Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We fianally got to the bottom ofthe Mike Flynn deal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We fianally got to the bottom ofthe Mike Flynn deal.

Thank God Donald cleared things up today in his presser with BB Netanyahu and we now know who to blame . It turns out that Mike Flynn is just a "wonderful man who was treated very, very unfairly by the media".

Yes, I know that Mr Mike did have some silly old discussions about Russian sanctions with the Russian ambassador in violation of the Logan Act before Trump was inaugurated and the same day that Obama expelled 35 Russian officials. And then Flynn at first denied talking with the Ambassador, and then admitted he'd talked with him but couldn't remember for sure what they had discussed.

And a week or so ago Flynn told VP Pence he had not discussed sanctions and then Pence went out on nationwide TV and vouched for him. Now the Donald and other administration officials had known the truth for 2 weeks prior to Pence's vouching for Flynn but apparently didn't think it was important to inform the VP. I guess it was a "need to know' kind of thing or maybe it was a little presidential ball busting.

Now I know that first Kellyanne Conway said Flynn had volunteered his resignation to Trump and then Sean Spicer subsequently said the Prez had directed Flynn to resign. But all that was just cover.

We now know that the fake media fired Mike Flynn. The dirty bastards!

I am now more confused than ever.

Gotta keep it simple for me.

Flynn bad.

Flynn gone.

We have a leaky intelligence dept.

Kelly Ann Conway is ugly.

We don't need Russia to sabotage us. We are perfectly willing to do it to ourselves. This country is a mess.

Basics covered!
    Last edited by FRESH; 02-16-2017, 06:20 AM.
    http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

You know what I am convinced of now guys.

When The USSR and the US were in the Cold War the money flowed into intelligence on both sides. When the Soviets fell the hardliners in the Soviet Gov weren't ready to let go and have ginned up controversy and angst ever since... Putin being one of the hardliners who now runs the country.

But what if there are lifers in our intelligence community too? Who benefit from Russia being placed on its old pedestal. I'm not saying Russia isn't a threat, but aren't they less of a threat then Iran, China, and North Korea at this point?

I think there is some perpetuating the broken intelligence system going on here on both sides. Flynn probably overstepped but who in the intel community thinks it's ok to out him by revealing information directly from surveillance to the media?

No one's hands are clean here but if the dark side of the intelligence community is going to start controlling the entirety of foreign policy by leaking information it appears fuels a narrative then that is the most dangerous. Remember, faulty intelligence got us into Iraq and failed us on 9/11.

Just saying... maybe DJT and his team need to retire some long timers and get some folks in place that weren't there in the 1970s.
      You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Abid, Imran, and Jamal Awan. That is the kind of problem we should Really be concerned about.

Not sexy enough?
        http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

fresh why you bustin on the Irish Catholic girl from Jersey? She has a tough job and it is wearing on her a little.
          Don't ever believe the Russian hardliners don't want the US to be reduced to a third world country. They have poked and prodded and stabbed since 9/11 for weakness and being bogged down in Iraq and Afghanistan helped their cause. Don't look at what is happening at intel look at cyberwarfare, how may times they have buzzed ships in international waters and, while they have been doing it for years, they have become bold enough to come within 50 miles of our coast. They didn't given refuge to the WikiLeaks guy because they like Americans. Donald likes to say Chinese et al were smarter than US in trade deals but he may want to make sure he isn't dealing with someone smarter than him in Putin.
          Russia is partnering with, and controlling, countries such as Iran, Syria, Venezuela, etc to undermine the US. Russia is not less IMO of a threat than those other countries. I won't be surprised to find they are fueling discontent in Africa and SWA.
          The intel community may have some old timers trying to keep their jobs but there are plenty of threats in the world without making stuff up about Russia.
          As for leaks, they are absolutely a problem. Have been for DECADES in Washington. But seems like some were thrilled with leaks last year. Is Snowden a traitor or just an honest hardworking whistleblower? But let us not distort that Flynn was asked to resign for the same reason he was let go during the Obama administration....he isn't honest. He was in above his head.
          Trump likes to play the woe is me card. Oh its the media, oh its the leaks, oh its anybody but me. But Trump wants the media like a crack whore wants drugs. He needs them every day. He wants them every day. But then he tells those he loves that the drug is causing all his problems.
          People poo poo the election as if some just won't move on but this country is far more deeply divided than that. The election showed that deep divide. People want change so it doesn't matter if we elect a knucklehead--just like they did with Jesse Ventura. But this is more serious than gov of MN. We may have elected Jimmy Carter.
          Let us hope it gets better.
          Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
          Hope is not a strategy
          RIP

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH View Post

Kelly Ann Conway is ugly.

