Time to start BS with Wentz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
    Even Ivory Soap is only 99.9% pure MD. Just because one guy doesn't like somebody doesn't mean that he's not a good teammate to the other 200 people in the organization.
    Well IMM if you believe the 3rd bold, how can you reasonably think that this is an honest attempt? And I'm not trying to get on Pliny at all--- It just seems that this is exactly what the smuck that wrote the piece tries to do--- insert some controversy where there isn't any! No one is "universally"loved/liked--- so that takes the premise of having to be 100% off the table. so if he is a great teammate and guy--- should any validity be given the story or source?

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
      Well IMM if you believe the 3rd bold, how can you reasonably think that this is an honest attempt? And I'm not trying to get on Pliny at all--- It just seems that this is exactly what the smuck that wrote the piece tries to do--- insert some controversy where there isn't any! No one is "universally"loved/liked--- so that takes the premise of having to be 100% off the table. so if he is a great teammate and guy--- should any validity be given the story or source?

No, not really. Even if it was true the guy should have kept it to himself. I don't really think that a player is going to open up himself to one of these sleazeball sportswriters anyway. It sounds like it could have come from somebody who hangs around the team that doesn't particularly like Carson though. I really think that the team got better with Nick because the defense got healthier to tell you the truth.
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

It sounds like Joe might want to steer clear of the Eagles' locker room LOL!

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/...brandon-brooks

Comment

I figured out the source, Its Nick Foles he is the only one who hasn't come out in support of Carson and has the most to lose. Seriously I don't think I have ever seen so many teammates come out and defend him.
          Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
            [/B]

No, not really. Even if it was true the guy should have kept it to himself. I don't really think that a player is going to open up himself to one of these sleazeball sportswriters anyway. It sounds like it could have come from somebody who hangs around the team that doesn't particularly like Carson though. I really think that the team got better with Nick because the defense got healthier to tell you the truth.
            My point is that this is just more obvious media crap and not a real story that had enough information to write a story about ..... it is just designed to stir shit up.

And yes I firmly believe some of these guys will in fact just flatly make shit up and hide behind the “unnamed source” knowing nobody can prove fraud.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
              My point is that this is just more obvious media crap and not a real story that had enough information to write a story about ..... it is just designed to stir shit up.

And yes I firmly believe some of these guys will in fact just flatly make shit up and hide behind the “unnamed source” knowing nobody can prove fraud.
              all the big name reporters in Philly should be ashamed that they got scooped by Joey whatever the fuck his name is. The guy looks like a cock head with facial hair. Doubt he even has access to the team, I watch post game, pregame and all types of press conferences and can honestly say I have never seen him at anything
              We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
                all the big name reporters in Philly should be ashamed that they got scooped by Joey whatever the fuck his name is. The guy looks like a cock head with facial hair. Doubt he even has access to the team, I watch post game, pregame and all types of press conferences and can honestly say I have never seen him at anything
                Whoever he is he's a mean spirited SOB. What a frekin lowlife.

Comment

This is the same shit that they started up here last year after the SB with Belichick and Brady. I'll say this about Wentz, he's one of the guys and there are not many NFL guys who are. There article is ridiculous the more that I think of it.

Comment

One thing I would add though is that I hope EVERY player on the Eagles and EVERY coach on the Eagles boycotts this guy. I'm sure they can't deny him access but they can turn down interviews or in open sessions say no comment or 'guess I don't know' or 'guess I'm not sure' or some other answer that doesn't give him s*** to work with.
                    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                    Hope is not a strategy
                    RIP

Comment

This sounds exactly like the kind of leadership and personality that I want my QB to have

Q: My question would be more with the relationship with Carson Wentz in that locker room. I mean, just your overall thoughts on how that team perceives Carson Wentz. Again, some of those things that people are saying, that he’s arrogant, he’s egotistical … I’d just like to hear your thoughts in on that.

REICH: It makes me laugh because having been there two years, having been a part of the process of drafting him there and getting to know him the way that I know him, there’s just few people in this league that I think highly of than Carson. I know him very, very close. And I’m not just saying this to defend him, and I don’t need to defend him, his teammates are doing that quite well. But this guy is a humble guy. This guy is a competitor, though. He knows what he wants. This guy is a leader. This guy has so much stinkin’ juice, it’s unreal. So, I can understand how sometimes people are going to perceive things that aren’t true. But in this case, he’s another one of these elite quarterbacks that, what I used to be [impressed by is] he didn’t care one thing about stats. Like, at the end of the day, I love that about him. The two years that I worked with him, at the end of the day, he’s not a guy who’s checking his stat line because he wants to make sure he’s breaking this record. All he wanted to do was win. And ultimately that’s what told me more than anything else.

Reich was specifically mentioned in the PhillyVoice report for how he would “rein Wentz in and stop him from going off-point.” Reich also previously discussed Wentz’s stubbornness, as an April 2018 article from the Inquirer noted:

During film review, Eagles coaches instructed Wentz to be more cautious when running. The headstrong quarterback brushed off the advice, however, as he did so many defenders.

”It definitely went in one ear and out the other early on,” former Eagles offensive coordinator Frank Reich said recently. “It didn’t go exactly like this, but this is just made up to protect the innocent or protect the guilty, however you say it. We would say to him, ‘Hey, you just need to kind of back off on some of this tackling stuff.’

”And he didn’t quite say it like this, but it was essentially, ‘No. I’m not backing off. This is me. This is how I play.’”

It’s clear that Reich and Wentz didn’t always see eye-to-eye. Yet Reich has a lot of respect for Wentz anyway.

And Reich’s high opinion of Wentz should mean a lot. He’s proven that he’s a pretty good coach.

Comment

Now whoever said this about such a generous gift must be a super asshole

Russell Wilson
                        Earlier this year, former Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman had a number of critical things to say about his now-former teammate, Wilson. Speaking to ESPN, Sherman didn’t mince words.

Nick Wagoner

@nwagoner
                        · Nov 29, 2018
                        Reporter to #49ers CB Richard Sherman: You’ve seen through the years what Russell (Wilson) is capable of.
                        Sherman: "Yeah, I’ve also seen him throw 5 picks in a game so you see what he’s capable of on both sides of it. You understand that he can be defended."

Nick Wagoner

@nwagoner
                        On his relationship with Wilson: "I don't really have a relationship with Russell," Sherman said. "We were teammates. We played through a very special time for the franchise."

4:45 PM - Nov 29, 2018
                        Twitter Ads info and privacy
                        69 people are talking about this
                        Another ESPN story, this from 2017, showed a locker room in which a number of teammates were still steamed at Wilson’s game-losing interception at the goal line in Super Bowl 49.

The division remained, but then again, Wilson has been a divisive figure almost from the moment he earned the starting job, long before he became the most famous and highest-paid Seahawk. It seems to go beyond the normal jealousy aimed at most star quarterbacks. Teammates privately seem to want him exposed, but ask them why, or on what grounds, and their reasons vary. A man who vowed to live in transparency -- Wilson famously announced that he was refraining from premarital sex with his then-girlfriend, Ciara -- required guests to sign nondisclosure agreements before entering his box at Mariners games. After the Super Bowl against Denver, team management “fell in love with Russell,” in the words of a former high-level staffer; defensive players would see him in executives’ offices and wonder, “Why not me?” Pettiness grew. In 2014, Bleacher Report reported that some black teammates “think Wilson isn’t black enough.” Every Christmas, Wilson gives each player two first-class tickets on Alaska Airlines, one of his endorsements. “It didn’t cost him anything,” one Seahawk told an assistant coach last year. “Big deal.”

Unreal

Comment

Working...
                        X