter. I found it strange that they had Clement in at the end of the game. Maybe it was because the other two put the ball on the ground earlier in the game.
      All three technically put the ball on the ground. Although Clements was because Agholor banged into him.

I want more of the Clement Ajayi combo less of Blount in my opinion. Blount seems cooked although I have to say he looked pretty nimble on the sprint the right on the TD.
      Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
        All three technically put the ball on the ground. Although Clements was because Agholor banged into him.

I want more of the Clement Ajayi combo less of Blount in my opinion. Blount seems cooked although I have to say he looked pretty nimble on the sprint the right on the TD.
        he might not have scored if not for the great block by Burton. He probably scores, but it would have been close
        We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Probably a bit more Ajayi. But Blount is still great if there is a hole there -- once he stops momentum it can be hard for him to get going again. Ajayi got stuffed several times himself though.

Comment

Ajayi was a huge pickup this year. He needs to have nearly all the carries in the first half, with Clement giving him a break. In the late 2nd half I don't mind see some Blount if the Vikes start to wear down.

Comment

I think they limit Ajayi because of his knee. I am ok letting Blount soften them up so Ajayi can be effective when they are tired. Not sure Doug sees it that way but I hope he uses J-Train effectively this week. The Vikes are a damned good D and beating them down won’t be easy.
              Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
              Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

I wouldn't mind have just Ajayi and Clement next season with a sprinkling of Darren Sproles. I watched Clement play in school, he wore teams down and got stronger as the game went on.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
                  I wouldn't mind have just Ajayi and Clement next season with a sprinkling of Darren Sproles. I watched Clement play in school, he wore teams down and got stronger as the game went on.
                  I didn't expect Clement to be as good of a receiver as he is. I thought that he would be more of a straight ahead runner and that hasn't been the case with him showing good speed to the outside. Have you noticed how he has been blocking lately? I remember a few good ones but I haven't taped a game for quite awhile now. I keep forgetting duh.
                  "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

I saw him run 25+ times a game in college, he seemed to handle that, I do not see him being more than a high teens guy in the pros . I just want to see Carson with Sproles back there as an outlet for 1 full year with a group of receivers like this season. He will go off IMO.

Comment

I’m wanting Ajayi and Clement. Ajayi makes me hold my breath every time he touches it. But he runs too damn good to not use him more.

Comment

Ajayi as the primary back. Clement on 3rd down, and Blount in short yardage and at the goal line.

Comment

I would love to see Clement spread out against one of the LBs with Ajayi in the backfield. Think they could do a lot off of that formation.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post
                            Ajayi as the primary back. Clement on 3rd down, and Blount in short yardage and at the goal line.
                            I've yet to see Blount make his own hole. I'll admit that he's tough to bring down once he gets going but I'd rather have a guy who can sneak through or vault over defenders on the goal line. On the other hand he's a much better receiver than I thought that he'd be. I have really mixed feelings about him. The "fumble" that he had Saturday was ridiculous. How can RB not know that he's getting the ball??? I can see a blown assignment, but not knowing that you're getting the ball? That's beyond stupid. Does anybody have a word for that? I thought that I was going to throw my Knob Creek bottle through the TV.
                            "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

I thought that after Ajayi had a great 1st quarter, that maybe they were using the others just to change the pace and help beat up on them and then bring Ajayi out to finish them.

Comment

Working...
                              X