X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here comes the shit storm

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/...r-bowl-jenkins
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

I voted yes in the poll. The vote is literally 50/50 with about 3000 votes total. Can’t make that up.

I think the Jenkins and Longs and Jeff Luries would go along way toward looking serious about what they believe in by going to the White House. Recall that Ray Lewis and Jim Brown met with DJT. The Eagles should do the same.

They can absolutely have opinions about him and what he is doing but by failing to offer even the smallest amount of respect they are hurting themselves. Suck it up.... go... meet privately or publicly with him and discuss sentencing issues and Black and minority enterprises. Or don’t but you look smaller and more unserious if you don’t go.
    You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
      I voted yes in the poll. The vote is literally 50/50 with about 3000 votes total. Can’t make that up.

I think the Jenkins and Longs and Jeff Luries would go along way toward looking serious about what they believe in by going to the White House. Recall that Ray Lewis and Jim Brown met with DJT. The Eagles should do the same.

They can absolutely have opinions about him and what he is doing but by failing to offer even the smallest amount of respect they are hurting themselves. Suck it up.... go... meet privately or publicly with him and discuss sentencing issues and Black and minority enterprises. Or don’t but you look smaller and more unserious if you don’t go.

Bingo..... This isn't about Trump. It is IMHO respect for the offer, the office, and the WH itself. IMM, just me, it seems un-American and disrespectful to the whole country. Just me!

IMM, there are a gazillion other ways to work for the social things you want to work towards.
      Last edited by MDFAN; 04-24-2018, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Hell you are world champions go to the UN. Talk to Congress and go tot he Capital. Take the team on a sightseeing trip around DC for all I care. Quite honestly I really don't care one way or the other if the birds go but please let us not make it out to be wrong to say I don't want to go.
        Not saying it is you MD but if the shoe were on the other foot half the people who say it is about the offer or the office or the white house would be saying why should I go to celebrate with someone I have no respect for.
        Couldn't disagree more andre. I would concur that it would be smaller and unserious to not go if there were to be any discussion at all. But this is strictly photo op. I would think far less of Lurie if he were to say the guy is a disaster but goes on a hug em and love em photo op.
        Lastly, how big is it for a guy to not go to the funeral of a first lady. The first lady of presidents from your party. Yea....it is about respect. Right.
        Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
        Hope is not a strategy
        RIP

Comment

It was respect as the bushes hate Trump.

Again you don't have to like Trump, but this is the WH, The office, no matter who is in it, and I said the same thing when guys refused to go when Obama was there and guys refuse to go. So please don't tell me about the other shoe nonsense.

Like I said this is entertainment, not politics or the social justice hour. I equate this the same way I did and do the National Anthem kneel downs---- Get the f'ing social crap out of my entertainment. There are a gazillion ways to work toward any social platform you want to without making "statements" interfering with my entertainment!

Comment

I agree with you MD. To be honest about it I don't like the whole idea of the thing. I don't think that the Presidents should use these glorified photo opts to begin with. I think that Nixon started this shit but I'm not sure. But now that it is the "norm" I don't think that Luri should be turning the whole thing into a political statement either. He should keep his views to himself. I've seen some of his quotes.

So now, instead of concentrating on winning a Super Bowl we can instead focus on Eaglegate which will of course turn into a media circus. Nice going Jeff. You just might end up sinking this season before it even gets off the ground.

And no fellas, I don't agree that this should be some sit down thing to talk about society problems to try to appease everybody. If Jenkins, Luri and the rest of the guys want to go visit Trump and talk this business they should either agree to do it behind the scenes or schedule some other time to do it instead of turning this into a genuine political football.