Basics covered!
            Kellyanne with makeup in place...

Kellyanne without makeup when you awaken next to her in the morning...

Comment

Originally posted by tinopuno View Post
              Kellyanne with makeup in place...

Kellyanne without makeup when you awaken next to her in the morning...

I certainly see the resemblance, tino. She does upgrade some when she puts her choppers in.

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
                fresh why you bustin on the Irish Catholic girl from Jersey? She has a tough job and it is wearing on her a little.
                Don't ever believe the Russian hardliners don't want the US to be reduced to a third world country. They have poked and prodded and stabbed since 9/11 for weakness and being bogged down in Iraq and Afghanistan helped their cause. Don't look at what is happening at intel look at cyberwarfare, how may times they have buzzed ships in international waters and, while they have been doing it for years, they have become bold enough to come within 50 miles of our coast. They didn't given refuge to the WikiLeaks guy because they like Americans. Donald likes to say Chinese et al were smarter than US in trade deals but he may want to make sure he isn't dealing with someone smarter than him in Putin.
                Russia is partnering with, and controlling, countries such as Iran, Syria, Venezuela, etc to undermine the US. Russia is not less IMO of a threat than those other countries. I won't be surprised to find they are fueling discontent in Africa and SWA.
                The intel community may have some old timers trying to keep their jobs but there are plenty of threats in the world without making stuff up about Russia.
                As for leaks, they are absolutely a problem. Have been for DECADES in Washington. But seems like some were thrilled with leaks last year. Is Snowden a traitor or just an honest hardworking whistleblower? But let us not distort that Flynn was asked to resign for the same reason he was let go during the Obama administration....he isn't honest. He was in above his head.
                Trump likes to play the woe is me card. Oh its the media, oh its the leaks, oh its anybody but me. But Trump wants the media like a crack whore wants drugs. He needs them every day. He wants them every day. But then he tells those he loves that the drug is causing all his problems.
                People poo poo the election as if some just won't move on but this country is far more deeply divided than that. The election showed that deep divide. People want change so it doesn't matter if we elect a knucklehead--just like they did with Jesse Ventura. But this is more serious than gov of MN. We may have elected Jimmy Carter.
                Let us hope it gets better.

Well, we knew what we were going to get with Hillary, and we knew it was bad. Can't hate on people for trying to retain just a LITTLE hope. In the election, the unknown won over the known.

Don't know how this is going to go, but I like some of Trumps choices. I like his SCOTUS pick, and I like Maddis. Tilllerson and Sessions might be OK as well.

Our international relationships need mending, jobs need creating, security needs improving, but meanwhile Trump is gong to have to patch together Obamacare long enough to keep the insurance companies from bailing on the system so that patients don't lose their care. This country s in a bad bad state in so many ways currently, ....and what is not said is, this is how Trump inherited it. He alone is certainly not smart enough to pull it all together, but hopefully if he puts together a strong enough staff, we can achieve a positive direction again.

He needs to be Bill Bellichek. He needs to put the team together, help design the plan, and then put the players on the field to execute while he sits stoic on the sideline. Think that's likely to happen?????

Comment

People need to relax........... We do the same thing to Russia that they do to us. Right now they are just doing it better and that is on us.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
                    People need to relax........... We do the same thing to Russia that they do to us. Right now they are just doing it better and that is on us.
                    OMG thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! There's a reason the rest of the world hates us fellas. We've been at war since I've been born. Now we're even starting them. Our CIA knocks off as many guys as the Russians do except are guys are "right". I actually heard that yesterday when I brought it up. Unreal. We're a nation built on Imperialism and have businesses all over the planet. Russia has missiles pointed at them from just about every point on the planet and you wonder why they might not trust us? I'm not saying Putin isn't a bastard, but on the bastard list he's not as high up as a lot of people have been since I've been born. How bad can a guy be who ripped off a Patriot SB ring be?

