Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kenny Britt-WOW!

Hue: Injuries stopped me from benching WR Kenny Britt

Cleveland Browns head coach Hue Jackson said during a press conference Monday that only injuries to other receivers stopped him from benching wideout Kenny Britt in Sunday's blowout loss to the Cincinnati Bengals according to Nate Ulrich of the Akron-Beacon Journal.

Signed to a four-year, $32.5 million free agent contract with $10.5 million in guaranteed money this March, the 29-year-old Britt has arguably been the worst starting wide receiver in the entire league the first four weeks of the season. He has not hustled, has committed awful drops which have contributed to the regression of rookie QB DeShone Kizer, and has incurred Jackson's wrath on a weekly basis. With Browns' 2017 season already firmly in the gutter, it is clear Jackson has had enough of Britt's act.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Wow!

Comment

Originally posted by RobLew65 View Post
      Wow!
      And to think that he was on our radar. I guess that there was a reason the Rams let him walk in FA. Whew! He didn't have the best reputation so I imagine that's why the Eagles passed on him. The word was when he came out of college that he'd be a great player because his Dad was and assistant coach in the Pros. I remember him carving us up years ago in a game. You never know.

Comment

Stealing pay checks. This happens to guys with no heart. We've had a couple on the Eagles.

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
          Stealing pay checks. This happens to guys with no heart. We've had a couple on the Eagles.
          As good as Pryor is Gruden saw him pull up on a slant over the middle last night and ripped him. I'm sorry but that's why you make $millions. If you don't want to do it go get another job like the rest of us.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
            As good as Pryor is Gruden saw him pull up on a slant over the middle last night and ripped him. I'm sorry but that's why you make $millions. If you don't want to do it go get another job like the rest of us.
            So your saying Pryor's inner Pinkston showed up

Comment

Originally posted by Rossovich View Post
              So your saying Pryor's inner Pinkston showed up

Comment

Wow, indeed. Britt was a guy I thought should be top on the Eagles list since I thought they could get him fairly cheaping compared to the top WR's that were on the market. Turns out I was wrong - the Browns dumped a truckload of cash on him...AND he sucks.

Typical Browns signing though.

Love that they passed on Wentz AND Deshawn Watson, and instead went with Cody Kessler.

Comment

Originally posted by YourPalChrisMal View Post
                  Wow, indeed. Britt was a guy I thought should be top on the Eagles list since I thought they could get him fairly cheaping compared to the top WR's that were on the market. Turns out I was wrong - the Browns dumped a truckload of cash on him...AND he sucks.

Typical Browns signing though.

Love that they passed on Wentz AND Deshawn Watson, and instead went with Cody Kessler.
                  FWIW they were after Kizer and they got him. Two really darned good guys that they passed up even if Kizer works out.

Comment

I've said it many times about guys like Britt: Million Dollar Talent, Ten Cent Head. Nuff said!
                    Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

I don't ever remember a player getting called out like that-ever! I guess that the truth hurts huh Kenny? I think that it's actually pretty cool myself.

Comment

Treggs just signed with Cleveland. I imagine he will be taking Britt’s spot. And for the record, I wanted Britt here.

Comment

Interesting piece on Britt's development I found on NJ.com. Not a hatchet job. Seems fairly objective.

LINK:http://www.nj.com/sports/njsports/in...ns_former.html

Britt has always tended to disregard authority and march to his own drummer...he resisted direction from authority in high school and once he was in the NFL. Interestingly, he did seem stay out of trouble during his three years at Rutgers under what might be termed the strict guiding hand of Greg Schiano.

But once in the NFL, with the money from a big 1st round contract in his pocket and no one to govern his impulses, the trouble began.

I also wanted the Bird's to go after this guy when it seemed he would be avaialble. So glad they didn't!

Comment

This is the thing that average fans sometimes don't know. I am certain that players, coaches, GMs, etc hear things about guys and that influences their decision to not go for them. We as fans just see that they show no interest and then immediately call them dumbasses.
                            Sometimes they are dumbasses but I am sure it is just as likely that they knew something we didn't. That is one of the reasons that I think Kapernick is not playing as opposed to all the owners colluding.
                            Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                            Hope is not a strategy
                            RIP

Comment

Kaeperdick not playing is the biggest joke in the NFL. First of all HE OPTED OUT OF HIS CONTRACT in SF. His teammates and he didn't want anything to do with him the year before he took his "stand".Then all of a sudden he was their hero. Mr. Biceps was totally infatuated with himself. He then proceeded to win 2 games with a coach with a Taylor Made offense for him. He doesn't want to be a backup and what team could the guy start for anyway? Here's the theory that I have. He doesn't want a job so that he can promote the ridiculous idea that he is being blackballed by the NFL. Ray Lewis said that he had Baltimore talked into taking him and Kaeperdick totally blew off the interview and Baltimore didn't think that he wanted to play and Lewis was pretty pissed off about it.

Comment

Working...
                              X