Comment

You must have missed the part where I said "not saying it is you MD" but you know damned good and well that people did the same when Obama was in office and did it under the guise of it not being about the office.
              And a trip to the white house is not entertainment. The game is entertainment. This is politics. This is glad handing. This is photo ops. In fact they don't go spend the day with Trump or any president. They go get tours, get mementos, etc. The president comes in does a photo op, slaps a few backs, gets a team shirt and then that is that. I'd add in that the kneel down did absolutely nothing, nothing to interfere with the entertainment. The game went on. It was before the entertainment. In fact it was nothing until Trump wanted to score easy points with his base. He made it about the flag, about patriotism. It had nothing at all to do with that.
              If players or staff want to go to the white house to be celebrated great. If others don't want to go who the hell is anyone to tell them they are wrong or disrespectful. Actually if Trump was showing respect to the Bushes by not going maybe the Eagles who don't go are showing respect to Trump. Or maybe they will schedule on a weekend cause you know Trump will be in Florida if it is a weekend.
              Hope is not a strategy
              RIP

Comment

NoDak... respectfully I don’t think anybody skipped the WH because of Prez Obama. I remember that happened with G W Bush. I just don’t think it happened.

And adults do that sort of thing all the time. Obama met and shook hands with Cubans and Venezuelan leaders. The Congress is attacking the current occupant daily but chuck and Nancy have also visited and met with him.

If the players and Lurie would merely say we don’t agree with his politics but we are going and we hope it serves as an example that we have to be willing to talk then it would earn them a lot of good will. Yeah it’s a PR stunt to go but it also is one to not go.

But to be fair I don’t care either way enough really. Maybe do away with all the WH visits. It’s a free country. They can do what they want.
                You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

You must have missed the part where I said "not saying it is you MD" but you know damned good and well that people did the same when Obama was in office and did it under the guise of it not being about the office.

No, I heard ya, but your implication was that in general people did this to Obama, and I'm sure "some" did -- but if we are gonna be honest you know "damned good and well" that this President is under 25 times more personal "hatred" and name calling then any other. And I explained to you that I and I am sure many others in fact disliked it when they did it to Obama also.

And a trip to the white house is not entertainment. The game is entertainment. This is politics. This is glad handing. This is photo ops. In fact they don't go spend the day with Trump or any president. They go get tours, get mementos, etc. The president comes in does a photo op, slaps a few backs, gets a team shirt and then that is that. I'd add in that the kneel down did absolutely nothing, nothing to interfere with the entertainment. The game went on. It was before the entertainment. In fact it was nothing until Trump wanted to score easy points with his base. He made it about the flag, about patriotism. It had nothing at all to do with that.

Well I sure am glad that you settled that for all the rest of us!!!!
                  Sorry but you (not you personally)but (left, Lib's or the PC police) don't get to decide any of that for the rest of us. The trip to the WH and that photo op is/can be every bit of MY Entertainment of my Eagles football team!!! I have dreamed of seeing MY team being celebrated!! You don't get to tell me what my entertainment can and can not consist of.

If players or staff want to go to the white house to be celebrated great. If others don't want to go who the hell is anyone to tell them they are wrong or disrespectful.

Never said they could not choose for themselves one way or the other --- but in fact yes I do get to decide if that is disrespectful to my beliefs, opinions, which is what I expressed! Again you don't get to be the judge and jury in what I can be offended by or not. Just like the kneeling, I view it one way and you may another--- doesn't mean you are right and I am just being deplorable! But that seems to be the consensus on the left and with Lib's--- "we get to decide".

Actually if Trump was showing respect to the Bushes by not going maybe the Eagles who don't go are showing respect to Trump.

Plaaaaleese, not even in the same discussion based on the circumstances. Trump doesn't hate them (players) like the Bushes hate him. Just ridiculous point.

Or maybe they will schedule on a weekend cause you know Trump will be in Florida if it is a weekend.

This is just pure snark and not worth commenting on, thought you would be above this but ... oh well.

BTW-- the You is always to be taken as the Left, The lib's or the PC police... not personally ND.
                  Last edited by MDFAN; 04-25-2018, 02:58 PM.

Comment

It turns out that this practice has gone on since the Civil War!

