Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Aussie OL Project Trying To Catch On In NFL

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ing-nfl-a-shot

The kid is 20 years old. Why don't you try some Jr. college ball first buddy?
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

he looks like he could carry another 50 lbs
      We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
        The kid is 20 years old. Why don't you try some Jr. college ball first buddy?
        If I am him I’m going for the pay day now rather than go to a Jr. college and prove I can’t make the transition. Some NFL team will convince themselves that he is the real deal and take a flyer on him in a late round. If he turns out to be a quality pick he will get big money in the next deal. If he sucks he still made a few hundred grand.
        Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
        Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
          If I am him I’m going for the pay day now rather than go to a Jr. college and prove I can’t make the transition. Some NFL team will convince themselves that he is the real deal and take a flyer on him in a late round. If he turns out to be a quality pick he will get big money in the next deal. If he sucks he still made a few hundred grand.
          Yup---- Either way he makes more money than he would have, IMM.

Comment

What transition??? He's 20 years old and never played football. I don't know why the kid is even bothering. You just don't walk into the NFL and play. I think that it's ridiculous.

Comment

It may indeed be a fools errand E60, but nothing ventured,nothing gained.

Remember that German WR project that showed enough to get drafted by the Vikings near the end of the draft? I don’t know if he’s still there but the German guy pretty much did what this guy is doing.

There was the other Aussie, RB Hayne who got signed by the Niners. He didn’t stick so he went back to rugby but he took a shot in the NFL

Also, as the article mentions, there’s not many people on the planet that are his size that are able to move like that . The Bill Parcells Planet Theory.

Comment

He's the biggest kid in his gym class running all over everybody. He's a boy. If he had a football background he'd have a shot. You're 20 years old kid, what's the rush? Go someplace and learn how to play the game son and then come back in a couple of years and see if you can play with other men. I still think it's ridiculous. Then I think of how we let a 300 lb. US RANGER walk out the door and I really go nuts!!

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                  He's the biggest kid in his gym class running all over everybody. He's a boy. If he had a football background he'd have a shot. You're 20 years old kid, what's the rush? Go someplace and learn how to play the game son and then come back in a couple of years and see if you can play with other men. I still think it's ridiculous. Then I think of how we let a 300 lb. US RANGER walk out the door and I really go nuts!!
                  And while at collage he tears up 2 Achilles? Coaches should earn their money on this project... you know the old saying about speed--- you can't teach it.... same sorta thing with this guy. You can teach what he don't have.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
                    And while at collage he tears up 2 Achilles? Coaches should earn their money on this project... you know the old saying about speed--- you can't teach it.... same sorta thing with this guy. You can teach what he don't have.
                    How many actual players come out of college at 20 years old that actually know how to play? This kid has zero chance.

The German that TP mentioned actually played football in Europe and had a clue how to play. The Aussie that made it in SF for a few games was a MAN, not a boy. He also did about 3 stupid things in 5 weeks and was gone. I'll give nice odds that the boy never plays a down. He'd have a hard time getting a tryout at Ohio State nevermind making an NFL team.

Comment

I don't know what will happen--- but I refuse to think he has 0 chance of making a PS somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
                        I don't know what will happen--- but I refuse to think he has 0 chance of making a PS somewhere.
                        I don't even understand practice squads anymore either the way they run guys in and out every week. At least a couple of them actually made it to the team roster last year which is why I think the thing was invented in the first place. When somebody has to be replaced it seems like we always brought in a vet to replace him in the past and even did this again this year with Ellerbe, Goode, Barner and Beatty.

Comment

He's 6'8 345 and looks to be about 5% body fat and runs a 5.0 forty. I'd take a look at him, he won't cost anything substancial . Give him a PS spot and see what happens.
                          We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Maybe we should give this guy a shot too

https://kotaku.com/samurai-slices-a-...ativeid=187091

Comment

I'd let him play against the cowboys. The Last Boy Scout, Samurai remake

Comment

Working...
                              X