RIP Fresh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Fresh

I am so sorry to hear of your passing, Having never met you it is amazing how much you inspired me with your strength and courage these past years since your diagnosis. I will always think of you when times get tough. Will forever miss your contribution to this site .

I couldn't leave this post in the random thread.

On behalf of the family of Michael Willey, aka Fresh, it is with great sadness that we inform you that Mike passed away late Wednesday evening. He had a very good day and a favorite meal with his beloved wife. His passing took place very quickly and painlessly in his home, with his wife by his side.

I'm sure that you will all agree that the world has lost a man with great integrity, a sharp wit, an iron will and a golden heart. We were certainly blessed that God let us have him for the past 5 years and 8 months. Mike's battle was fierce and courageous, but his body grew too tired.

I am encouraged to know that he will be watching over us all!

Please keep his family in your thoughts and prayers.
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

I'm so glad that Mike isn't suffering anymore. I loved Mike.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

RIP Fresh. This makes me tremendously sad. He was one of those guys that I always wanted to meet and have a drink or two with. He seemed like a great guy, and I always valued his input on this board.

And, I'm sorry, but it angers me that another die hard brother has passed away without the opportunity to celebrate a championship. Goddamnit this sucks.

Comment

For you my friend, for you!

Comment

For me, the great philosopher Ernie Banks put it best... "The measure of a man is in the lives he's touched."

I believe it's safe to say Mike touched all our lives with his indomitable spirit, his ability to somehow summon the physical strength to carry on when most of us would have been completely used up, his sense of humor in the face of a vile and unrelenting opponent, and, perhaps most of all, for reaching out to his brothers when he was down and afraid.

Rest in peace Michael Willey. You will be missed.

Comment

RIP Fresh.
            My thoughts and prayers are with the family in this most difficult time.
            Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Mike was a good man and the best Eagles' fan that I have had the pleasure to know. I am deeply saddened by his passing. My condolences to Susie and all of his family.
              "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

R.I.P. Mike aka FRESH. My heartfelt condolences go out to Susie & his Family. Great Eagle Phan & Great Guy to read. He will be sadly missed.
                Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

Dear God
                  As Mike enters into your kingdom, please comfort Susie and his family. Allow them to rest in knowing he isn't suffering anymore. He can again now do all those things that his spirit wanted to do these last few years, but his body was unable to. Thanks for his life and his companionship here on this board where we all enjoyed him for so many years. And please help us to learn from his strength and dignity and reflect those traits to others as we live our lives.
                  In Christ's Holy name.
                  Amen
                  You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Very sad. His pain is gone. He will be missed by many people. RIP Fresh.

Comment

What a sad day. I am so sorry to hear about our friend Fresh passing into Gods kingdom. I had never met Fresh but posting with him for many years I truly could call him Friend (just like all of you here). Please bring strength and comfort to Mike's family and our community here as we deal with the loss of our beloved friend. RIP Mike, RIP....
                      Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

My thoughts go out to his family. He will not be forgotten.

Comment

Man, this is a tough one. Even though most of us have never met face to face, we have spent so much time over the years interacting with each other here at EFO. I can't really imagine this place without Fresh (Mike).

God bless his family and those that have been left behind. EFO will move on, but it will never be the same.

At a loss for words right now....

Comment

Prayers to Mike's family. May he rest in peace.
                            Fly EaglesFly!

Comment

So sorry to hear this. FRESH was awesome on this board, and from what I've been told even more awesome in person. RIP sir.

Comment

Working...
                              X