There's really some good stuff in this article:

http://www.espn.com/college-football...ican-tradition

Comment

Andre, I have to disagree. Some did not go when Obama was in just as some did not go for every president I would think. Where I wholeheartedly agree is that it is their right to not go. Just like kneeling in protest is not necessarily disrespect to the flag not going is not necessarily disrespect to the office. One can take it as disrespect if they want to make an issue but that doesn't mean it is disrespect to the office. I worked with lost of people and socialized with lots of people I had no respect for. But on those occasions when given the choice I wouldn't work with them or socialize with them. Not sure why the Eagles going or not going has to be a s***storm.
                      Hope is not a strategy
                      RIP

Comment

I have little doubt you will never accept my view that DJT is a piece of s***. I'm not saying he is not a good president (the jury is still out on that) or has the potential of being a good president. I actually continue to agree with a lot of what he does. I'm just saying he is a pos person and I think we should be able to do better than that as president.
                        Maybe you can honestly say he is hated more than Obama but I doubt it so that 25 times thing is out the window. The hatred may be more in the open but there can be little doubt DJT fostered that. From day one he fostered that. Barack Obama was hated every bit as much; just by the other side. Hell the current president still doesn't think he was even an American.
                        I apologize. If seeing every member of the Eagles going to the white house is your entertainment then good on you. If watching the national anthem before the game (even though the vast majority of times networks have gone to commercial) is your entertainment then good on you. I just don't believe the vast majority see it as entertainment. I am also not saying that I decided for everyone but there is no way in hell I will ever believe that is entertainment. Unless someone wants to use it to make a point. If I am wrong though I apologize.
                        Evidently you get to decide what is ridiculous and what isn't. If you get to decide that Trump not going is out of respect why can someone else not see players not going out of respect. He doesn't like the Bushes and they don't like him (although he likes them enough to send his wife). Well he called Jenkins et al sons of bitches so I don't really think he likes them and evidently they don't like him. Not much different IMO.
                        And yes that was a snarky comment. But the guy who said he would be working so hard that he will never get to see his properties LEAVES the white house almost every single weekend to spend his time at his properties. I just see it as a good compromise for the team to go on the weekend. Because we should all know DJT won't be there.
                        And you can sell the fake news channel (sorry fox news channel) talking point about all the libs say this or that somewhere else. Fox is as divisive to this country as anyone. The two party system-- the far right and the far left stir hatred in this country. They want people to live and act the way they want them to. Fortunately or maybe unfortunately we don't have to like the way others live their life.
                        Hope is not a strategy
                        RIP

Comment

Thank you... You make my point. He is doing a good job so far, but let's hate on the drama and the tweets. Can't gave a logical discussion with anyone who argues from hate or drama or emotions.

Evidently we will never agree.

Comment

NoDak
                            I love and respect you man. But I challenge you to find a single instance where a player publicly said he was t going to the White House to meet PBO. If it happened that players name would be burned into our brain and he would wear a scarlet letter forever.

Joe Wilson said you lied 10 years ago at the SOTU address and it is still talked about.

The first player I can recall not going was Priest Holmes for Kansas City with W. And then the floodgates opened and a lot of people didn’t go. Now there were people that didn’t go with Obama but I can’t recall somebody saying it was BECAUSE of Obama. It didnt happen.

And now it happens a lot and I’m fine with it. Free speech go for it. It’s a publicity stunt to go and to not go.

That’s my point... just go. That’s my point.

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
                              Andre, I have to disagree. Some did not go when Obama was in just as some did not go for every president I would think. Where I wholeheartedly agree is that it is their right to not go. Just like kneeling in protest is not necessarily disrespect to the flag not going is not necessarily disrespect to the office. One can take it as disrespect if they want to make an issue but that doesn't mean it is disrespect to the office. I worked with lost of people and socialized with lots of people I had no respect for. But on those occasions when given the choice I wouldn't work with them or socialize with them. Not sure why the Eagles going or not going has to be a s***storm.
                              Come on ND, you know that the press will be all over this. I'm just saying that we don't need the distraction. I could give a shit less than how it makes Trump look. It's next to impossible to win back to back championships as it is without Jenkins and company getting all political too. I understand their pain but I wish that they would find another way to get their points across. We've got a Lombardi to defend!

Comment

Working...
                              X