Not much to like in this game.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not much to like in this game.

It's a win but the ton of dumb ass penalties(especially by Mills), the unforced errors, the crappy pass blocking, "C" level pass rush and continued mediocre secondary play, all combined with having to listen to the totally impartial Daryl Johnson do everything short of sticking needles in a Carson Wentz doll, made it a long and uninspiring 3hurs.

Wentz gets a pass on a couple bad decisions but he appears to be back physically so that good...really good. Smallwood showed a lot more power than I thought possible for him and Aggy, as is often the case, made a couple real big plays with his legs and heart. Goedert had a good game with a couple very nice catches.

Other than that, I don't trust Jake Elliott.

I'm good, we got a W
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

There were a few good things though tino:

As I said in the game thread you have to love our defense at the goal line. How many games have we won holding strong there? Today was another one.

Also you had to love the game Smallwood played. I don't think that anybody expected that.

Darby again was great.

Jake missing from 55 didn't bother me. It wasn't like he shanked it.

Why is Perkins in the NFL?
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

We have 5 offensive starters on the bench today so I give the O a bit of a pass. The penalties are unacceptable - no excuses! They have to get that shit cleaned up fast!
        Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
        Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
          We have 5 offensive starters on the bench today so I give the O a bit of a pass. The penalties are unacceptable - no excuses! They have to get that shit cleaned up fast!
          I just don't know what you can do with Mills because he's such a two edged sword. He does a great job on underneath stuff and is an excellent tackler but he's a flag waiting to happen on anything over 15 yards.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
            There were a few good things though tino:

As I said in the game thread you have to love our defense at the goal line. How many games have we won holding strong there? Today was another one.

Also you had to love the game Smallwood played. I don't think that anybody expected that.

Darby again was great.

Jake missing from 55 didn't bother me. It wasn't like he shanked it.

Why is Perkins in the NFL?

There were some positives. I mentioned Smallwood's surprisingly powerful running, and Goedert and Aggy's play. Wentz' physical play was VERY reassuring.

The goal line D has been very impressive so far this year. It's all the poor secondary play and stupid penalties that have allowed the opponents to get in 1st and goal predicaments that concern me.

I know Elliott has made some BIG FGs and I know today it was a 55 yarder in the rain. It's just a gut feeling I have about the guy which may be way off...but I just done trust him.

Comment

Originally posted by tinopuno View Post
              There were some positives. I mentioned Smallwood's surprisingly powerful running, and Goedert and Aggy's play. Wentz' physical play was VERY reassuring.

The goal line D has been very impressive so far this year. It's all the poor secondary play and stupid penalties that have allowed the opponents to get in 1st and goal predicaments that concern me.

I know Elliott has made some BIG FGs and I know today it was a 55 yarder in the rain. It's just a gut feeling I have about the guy which may be way off...but I just done trust him.
              I hear ya tino. I was just really surprised by the running game being so good. Smallwood did show some nice power but he misses some holes too. Adams put a couple of moves on that I didn't know that he had. He seems a little slow to me though but I could be wrong there.

I just get more amazed by Agholor's ability every week.

In some ways I think the offense runs smoother with Nick. I really didn't notice any RPO plays today. I'm sure not going to get on Doug for play calling lol. He's got a pass there for the rest of my life.

Comment

Wish we had brought Torrey Smith back. I know it looks even worse without Jeffrey, but it has to be concerning that we don’t have anyone that can take the top off defenses

Comment

Mills had 2 penalties, but also had a handful of nice plays
                  We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
                    Mills had 2 penalties, but also had a handful of nice plays

As both you and '60' point out, Mills presents a quandary with his strengths and weaknesses. The question is, do his good tackling skills and his frequently good coverage make up for his occasional long PI penalties and major, big play coverage lapses.

He's now a known quantity to other teams and they're going after him so he'll either get better (he is still young) or he'll work his way to the bench or the street.

Comment

As both you and '60' point out, Mills presents a quandary with his strengths and weaknesses. The question is, do his good tackling skills and his frequently good coverage make up for his occasional long PI penalties and major, big play coverage lapses.

He's now a known quantity to other teams and they're going after him so he'll either get better (he is still young) or he'll work his way to the bench or the street.
                      Schwartz has got to get on his ass. He's not a rookie anymore. He's got too much talent to just be mediocre.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
                        I'm good, we got a W
                        Took the letter out of my mouth.

The W is what to like. Especially with injuries piling up to skill guys.

Comment

How hard do you think it was to fool the guy who led the offense last season and who saw those defenders every day ? Reich is no dummy, we won. I'm good with it.

Comment

The problem right now with Mills is he has a rep in the league for PI's. The first one was ticky tacky and if he didn't have the rep it may not have been called. The second one was legit. I love the fact he has no memory of these things. I really believe he could move to safety and soon. His strength in tackling and his ability to help in coverage would play very well there in the Rodney McCloud role
                            Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
                              The problem right now with Mills is he has a rep in the league for PI's. The first one was ticky tacky and if he didn't have the rep it may not have been called. The second one was legit. I love the fact he has no memory of these things. I really believe he could move to safety and soon. His strength in tackling and his ability to help in coverage would play very well there in the Rodney McCloud role
                              I agree for the most part taz. Good corners are hard to find though so I don't think the Birds can make that move until they let this season play out. Of course talking Mills into it probably wouldn't fly lol. A lot of it has to do with McLeod too and what they are going to do with him. He makes a mistake once in awhile but to me he's been excellent so far this year. I've never been down on him anyway.

Comment

Working...
                              X