Snap Counts tell the story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snap Counts tell the story

Analyzing Eagles snap counts from Philadelphia’s preseason game versus the Titans
    Playing time breakdown.

By Brandon Lee Gowton@BrandonGowton Aug 9, 2019, 12:04pm EDT

NFL: AUG 08 Preseason - Titans at Eagles
    Photo by Andy Lewis/Icon Sportswire via Getty Images
    The official snap counts from the Philadelphia Eagles’ preseason loss to the Tennessee Titans are in. Let’s take a look.

Did not play
    DeSean Jackson, Carson Wentz, Nelson Agholor, Mack Hollins, Alshon Jeffery, Shelton Gibson, Ronald Darby, Rodney McLeod, Malcolm Jenkins, Corey Clement, Jalen Mills, Cre’Von LeBlanc, Darren Sproles, Boston Scott, Paul Worrilow, Nigel Bradham, Kamu Grugier-Hill, Brandon Graham, Jason Kelce, Lane Johnson, Jason Peters, Isaac Seumalo, Brandon Brooks, Richard Rodgers, Zach Ertz, Fletcher Cox, Timmy Jernigan, Derek Barnett

Starters
    As you can see from the list above, the Eagles rested most of their true first team players.

Rookies from the 2019 NFL Draft
    DRAFT PICKS

Andre Dillard - 33 offense, 3 special teams

Miles Sanders - 6 offense, 3 special teams

JJ Arcega-Whiteside - 29 offense, 9 special teams

Shareef Miller - 46 defense, 2 special teams

Clayton Thorson - 13 offense

UNDRAFTED ROOKIE FREE AGENTS

T.J. Edwards - 55 defense, 13 special teams

Nate Herbig - 24 offense, 3 special teams

Sua Opeta - 24 offense

Kevin Wilkins - 23 defense, 3 special teams

Jay Liggins - 19 defense, 5 defense

DeAndre Thompkins - 18 offense, 8 special teams

Ajene Harris - 17 defense, 3 special teams

Ryan Bates - 13 offense, 3 special teams

Keegan Render - 9 offense, 3 special teams

Quarterbacks
    Nate Sudfeld - 30

Cody Kessler - 14

Clayton Thorson - 13

Players who played the most
    Offense: Jordan Mailata, Matt Pryor, Andre Dillard, Halapoulivaati Vaitai, Stefen Wisniewski, Charles Johnson, Nate Sudfeld, JJ Arcega-Whiteside

Defense: Bruce Hector, Jeremiah McKinnon, Josh Hawkins, T.J. Edwards, Treyvon Hester, Alex Singleton, Tre Sullivan, Josh Sweat, Shareef Miller, Johnathan Cyprien

Special teams: Joshua Perkins, T.J. Edwards, Will Tye, JJ Arcega-Whiteside, Greg Ward, Alex Singleton, Tre Sullivan

Quick observations
    The Eagles mostly avoided playing key players.
    The Eagles gave developmental projects like Mailata and Pryor a lot of reps.
    I’d think the Eagles wouldn’t have gone so heavy on Vaitai’s snaps if they didn’t feel comfortable with Brandon Brooks playing very early in the season. Then again, they did want to get him experience playing at guard for the first time.
    Nate Herbig and Sua Opeta are the undrafted rookie free agents pushing for a reserve offensive line roster spot.
    Doug Pederson said Jordan Howard played because he “wanted to see him live.” One of the rare offensive “starters” to play.
    The Eagles barely playing Miles Sanders shows a confidence in his ability. It’s not like they’re having him out there trying to prove himself.
    T.J. Edwards got a ton of playing time on both defense and special teams. Looks like the Eagles are really giving him a chance to show he belongs.
    Johnathan Cyprien played a good chunk of snaps despite signing with the team only a week ago. Eagles also trying to see what he can do.
    ENTIRE OFFENSE

ENTIRE DEFENSE

SPECIAL TEAMS
    Cameron Johnston - 9

Rick Lovato - 9

Jake Elliott - 6
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Edwards is going to be a solid player I think.
    You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

I generally thought the young players who we know will be on the team, Dillard, Maddox, JJAW, Miller etc. played well. The guys like Hawkins etc who won't be on the team didn't do themselves any favors.
      Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Working...
      X