Salary cap ramifications?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NFL ratings down 7.5 percent through Week 6

Through the first six weeks of the NFL season, total viewership of games is down 7.5 percent, compared with the first six weeks of 2016, Darren Rovell of ESPN reports.

An average of 15 million people watched games for the first six weeks this year, compared with 16.2 million people through Week 6 last season, according to metrics from Nielsen.

An NFL spokesman didn't immediately return a message seeking comment.

Last year, the NFL attributed part of its viewership decline during the first nine weeks of the season to competition from presidential election coverage. Viewership was indeed better for the second half of the season, after the election, but it still finished down 8 percent, compared with 2015.

This season's challenges also include player protests during the national anthem, which have pitted the NFL against President Donald Trump, who again tweeted Wednesday that players should stand to honor the flag.

Don't forget to follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/theredzoneorg

Like us on Facebook at http://facebook.com/Theredzone.org
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
      Please keep your personal political views to yourself!
      It's not a "political view" if it's fact. Every Politi-fact site says Trump lies and twists the truth at a rate that is crushing records.

Comment

Originally posted by YourPalChrisMal View Post
        It's not a "political view" if it's fact. Every Politi-fact site says Trump lies and twists the truth at a rate that is crushing records.
        The facts don't belong on this page either Chris. I posted earlier that I had a shitty title for this post if you noticed and there was no intent to make this a statement. Even Vin agreed because he didn't move it. It's about greedy owners. I think that's been made pretty clear. I wish that he had moved it now.
        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

I don't think viewership being down is a surprise. I don't know the numbers but my guess is they are down for baseball, basketball, and I'm not sure hockey has much viewership at all when my family isn't watching. And football was down last year. It is a deeeeep subject. Saturation, quality of product on the field, amount of advertising (how may commercials can you actually fit into one game), and many other factors play a role. You could have a 1000 page thread with reasons.
          Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
          Hope is not a strategy
          RIP

Comment

Originally posted by YourPalChrisMal View Post
            No, it's your opinion, and they are his opinions--- none of which are facts! So please stop... or use the Misc page to discuss your political feelings.

This thread was about the Salary cap and if it would be affected by any decrease in participation.

Comment

I do not know about the salary cap but when we get stuck with Tenn vs Indy on Monday and then this week Baltimore vs Miami I know its pretty hard to watch. In fact there is some really really bad football being played this year. I mean atrocious! Poor O line play. Bad QB play. Significant injuries. I think those factors are bigger than anthem protests.

Comment

Working...
              X