What's your opinion of Seumalo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FRESH View Post
    Playing behind that offensive line, and with those wide receivers, Carson should have been the one with anxiety.
    I know I did!
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
      I know I did!
      Me three.

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH View Post
        Playing behind that offensive line, and with those wide receivers, Carson should have been the one with anxiety.
        Again, our Oline is not as bad as a lot of you make it out to be. We were actually 9th in the league in sacks allowed per pass attempt. Better than Dallas.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/qb-sacked-pct

And even ranked higher in hurries allowed. And that was in spite of all the shuffling. I find it hard to believe that we will be that unfortunate again next year. But if the Eagles don't trust Lane to stay off the juice and Peters to stay healthy and Brooks to get his mind right and Kelce to get back to form, then I guess we have major problems.
        And if they decide they want to get rid of some of these guys they had better find guys that are better and that won't necessarily be easy.
        Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

I'm watching Oakland's oline and they're HUGE. WTF is it with these other teams???
          Last edited by Eagle60; 01-07-2017, 08:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rspurr View Post
            Again, our Oline is not as bad as a lot of you make it out to be. We were actually 9th in the league in sacks allowed per pass attempt. Better than Dallas.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/qb-sacked-pct

And even ranked higher in hurries allowed. And that was in spite of all the shuffling. I find it hard to believe that we will be that unfortunate again next year. But if the Eagles don't trust Lane to stay off the juice and Peters to stay healthy and Brooks to get his mind right and Kelce to get back to form, then I guess we have major problems.
            And if they decide they want to get rid of some of these guys they had better find guys that are better and that won't necessarily be easy.
            Not trying to be snarky,, but aren't you always telling us that stats don't really tell the story? My eyes tell me we aren't really much better than about 16th, middle of the roadish. I never said they had MAJOR problems only major IF's and that that is the one a Area that needs to be good not middle of the road. Just IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
              Not trying to be snarky,, but aren't you always telling us that stats don't really tell the story? My eyes tell me we aren't really much better than about 16th, middle of the roadish. I never said they had MAJOR problems only major IF's and that that is the one a Area that needs to be good not middle of the road. Just IMHO.
              To tell you the truth MD nobody gets protected anymore, it's not just us. I've been saying it all week and you have said it with your max pro calls. Ever since Joe Gibbs started that one back crap the whole league went that way and QBs started running for their lives. When you are outnumbered that's going to happen. Even when you have the right numbers your rb has to guess where the blitz is coming from or you're screwed. Either stick a fb back there or watch your QB get killed.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
                Some stats don't tell the WHOLE story but some are quite useful.
                Just trying to provide proof for my argument.

33 sacks in over 600 attempts is pretty good considering a lot of those were because Wentz couldn't find a receiver open anywhere.

Now you could discount the 33 sacks by saying that we played an easy schedule and teams that didn't have great pass rushers. Except we played the toughest schedule in terms of record and played 12 of 16 games against teams that we in the top half of the league in sacks.
                http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/t...nse/sort/sacks
                Last edited by rspurr; 01-07-2017, 09:39 PM.
                Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Some stats don't tell the WHOLE story but some are quite useful.
                  Just trying to provide proof for my argument.

33 sacks in over 600 attempts is pretty good considering a lot of those were because Wentz couldn't find a receiver open anywhere.

Now you could discount the 33 sacks by saying that we played an easy schedule and teams that didn't have great pass rushers. Except we played the toughest schedule in terms of record and played 12 of 16 games against teams that we in the top half of the league in sacks.
                  http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/t...nse/sort/sacks
                  If you lead the league in sacks that's probably a bad thing. How about leading the league in throwing the ball away or your QB doing Houdini acts? One effects the other. 700 yards for your wrs definitely tells you your wrs suck but then again so does the eye test. I really think coach's grades are the only stat that counts. PFF has a lot of stats are baloney. Give us the eye test and we can argue about it. That's a lot more fun anyway!

Comment

Sometimes its not how many sacks you give up but whenyuo give them up. We beat the Skins at home if Tobin doesnt get manhandled by Kerrigan. The Packers had been dismal in the pass rush all year until they play the Eagles. Another thing that is missing is play calling. Run the ball more and you where a defense out. Wentz was throwing more than 35 time a game. That should not be happening.

Comment

I don't know how you define it Rob. When Manning used to play for Indy he used to get sacked about 3 times a year or some ridiculous stat like that. I don't think that was the Oline being better than anyone else. Brady hardly ever gets sacked and he's 39 years old. Scrambling QBs get sacked more than anybody else because they're trying to make plays all the time. I still think the eye test is better. Sure Wentz threw a lot but so do the majority of NFL QBs. It's the nature of the game unfortunately. Your point about when they are sacked is well taken!

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                        I don't know how you define it Rob. When Manning used to play for Indy he used to get sacked about 3 times a year or some ridiculous stat like that. I don't think that was the Oline being better than anyone else. Brady hardly ever gets sacked and he's 39 years old. Scrambling QBs get sacked more than anybody else because they're trying to make plays all the time. I still think the eye test is better. Sure Wentz threw a lot but so do the majority of NFL QBs. It's the nature of the game unfortunately. Your point about when they are sacked is well taken!
                        I still have nightmares about bad Eagles o-line play:
                        Randall and Jaws getting sacked over 100 times in 1986.
                        Simeon Rice man handling Tra in the 2002 NFC Championship game.
                        Strahan getting the best of Runyan in almost every Giants game.
                        Winston Justice giving up 7 sacks to Osi and Reid giving him no help.

For the most part, I thought Doug did a really good job of play calling to help keep Carson upright. Lots of screens and short passes. Lots of play with an extra TE or extra OL in blocking. Compared to the way Reid used to call plays for McNabb, it was a refreshing change.
                        Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

I still have nightmares about bad Eagles o-line play:
                          Randall and Jaws getting sacked over 100 times in 1986.
                          Simeon Rice man handling Tra in the 2002 NFC Championship game.
                          Strahan getting the best of Runyan in almost every Giants game.
                          Winston Justice giving up 7 sacks to Osi and Reid giving him no help.

For the most part, I thought Doug did a really good job of play calling to help keep Carson upright. Lots of screens and short passes. Lots of play with an extra TE or extra OL in blocking. Compared to the way Reid used to call plays for McNabb, it was a refreshing change.
                          I know that I've been harping on this but I would much prefer a FB than an extra TE in the game. What good is a TE when the defense stunts? For the life of me I can't see why coaches don't see this. They are so afraid to go against the book.

Comment

I think a FB could do a lot for this offense. Andy use to have one who could do everything (Jon Ritchie, Leonard Weaver, Kevin Turner) Not sure why we dont add one.

Comment

Working...
                            X