THE WIRE season 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THE WIRE season 1

now On Demand.Just watched 1 of the great scenes of all time.McNulty and Bunk play out about 5 minutes without saying anything but F@*k or motherf@*ker. Freaking classic.
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Originally posted by musicman View Post
    now On Demand.Just watched 1 of the great scenes of all time.McNulty and Bunk play out about 5 minutes without saying anything but F@*k or motherf@*ker. Freaking classic.
    It still is one of my all time favorite scenes. I watched the entire series back to back last year. It was worth it. I was consumed by it with the ability to watch from start to finish in the span of about 4 months.

Comment

That is a great scene.

I absolutely love the wire. I've seen the whole series probably 2 1/2 times. I can discuss the thing like it was the Great Gatsby or something. The writers were fantastic.

I love all the echoes in the show. But not the standard technique where two people say the same things back to back in two different scenes. Sometimes, it takes a few shows.

There's also a great counterbalance of characters and what they say (Greek and Marlowe) that you have to wait TWO seasons for.

"Get on with it, motherfucker!"

Comment

Vin - are you going to watch Treme? It is a New Orleans' based post Katrina project from David Simon. It comes in April to HBO with Bunk & Lester starring along with Steve Zahn.

Comment

I probably will but i'm not much interested in the whole katrina thing. call me uncaring but i'm just a little tired of that tragedy. Plus I hate Sean Payton.

But I've watched all of David Simon's stuff so I will probably jump on it. There's not much quality programming on TV so you gotta get whatever you can.

Oh, there's a new movie coming out with Bunk that was called Stringbean and Marcus but now has been retitled to something like Dark was the Night. Anyway, they filmed in philly last year and they rented my jukebox for a scene. I hope the ole wurlitzer made the final cut.

Comment

I hope this doesn't go to your head,I've seen people reach celebrity status and become total a$$holes.Just remember the little people.
            We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

for you, i'll sign an autograph.

I shouldve slapped a sportscolumn sticker on the thing

Comment

Working...
              X