The biggest joke of all is that Obama the Great can talk to Iran but we can't talk to Russia. Wow, I can't even respond to that one.
                    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

You're right we do and you're right they are doing it better----that might be the problem. But the problem is they aren't even trying to hide it. They are getting bolder and they are testing the US resolve. Have been for a number of years.
                      Also I don't recall the US invading and annexing parts of Mexico or Canada as Russia has with the Crimea. Lately anyway.
                      Not saying they are invading anytime soon but Russia is no friend of the US. There is nothing wrong with the Trump administration talking to Russia. Talking to Russia has to happen on a daily basis. The problem was HE WASN"T THE PRESIDENT when his people were talking to them.
                      Hope is not a strategy
                      RIP

Comment

Do we really know that he was talking to Russia? Maybe he did but I really fail to see how that amounts to anything. What is so bad about that? I understand candidates talk to foreign leaders all the time. Spying on the democratic party. Oh the humanity! What the heck does that mean anyway? Did they know who Hilary's dressmaker was? If the CIA doesn't come forward with what actually happened then don't waste our time IMO. And does anybody really believe that Russia is now picking our Presidents?

Gorbeshov never trusted Regan and the United States until he visited here. Then all of a sudden both countries started to disarm.. Maybe something good will come out of better relations with them. I realize that Crimea is a mess, but there are always two sides to the story there too as the people there actually want to be a part of Russia again. Even 60 Minutes did a report there and broke that story and they are twice as liberal as CNN. Now I'm not dumb enough to think that Russia is in there to actually give those people freedom. They really are interested in getting the port back for trade. So are we getting ourselves into another Civil War there too? I don't know. This is all very complicated stuff. We teamed up with STALIN in WW2. He was worse than Hitler. He used to go into towns and kill anybody who could read because he wanted to keep them stupid and took just about everything they owned so the aristocracy could live like kings. People were mere slaves. I don't know. Somehow we have to figure out this crap without imposing our will on everybody.

Comment

I believe good can come out of communicating with Russia. Hell I was in the military and people didn't like the START treaty and didn't believe you could actually have trust but verify. Thought the Russians would cheat regularly. I was on a team in the 80s that hosted Russians who came into North Dakota and looked at the missile silos and they were held to the letter of the law on what they could look at and we shielded a whole lotta stuff that they couldn't see because it wasn't part of the treaty. Russians did the same to our guys. But the bottom line is it worked because we held their feet to it. Reagan wasn't their friend but he worked with them.
                          Trump's crew wasn't in office (as opposed to Reagan et al) and Flynn wasn't authorized to talk about that stuff to Russia-- pretty common knowledge now that he did so. I think that happens but I think the pres is the pres until the other guy takes the oath. I don't think you can operate differently. But it happens and I realize it. As with most Flynn's problem was lying about it.
                          Hope is not a strategy
                          RIP

Comment

As for imposing our will I agree and have said so a long time ago on here. I'd be much happier if we didn't try to change the rest of the world. What the hell do I care if a particular people want to have a dictator. But make no mistake we aren't in Japan or Germany or any other country because they love us. They want us there because they love our money and our protection. In our view we are there so that we can have influence on their decision making and to prevent others (Russia, China) from influencing them.
                            Hope is not a strategy
                            RIP

Comment

Heck I remember when Europe was busting our stones to get the missiles out of there claiming that we were making them targets and that they didn't believe in war anymore LOL! They still have their heads screwed up with their liberal ways and letting anybody just come on in. Well it's backfiring now and they don't know how to handle things. Only 10% of the Muslim population are in those 7 countries that Trump banned yet everyone is up in arms about it. Regan was "the great communicator" and even Democrats liked him. Heck even Massachusetts voted for him his second term! If Trump could just explain himself instead of going off in different directions I think things wouldn't get as stirred up as they are. But let's face it, he loves it. That sounds like Owens doesn't it?

Comment

Working...
                              X