No announcement yet.

Wish list for upgrading the Phillies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My logic is, right or wrong, is that they are only even gonna possibly spend big on one player this offseason..... make it count on a hole in the club that needs to be filled.

I don't think they will spend big on pitching, and the only real hole they have is 3rd base. Spend it on Figgins.

Comment

Brandon Lyon: Though there are a lot of closers available via free agency, Lyon may be willing to take a set up role and is only a Type B free agent. The Phillies, Angles, Mets and Yankees are all likely to be interested - via baseballrumormill.com

Comment

INDIANAPOLIS -- The Philadelphia Phillies are boosting their bench by adding free agent Ross Gload, a person familiar with the deal told The Associated Press.
        The contract will become complete pending a physical, said the person, who requested anonymity because an official announcement had not been made.
        The 33-year-old Gload led the majors last season with 21 pinch hits. He hit .261 overall with six home runs and 30 RBIs for Florida.
        The two-time NL champion Phillies have been busy this offseason, signing infielders Placido Polanco and Juan Castro and catcher Brian Schneider.
        Gload is a career .283 hitter in eight seasons. The Marlins got him last April from Kansas City, and recently turned down a $2.6 million option for Gload in 2010.
        http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4727696

Does this mean Dobbs is in trouble?

Comment

Originally posted by 12dickau4pres View Post
          Brandon Lyon: Though there are a lot of closers available via free agency, Lyon may be willing to take a set up role and is only a Type B free agent. The Phillies, Angles, Mets and Yankees are all likely to be interested - via baseballrumormill.com
          Lyon would be a nice pick up. But will that bode well for Lidge's psyche?
          Last edited by saratoga; 12-10-2009, 01:10 PM.
          www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

I think Dobbs is ok, Stairs is gone.

Comment

Working...
            X