Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Florio sez that according to Sal Pal............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Florio sez that according to Sal Pal............

Report: Eagles are telling teams that McNabb, Kolb aren't available

Posted by Mike Florio on February 12, 2010 11:59 AM ET
    The Eagles have said that they intend to bring back quarterback Donovan McNabb for 2010. McNabb has said he wants to return.

The only problem? No one believes it.

If it's a ruse, it's elaborate. According to Sal Paolantonio of ESPN.com, the Eagles are telling teams who are calling about the availability of quarterbacks that McNabb and Kevin Kolb are off limits.

Still, Paolantonio reports (and we agree) that league insiders believe the Eagles are posturing. If it appears that they want to trade McNabb, their leverage will plummet. Moreover, how could McNabb come back if word gets out that the Eagles were shopping him? If McNabb wanted a "financial apology" after being benched for half of a game in 2008, he'd be looking for some eight-figure groveling if the Eagles ever were to give any credence to the possibility that he could be shipped out of time.

It's believed that the price would be at least a first-round pick. We think it will take even more.

For now, though, the Eagles will sit back and wait for the right offer. If it never comes, they'll claim he was never on the market. If it does, they'll pull the trigger and move on.

translation: i don't know anything and neither does sal pal but i want to add Mcnabb news to the daily feed for ratings.

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
      translation: i don't know anything and neither does sal pal but i want to add Mcnabb news to the daily feed for ratings.

I agree.... circle gets the square!

Comment

Working...
      X