No announcement yet.

Scary Wentz article

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think seeing how our Oline comes together could have something to do with how early we throw him in there, too.
    http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
      Sitting QB's for a year is always a good thing to do in my opinion. They need to learn to the pro game and even more so now that in college they run so much spread offense. The worst thing you can do is put in a QB who isn't ready, doesn't know his reads and he gets his head beat in.
      I'll just say that stating that the guy is going to sit for "a year or two" is a huge difference! Nobody is worth waiting 3 years before they step on a field! And then what? That's just nuts in my stupid little world. You draft a guy and put him in when he's ready, and if you can't get him ready in a year something is wrong along the way. Either the guy isn't that good or you can't coach that well.
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

As soon as we are out of playoff contention (Week 10-12) or our starter (Bradford or Daniel) gets injured, he starts.
        Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Wentz had real cruddy receivers. I mean, these guys ran 4.85's practically. They were rarely wide open. Often he had to fit balls into tight seems. Some of his waiting in the pocket is because no one was open.

Comment

For FCS receivers they weren't terrible but it goes to the point that he didn't play against great competition. That may be true but his offensive teammates weren't FBS guys either so it goes both ways.
            Polian said this morning that he went back and watched Wentz's game against Iowa St after the hype started and once he watched that game he was convinced that he was an NFL QB. So who knows. Like anyone we will see after a year or two
            Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
            Hope is not a strategy
            RIP

Comment

Working...
            X