Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nova Plays Zero Defense (Gone from BE Tourney)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nova Plays Zero Defense (Gone from BE Tourney)

I've never seen so many uncontested 3 point shots by opposing teams as I have this year against Nova.

Marquette just hit everything and they played no defense.

Scottie Reynolds picked a bad time to become Kevin Ollie.
    Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
    Playoff Appearances:
    NFC Title Games:
    Super Bowl Titles:

Originally posted by BIGPHILLY View Post
    I've never seen so many uncontested 3 point shots by opposing teams as I have this year against Nova.

Marquette just hit everything and they played no defense.

Scottie Reynolds picked a bad time to become Kevin Ollie.

You should watch the Sixers. They don't even bother to defend past the arc.

I watched most of the game today and it was pretty terrible. But Marquette always plays Nova tough. Hopefully Jay Wright will beat some sense in the boys and they can make a sweet 16 run. This team won't get in the Elite EIght.

Comment

Well - I certainly respect WVU, Pitt, Cuse and Marquette (All teams who legitimately beat Nova recently) - but it wasn't like Nova couldn't have played defense in a way that would have prevented what happened in most of those games.

They don't play the 3 ball and teams light them up. Marquette just ate them alive deep.

If Corey Stokes didn't play lights out - Nova loses by 15.

I'm afraid Nova won't get past the 2nd round.
      Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
      Playoff Appearances:
      NFC Title Games:
      Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

I haven't looked at their roster, but I was under the assumption that they were pretty young. They have Fisher/Reynolds/Stokes/Pena, but I thought everyone else was pretty much a freshman. So in my head I've given them some leeway. If they get to the sweet sixteen i'd consider the season a success.

I also love how everyone in the media was ragging on Nova for their mediocre finish to the season, but then watching the selection show everyone had them against Duke in the elite 8. And if thats the case, I think Duke wins.

Comment

Working...
        X