No announcement yet.

Weekend Warriors Playoff Picks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a greater than 500 policy on extended warranties.

Agreed...if this TV quits in 3 years that's too bad but I will get another one.
    You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

TV's are fine and don't bother. Buy it at Costco and they basically give you the warranty anyway. Appliances you do need a warranty now because they're junk. The repair costs as much as a new one and my repairman told me the life expectancy is 4 years these days. It gets worse as the repairman is in on the deal and gets a cut. I had a compressor go on my washing machine and the guy who came to the house quoted me a price of $599 to fix it. What kind of repairman quotes you a retail price like that?
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
        I've seen it called twice in 5 years or so. Guess who? Both those calls were BS.
        I know in College it is where the ball is caught that makes the difference, behind the LOS then no call. Don't know if Pro rules are the same.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
          I know in College it is where the ball is caught that makes the difference, behind the LOS then no call. Don't know if Pro rules are the same.
          The college rule makes sense to me. In the pros it doesn't matter where the ball is caught. Both penalties on DGB were on balls caught behind the line.

I don't know if any of you saw the play last night but it was at about the Lions 20 in the 4th quarter. It was worse than what DBG did.
          Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

I don't know why college teams don't run screens every other play with that stupid rule. That play put Drew Bees in the pros when he was at Purdue. They'd split two wide outs and throw it to the slot and the other guy crossed blocked. Everybody played zone against them so they couldn't stop it. If teams went man to man to stop it Brees ate that up. Allowing lineman to be downfield is a huge advantage and that's why the NFL doesn't allow it.

Comment

Originally posted by rspurr View Post
              The college rule makes sense to me. In the pros it doesn't matter where the ball is caught. Both penalties on DGB were on balls caught behind the line.

I don't know if any of you saw the play last night but it was at about the Lions 20 in the 4th quarter. It was worse than what DBG did.
              That's just poor design by Doug in my book.

Comment

Sorry, Didn't watch at all. Sour grapes on my part I guess.

Comment

Coming in everybody said Seattle had lousy receivers. I don't know what these experts are watching all season. There were four lights out catches by different receivers and two were next to impossible. I suppose we can say that Matthews is legit but I've never seen him do anything to wow me. Agholor has had a couple and one in an exhibition game a decade ago and we all know what has happened since. It's almost impossible to miss like this consistently. All these guys that we see aren't high draft picks. I think Douglas will find some fighters for us, that is if HIS assistants are any good. It takes a whole system. Ours was totally blown up last year and I guess that we were lucky to get what we could squeeze out. Howie said that "we" needed a shake up like this and let's hope that he is true to his word and let the right guys do their job.

Comment

Matthews still hasn't learned how to drag his toe to get two feet down.
                    Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Originally posted by rspurr View Post
                      Matthews still hasn't learned how to drag his toe to get two feet down.
                      Or catch it consistanly. He can play in this league but really that's it. He's and NFL receiver, probably a 3 on a good team.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                        Or catch it consistanly. He can play in this league but really that's it. He's and NFL receiver, probably a 3 on a good team.
                        I think Matthews is the only receiver we have you can say would make another NFL roster.

Comment

Working...
                        X