Anything Good Last Night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
    I was all over the D, but they played a really good 2nd half. Although they weren't tested all that much by Carr going more than like 12 years. So I think the D "woke" up.

The O on the other hand, as we all saw was playing like donkey darts! Nothing was "good", some parts were ok, but nothing was "good". Nick needs a ton more reps, so he better play some on Sunday, and they better have a ton of reps with the wr's TE's and Nick, he was high and behind most of his passes. Have no idea about the low snaps from Kelce, but his blocking was outstanding, but the rest of the O loine has to learn to block with a" normal pocket" now cause Nick ain't no Carson--- Nick needs to step up a bit, and run a bit... maybe instructions I dunno, but he could have had like 3 more 1st downs if he had just run. But maybe with he and Sufield being the only QB's maybe he was told not to run, Dunno. Not sure what the deal was on the WR's either Nick being too cautious or those really were not getting open at all. I think only Aggie caught a couple of short ones , haven't looked at the stats yet.

The bottom line is they gotta play much better and more consistent if they want to advance in the post season.

Now small point, would like some input. From what I understand Pederson gave the team off yesterday morning to be able to stay at home with their families.

Was that part of the non focus? the listlessness? The non emotion early on?
    I think that's customary to tell you the truth. If you can't get up for that game you have no business being in the game. It didn't seem to bother the crowd until they started consistent sucking.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

I thought Ellerby was James Willis out there. He just ran into an O lineman.

Comment

With all the BAD play last night did ANYBODY ON THIS BOARD see the Eagles as a 13-2 Club with HFA throughout the Playoffs? Anybody? Bueller?
        Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

just found this on FB and it seemed to me it was the truth.
          We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

I think that the wind went out of the sails when Carson got hurt and we're still emotionally getting over it. I think that we'd be better off if he just sat up in the booth and let the team go on without him to tell you the truth. A couple of weeks without him being the guy should help this team. Great offense against the Giants, great defense against Oakland. We've just got to put it all together for the playoffs.

Pick this up at the 56 minute mark and watch the Kendricks hit if you want to pump yourself Up!!!

https://livestream.com/accounts/8109...deos/167669179

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
              I think that's customary to tell you the truth. If you can't get up for that game you have no business being in the game. It didn't seem to bother the crowd until they started consistent sucking.
              The report I heard didn't make it sound like it was customary, in fact several players went out of their way to thank Doug! I dunno, but I think they just weren't there for 2.5 quarters!

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
                The report I heard didn't make it sound like it was customary, in fact several players went out of their way to thank Doug! I dunno, but I think they just weren't there for 2.5 quarters!
                Customary for Andy anyway and that's really who Doug learned from. It's a tough call but to me the team looked exhausted in the Giant game and I think Doug saw that too. Now I think that they just have to get through the shock of Wentz getting hurt and get their act back together. Getting Wiz back is going to help a lot. Getting their mojo back isn't going to be so easy though.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post

just found this on FB and it seemed to me it was the truth.
                  It didn't feel that way until Wentz got hurt. At least they're still in it. If Carolina lost Cam, or Seattle lost Wilson, or NO lost Brees, or Atl lost Ryan, they would be completely cooked.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post
                    It didn't feel that way until Wentz got hurt. At least they're still in it. If Carolina lost Cam, or Seattle lost Wilson, or NO lost Brees, or Atl lost Ryan, they would be completely cooked.
                    I'm looking forward for some good ol NFC East defense in the playoffs. We're certainly capable. DEFENSE, DEFENSE, DEFENSE EAGLES!!

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                      I'm looking forward for some good ol NFC East defense in the playoffs. We're certainly capable. DEFENSE, DEFENSE, DEFENSE EAGLES!!
                      That's right. They're going to have to execute on offense too. I want them to run, run, run the ball, but after seeing Foles, I gotta think teams are going to put 8 or 9 guys in the box, and force Nick to make throws.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post
                        That's right. They're going to have to execute on offense too. I want them to run, run, run the ball, but after seeing Foles, I gotta think teams are going to put 8 or 9 guys in the box, and force Nick to make throws.
                        We might do the same thing. If the refs are calling holding we'll only need 4 though.

Comment

Working...
                        X