GDT - NLDS Game 1: Giants vs Phillies @CBP 10-16-2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 12dickau4pres View Post
    Who was the Giants submarine LH they brought in? Lopez?

If you listen to Joe Buck he was a trade deadline pickup from the Pirates

WTF Ruben, where were you on that one?
    I had the sound muted, so I heard little or nothing either tool said all night. If Lopez was a late aquisition you've got to question where Amaro's thumb was at the trade deadline.

Comment

I'm actually not panicking unless Oswalt blows it tomorrow.

1-1 going back to SF.

Hamels wins 3
      If blanton loses 4, that's fine.

Halladay wins game 5.

Now you need Oswalt and Hamels to win 1 out of 2.

done.

Comment

Originally posted by tinopuno View Post
        I had the sound muted, so I heard little or nothing either tool said all night. If Lopez was a late aquisition you've got to question where Amaro's thumb was at the trade deadline.
        A submarine LH to me, is like a "big back" for Eagles fans. It seems like you should have one, I don't understand why not.

Comment

I'll admit I'm a pessimist by training when it comes to Philly pro sports. That said, I have a bad feeling about this series, especially after tonight.

I expected better from Doc tonight, even given the missed 3rd strike on Burrell that led to the margin of victory. (The ump was pretty awful but not one sided. SF took advantage of opportunities. The Phils didn't.)
          The 2nd fat pitch to that cocksucker Ross was absolutely inexcusable for a guy with Halladay's experience. If you tell me Halladay is going to get 3 runs to work with vs Lincecum, I'm assuming we win.

Here are the problems that I see:
          - We're going to have to beat 2 tough lefties (Sanchez and Bumgarner) plus Cain.
          - Howard's head is burried deep in his ass. I'm expecting little or nothing from him in the way of big hits.
          - Rollins is fielding his position, but is a disater in the 5 whole.
          - I expect Utley, Ruiz, Werth and Polanco to represent at the plate, but Ibanez and, especially, Victorino concern me against SF's staff.
          - Cholly's stuborn loyalty.

I know the Vegas guys like Philly big time and they know a lot more than me. I think we're fucked.

Comment

Originally posted by 12dickau4pres View Post
            A submarine LH to me, is like a "big back" for Eagles fans. It seems like you should have one, I don't understand why not.
            Especially when all we had from the left side was a very unreliable Romero (since the injury) and a very inexperienced Bastardo.

Not so important vs SF, but there's this team from the Bronx which has some real trouble with lefties.

Comment

I didn't have a good feeling about this series going in, mainly because A) the Giants' starting pitching is very good and can pretty much match the Phillies' starting pitching IMO, B) the Phillies' hitting has been inconsistent all year, and even when they got hot later in the season it was pitching rather than hitting that primarily carried them, and C) the Phillies as a team, especially the Phillies' hitters, seem to struggle against the Giants, or at least they have for the last 2-3 seasons. (I'd have to look up the stats to see if that last statement is indeed true.)

Comment

The question I have (that I'm looking forward to tonight), do you change the lineup drastically for game two?

If you do, I guess that would be a "panic" move if they lose and a "genius" move if they win

Comment

you might move rollins to 8th.

the drastic move (and which might be genius) is moving rollins to first.

all i know is Utley and Shane need to do something.

Comment

I'd consider benching Rollins completely in favor of Valdez.
                    Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Working...
                    X