I'm a little worried about Sturgess

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm a little worried about Sturgess

Last year the guy was money. This year he's been a little inconsistent in camp only hitting on about 80%. This is similar to can't miss Parkey 2 years ago. It's not with the leg these guys get in trouble, it's with their head. Most of them run hot and cold, great one year and lose it the next and bounce around from one team to another hoping to find it again. That's how we got him in the first place. Here's another example of a guy who was just unreal at Florida State but struggled with TB last season.

Bears claim ex-Bucs K Roberto Aguayo off waivers

Chicago Bears have claimed former Tampa Bay Buccaneers kicker Roberto Aguayo off of waivers according to Field Yates of ESPN.

It is not a bad move, as the Bears will be able to take a look at Aguayo for the rest of camp and the preseason in on the chance that he can regain the form that made him one of the best kickers in the NCAA at Florida State. His prowess in college of course led the Bucs to move up in the second round of the 2016 draft to select him 59th-overall. Aguayo clearly could not handle the pressure that came with that lofty draft status as he was the worst kicker in the NFL as a rookie. The Bucs finally threw in the towel this weekend after Aguayo missed an extra point and a field goal in the team's preseason opener.

In Chicago, Aguayo will compete for a job with veteran Connor Barth. There is a legitimate shot for him to earn the job there-if he can get out of his own head.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

I was really worried about Sturgis at this point last year. We just gotta hope like hell he gets his shit together again.

Comment

Sturgis has been around a long time & should be ok as long as Dave Fipp is still the ST's Coach.
      As Alex Trebek would say: "Not to Worry"!
      Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

Originally posted by j-bird View Post
        Sturgis has been around a long time & should be ok as long as Dave Fipp is still the ST's Coach.
        As Alex Trebek would say: "Not to Worry"!
        I seriously doubt that Fipp knows how to kick a football J. Then again what do I know? It's all in a kicker's head for the most part.
        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
          I seriously doubt that Fipp knows how to kick a football J. Then again what do I know? It's all in a kicker's head for the most part.
          Agholor missed his calling. He has a kicker's mentality

Comment

I worry about every kicker ,,,,, every year.

Comment

You're spelling is what worries me

It's Sturgis

😂

Comment

Working...
              X