What can Wentz be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What can Wentz be?

Watching the playoffs this weekend, I couldnt help but do a little projecting....and wishing. And I wonder what the ceiling is for Carson Wentz. What can he be? Aaron Rogers, even without Jordy Nelson, went out and claimed that game yesterday. He was insane with some of his movement, instinct and throws. Rothlesburger got it done, as well. I'd say that these two guys are probably the best models for what Carson COULD be, if we are so lucky. But....does Carson have that make up? Does he have that instinct, to go along with the physical ability. Just wondering what you guys see after watching that display. Will Carson end up being an Aaron Rogers, or a decent game manager? What QB do you see and say......THAT could be Carson.
    http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Not sure there is any way to really tell---- Till he gets a supporting cast.

Comment

I saw receivers making few plays other than the routine. An O line that was constantly shuffled. Wentz looks to have no fear and confidence in his abilities. I think the future is looking good for him. But I've been wrong before.

Comment

I definitely agree with MD and Ross said. I think he's got some stuff that he has to work on to though. The main thing that I'm worried about is that slow release of his. He's got to work on that. I think that the thing that impresses me the most about Rogers is how fast the ball comes out when he sees someone open.
        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
          I definitely agree with MD and Ross said. I think he's got some stuff that he has to work on to though. The main thing that I'm worried about is that slow release of his. He's got to work on that. I think that the thing that impresses me the most about Rogers is how fast the ball comes out when he sees someone open.

I know what you are saying. There was one play late in the game where Rogers is shifting around in the pocket, avoiding the rush, and he fires a on target dart to Cobb, I believe for a TD. And the first TD as well, he was a magician in the pocket, and then when he decided to fire, it was just GONE. Blew my mind. Unfair to expect Carson to ever be THAT. But if he were ever even 80% of it, we'll be some happy friggin campers.
          http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

I think Rodgers like is his ceiling, maybe a little of Rothlsberger (probably more because of his size). I see him as a top 5 QB in the future, just need to get him some help in his support cast.
            Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

I think more Big Ben than Rogers. Rogers/Brady are uncanny. IMO, there are 2 or 3 QBs that just stand above the rest. Then there are 4 or 5 that are top level talent. I see him in that 4 or 5. hen there are another 5 or 6 good QBs followed by the average joes
              Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
              Hope is not a strategy
              RIP

Comment

When all the dust settles, Rodgers will be one of the all time greats. It is tough to put even that ceiling on a rookie. My hope is that he'll be a top 10 qb who manages the game well while limiting turnovers. top 5 and HOF caliber is really unrealistic at this point. Sure you can hope but I would settle for what I said above.

Comment

Originally posted by Vet Turf View Post
                  When all the dust settles, Rodgers will be one of the all time greats. It is tough to put even that ceiling on a rookie. My hope is that he'll be a top 10 qb who manages the game well while limiting turnovers. top 5 and HOF caliber is really unrealistic at this point. Sure you can hope but I would settle for what I said above.
                  Top 10 gets you in the hunt and you hope he has a hot year like Ryan is having. Of course you need a couple of targets to throw to too. There are a bunch of excellent QBs that win the SB every year. You just need an upper echelon guy and surround him with talent. If you don't have a top 10 guy I don't think that you can get there anymore.
                  "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
                  X