No announcement yet.

Just in-Wentz extended

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love me sum Carson! Great signing. Now go get us Lombardi #2!

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
      60--- I love ya, but there are reasons to have a tiny bit of caution when it comes to Carson.

He had a very serious knee, (and he depends on his legs quite a bit even in the pocket)he has (for the 2nd time I understand) a back issue!

He has missed probably as many games as he has played in (Just guessing)!

And as we know backs can be a bitch and they CAN be recurring!

Nobody is suggesting that we trade him or make drafting a new QB a priority---- but there are some justifiable reasons to be a little (a tiny bit) cautious.

Haven't heard anybody say it was a bad deal.
      I’m doing this from memory. Wentz played 16 in year one. He played 13 in year 2. He played 9 in season 3. So that’s 38 out of 48. Most other top QBs have missed games and seasons. Hopefully he never gets hurt again.

Comment

Originally posted by Rossovich View Post
        I’m doing this from memory. Wentz played 16 in year one. He played 13 in year 2. He played 9 in season 3. So that’s 38 out of 48. Most other top QBs have missed games and seasons. Hopefully he never gets hurt again.
        Throw in playoff games and it is a bit closer, and as I said I was just guessing.... let’s do the same math on just the most recent 2 years plus playoff games....... the exact math wasn’t my point. Sheeeeeeez.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
          Throw in playoff games and it is a bit closer, and as I said I was just guessing.... let’s do the same math on just the most recent 2 years plus playoff games....... the exact math wasn’t my point. Sheeeeeeez.
          I know. We all seem to forget that Carson played all 16 his rookie year. Then if you stretch it out he played about 12 or 13 in a row the next year too before he went down for the first time. He had almost 30 straight healthy games but all that we remember is him going down the last 2 years. It's just so damn deflating when you lose your QB. It's like a shot to the gut and that's all that you remember.
          Last edited by Eagle60; 06-09-2019, 02:43 PM.
          "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

I think getting this deal done before:

Goff
            Dak
            Mahommes
            Chicago kid

Was critical. Make them all pay more including the Dak deal.
            You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
              I think getting this deal done before:

Goff
              Dak
              Mahommes
              Chicago kid

Was critical. Make them all pay more including the Dak deal.
              Yea, the Birds knew what they were doing here. It's not a win-win though. Either the Birds or Carson is going to give something away with the early signing. Then again how much can Wentz get screwed if somebody hands you $77million?

Comment

At some point Carson won't be highest paid and it wouldn't bother me one bit if Dak got paid much more than Wentz. I don't know Carson one bit so I have no idea if that would bother him but I would hope he would realize that all it does is put the pinch on the cowgirls sal cap.
                Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                Hope is not a strategy
                RIP

Comment

Not sure why Banner has to go on ESPN to declare how great a deal the Eagles got by spending $35 million to control Wentz for 4 years. Maybe he is right, and maybe not, but why tell your franchise QB that you think you pulled one over on him? Sounds like the return of an unchecked ego.
                  Russian reporters to Bobby Clarke: Can you imagine hockey without fights?
                  Robert Earle Clarke's response: Can you imagine vodka without alcohol?

Comment

I have to view this as a good move. The Eagles went all in on Wentz, so it makes complete sense to get this deal done now, before the market increases, which it surely will. As noted, he needs to stay healthy and earn the money on the field.

That said, I'd really like to be a fly on the wall for Dak's agent and the Jones fellas in big D. I mean, I think we all agree that, from a talent aspect, Carson has a bit of an edge on Dak, but the painful truth is that Dak hasn't missed any time. I think the Jones will want to pay Dak less than Carson, but I think Dak is going to want a bit more.

Comment

Originally posted by flyered View Post
                      Not sure why Banner has to go on ESPN to declare how great a deal the Eagles got by spending $35 million to control Wentz for 4 years. Maybe he is right, and maybe not, but why tell your franchise QB that you think you pulled one over on him? Sounds like the return of an unchecked ego.
                      I suppose that it never occured to the friekin POS Weasel that maybe, just maybe Carson was different and decided to leave some money on the table for his teammates instead of milking the franchise dry like other QBs do. He couldn't fathom that somebody might be be comfortable on a guaranteed $77million when he could have held out for another 20 or 30 more because he's not greedy. Nope, that thought couldn't possibly have entered that cheap egotistical SOB's mind. And he wonders why he doesn't have a job.

Comment

Two people who never did themselves any favors by talking to the media. Joe Banner and Donovan McNabb. And still, neither one of them has learned to just STFU.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post
                          Two people who never did themselves any favors by talking to the media. Joe Banner and Donovan McNabb. And still, neither one of them has learned to just STFU.
                          Quoted For Truth!

Comment

Here is the contract breakdown for Wentz

Signing bonus: $16,367,683
                            Base salary/roster bonuses:
                            2019: $720K
                            2020: $1.383M & $8M
                            2021: $3.9M & 10M
                            2022: $18.5M & $1K
                            2023: $18M & $5M
                            2024: $21M & $5M
                            Team option for 2020: $30M
                            Incentives/escalators: $16M

2020 is the highest paid year. 30 mill plus the prorated bonus so its around 33 million, then it goes down.

Really a good deal for both sides. Cap hits from 21-24 will most likely be bargains based on others when they get paid and also the cap increases.
                            Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Thanks Taz.

it does make you laugh when the media just focuses on 32 mil a year. It was an extension and had guarantees

very fair deal for both sides IMHO

the hard part for Wentz is he is past the love stage from fans and is now in the expectation stage. Fans are not going to be as easy on him anymore

Comment

Working...
                              X