Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is the Jacksonville supposedly unappealing???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is the Jacksonville supposedly unappealing???

I don't get it. Great weather, beautiful and smaller city, real promising QB and a team on the rise. Why wouldn't anybody want to coach there? I don't get it.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Concerns about fan base and moving the team. But I agree... it's a GREAT place to live. Had a buddy that lived there for 15 years. He loved it. Been there a dozen times. Great golf. Hot but it's Florida. Vibe in N Florida so much better than south.
    You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

[QUOTE=andrewaters;299671]Concerns about fan base and moving the team. But I agree... it's a GREAT place to live. Had a buddy that lived there for 15 years. He loved it. Been there a dozen times. Great golf. Hot but it's Florida. Vibe in N Florida so much better than south.[/QUOTE]

Do you really believe they're moving to London?

Comment

They definitely lack fan support. Florida already had 2 established NFL teams, and Jax is the red headed step child. I've gotten to go to a couple Eagle games there, and there are as manhnEagles,fans who show up as Jax fans. ,kinda sad. Love the area tho......especially south Jax, St Augustin area.
        http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

As a place to live, I think it is desirable. With the Navy bases, it is a tough place to build fan support as the guys are very transient and already have a home team. The team itself has been stuck in neutral and now there are questions about their QB situation. From a roster perspective, it looks like a great place to go with a young team that seems to have a lot of talent. As we have witnessed, you cannot win without a good QB. The question would be more around fixing Bortles or determining a best way to move on.

Comment

Don't forget:

TPC Sawgrass

And

Ruth's Chris

You know that any discussion about Jacksonville has to include some Bisons quotes

Comment

Originally posted by kyfred View Post
              As a place to live, I think it is desirable. With the Navy bases, it is a tough place to build fan support as the guys are very transient and already have a home team. The team itself has been stuck in neutral and now there are questions about their QB situation. From a roster perspective, it looks like a great place to go with a young team that seems to have a lot of talent. As we have witnessed, you cannot win without a good QB. The question would be more around fixing Bortles or determining a best way to move on.
              I think that the team is on the uptick. I know that they spent a lot on FAs last offseason and the feeling was that they would be a decent team this year. Injuries mostly derailed that I would think. I thought Bottles looked good when I saw him this year too. He really throws a great ball. I think it would be a great place to coach with a media that probably wouldn't carve you up. Plus St Augustine is just a great place to hand out!

Comment

It's gotta be better than Buffalo

Comment

Originally posted by Rossovich View Post
                  It's gotta be better than Buffalo
                  Unless you came from Siberia.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                    Unless you came from Siberia.
                    Roger is looking into the possibility of putting a dome there. Cheap land and untapped potential
                    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
                      Roger is looking into the possibility of putting a dome there. Cheap land and untapped potential
                      That was priceless!

Comment

Originally posted by Pliny View Post
                        Don't forget:

TPC Sawgrass

And

Ruth's Chris

You know that any discussion about Jacksonville has to include some Bisons quotes
                        ah a blast from the past. next thing you know there will be a 'bill from pennsauken' reference
                        Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                        Hope is not a strategy
                        RIP

Comment

I remember old Bison. He was a very different individual. If it was an act, he certainly played it well.

Comment

Working...
                          X