What's your opinion of Seumalo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rspurr View Post
    We didn't just draft two guys with our 2nd and 3rd picks but also brought in Brooks and Wiz. That is 4 new players who all played pretty well.
    Brooks was one of the highest ranked OGs in the league. He just needs to get his anxiety under control.
    I'm all for drafting a quality OL because Peters is getting up there but we have more pressing needs. Pro-football focus really breaks things down well and don't just rely on the regular stats that most people look at. The fact that we gave up the 2nd fewest pressures in the league through 11 weeks was hard to believe.
    I'm hoping we can get a quality veteran WR in FA (Garcon?) and then go Corner - Safety in rounds 1-2. You might think that we are good with Jenkins and McLeod but Jenkins plays just as much in the slot and then we were stuck with Watkins back at safety. Watkins was absolutely terrible at helping over the top. He always got there a step late.
    If they want to play Jenkins in the slot, then we need to upgrade the back end.
    The hell with Brooks' anxiety, what about ours!!!!

Spur, I take 90% of PFF with a grain of salt. No knock on you!
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
      The hell with Brooks' anxiety, what about ours!!!!

Spur, I take 90% of PFF with a grain of salt. No knock on you!
      That's understandable but they do a better job than any other website. This isn't your typical ESPN or NFL Network "analysis".
      Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

That's understandable but they do a better job than any other website. This isn't your typical ESPN or NFL Network "analysis".
        I think that when they said that Matthews on had 6 drops 2 years ago that finally did it for me.

Comment

those 6 drops might be correct, he just made critical drops and they stuck in the memory banks a bit longer
          We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
            those 6 drops might be correct, he just made critical drops and they stuck in the memory banks a bit longer
            That's a reasonable theory reasonable MM but sure wasn't the case. I remember somebody else had him at 12 and that was generous. He dropped more than 6 before his 5th game. He had a big game against Atlanta and then dropped a big 4th down pass that would have given the Eagles a first down on a game winning drive against Atlanta on about the 50 yard line with 1 minute left in the opener. He then went into a dropping frenzy that got everybody ragging on him. He kind of turned it around the second half of the season but even dropped a ridiculous TD pass against the Giants in the last game. He was closer to 20 than 6.
            Last edited by Eagle60; 01-06-2017, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Funny how people forget how much scrambling Wentz had to do to stay alive!
              "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

Originally posted by stocknowledge View Post
                I sure do remember. I thought for sure he was going to get wishboned on that Houdini escape against the Giants. We had room temperature Johnson at RT for that one too. I think they (along with other teams) need to start looking at different formations to protect the QB instead of all these rules that they put in. I think MD and I are on the same page here when he uses Max Pro and I say Pro set to take care of Wentz. With all of these exotic blitzes you can't expect the line to pick up everything. Two backs in the backfield makes sense to me. For some reason coaches would rather keep a TE in to block. I don't think that helps much when the defense is running games inside.

Comment

I know you need flexibility in linemen because of numbers. But I feel they rely too heavily sometimes on the ability to play multiple positions. At some point give me a guy who kicks ass at his position; be it guard or center.
                  Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                  Hope is not a strategy
                  RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
                    I know you need flexibility in linemen because of numbers. But I feel they rely too heavily sometimes on the ability to play multiple positions. At some point give me a guy who kicks ass at his position; be it guard or center.
                    Yup. Said the same thing earlier. Let's face it though, the injuries up front must have been some type of record this season and guys had to move around. I think that's my biggest bitch about Doug this year in that he didn't do enough to protect Carson and he was lucky to make it through the season. In the end it probably helped us develop some young guys who most likely wouldn't have played much if we stayed healthy, namely Seumola and Big V.

Comment

Originally posted by stocknowledge View Post
                      Yes I remember, however I think some of this is on the receivers not getting open, some of it is on Wentz not getting the ball out quick enough and some of it is on the o line.

Continuity in the offensive line is as important as any position on the field. The constant juggling of the line due to injuries, suspensions etc. certainly didn't help. Every team goes though injuries though I doubt many teams had to start 5 different right tackles this year.
                      Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

I know Wentz prays each night.

That Peters stays Healthy, That Johnson doesn't add powders to his corn flakes, that Brooks gets the best anxiety Doctors and they can cure him, and that Kelce puts on 30 pounds but doesn't lose his quickness, and the reserves all are HOF material. And OH yeah, that non of the OL gets ANY injuries at all next year.

Yeah it takes him about 15 minutes to go through his prayer list every night.
                        Last edited by MDFAN; 01-07-2017, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post

That Peters stays Healthy, That Johnson doesn't add powders to his corn flakes, that Barbe gets the best anxiety Doctors and they can cure him, and that Kelce puts on 30 pounds but doesn't lose his quickness, and the reserves all are HOF material. And OH yeah, that non of the OL gets ANY injuries at all next year.

God help us if Jenkins ever gets hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post

That Peters stays Healthy, That Johnson doesn't add powders to his corn flakes, that Barbe gets the best anxiety Doctors and they can cure him, and that Kelce puts on 30 pounds but doesn't lose his quickness, and the reserves all are HOF material. And OH yeah, that non of the OL gets ANY injuries at all next year.

Well he did buy them all shotguns so at least they have personal protection.

But MD, who is Barbe? If you mean Allen Barbre, the your mistaken because Brooks is the one with anxiety.
                            Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Playing behind that offensive line, and with those wide receivers, Carson should have been the one with anxiety.
                              http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Well he did buy them all shotguns so at least they have personal protection.

But MD, who is Barbe? If you mean Allen Barbre, the your mistaken because Brooks is the one with anxiety.
                                My bad, got my B's mixed up. Doesn't change the point though.

I will attempt to fix.

Comment

Working...
                                X