No announcement yet.

If you have a brain in your head this is getting even more comical by the day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snowden, Manning and the current leaks---- yes all Treason IMM.

DNC, Podesta... not treason, but the leaks show how vulnerable we are.

These leaks should NOT, NEVER, EVER be happening.
    This isn't the revolutionary war era or circumstances.

Comment

That is interesting to me. First I should say that, on the whole, I agree with you. Whether treason or a crime is just a matter of the details. But I would also say In could understand an argument that governments have a way of 'hiding behind' secrets. The old -- can't tell you that it is a secret-- while taking away liberties. That is why I am a believer in the courts and having a court that the gov must go to if they want a warrant. Most gov agencies would love to push through what they want without having to fight the details. Most presidents would also for that matter. But anyone wanting to step forward needs to do so IMM and not hide in Russia ala Snowden. Military people giving away military secrets is completely different IMM and should be dealt with swiftly in one manner. These people are giving secrets that get their peers killed.
      I think the Podesta wikileak stuff does show how vulnerable systems are and bordered on Watergate in the effort to influence the electoral process. That is very dangerous.
      Donald Trump touting how much he likes WikiLeaks is not a good thing and shows an inability to see such dangers.
      I guess I see the subject as far ranging rather than black and white while always having to side with protecting the interest of the US before anything else.
      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
      Hope is not a strategy
      RIP

Comment

Let me be clear--- DNC and Podesta and even Flynn to some extent while not treasonous (IMM) are still crimes (felonies) based on the laws we have on the books today.

And I also agree that Governments walk a very fine line between safeguarding national security issues and exposing some illegal or unsavory behavior. And I think like you (I think you agree) I believe in error on the side of national security based on the climate and the technological advances that the world has made.

I also agree that Trump was an idiot to "praise" Wikileaks -- BUT---I think many/we/us are are still missing the point --- Wikileaks didn't "HACK" anybody, they don't steal information----- others do it and then supply Wikileaks. Wikileaks would not exist IF somebody wasn't supplying them.

I do have a question though-- maybe it's dumb.... But... why don't we EVER hear about Wikileaks exposing some Russian, or Chinese or Korean secrets????

Comment

Hard to say MD. I'm sure they have their leaks although I am just as sure that they don't have near as many. My guess would be that a found leaker would be killed. Good deterrent in some minds.
          Also I will say that as much as we think highly of ourselves America is not a well liked country or people. Kind of like people that don't have money don't like people who do have money but they want to be one of the people with money. Many don't like America but would give their left nut to come to America while others just think America, and Americans, to be arrogant. I think there is definitely a tinge of that in WikiLeaks. They want to knock us down a little. Personally I would be much happier if we let people live with whoever rules them and if they want to overthrow their leaders then let them do it. Unfortunately we (our gov) has decided on a number of occasions to meddle in other countries just like some are doing to us now.
          Finally, on a side note I heard just a blurb that Flynn has retroactively registered as a foreign agent. I gotta look into it a little more but Holy Hell why in the world can't this country (spelled gov) not function without this kind of crap
          Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
          Hope is not a strategy
          RIP

Comment

Ahh, but there is the rub IMO Nodak, these leaks aren't coming from "wanna be" Americans or jealous foreigners..... these leaks come from people who have taken oaths and signed disclaimer paperwork ---- right here in America.

Wikileaks would not exist without those people, IMM.

As for other governments..... just imho now.... most have been raised with the understanding that they can not and will not do these sorts of thing-- and you are right -- the consequences very much happen to extremes and without a lot of "due process".

Somehow our society has gotten way to much PC'ness that enables people to betray these oaths and documents. I don't think in Russia or China there is much PC'ness happening.

Comment

What the heck is a foreign agent ND?

This really clears things up LOL!!

Foreign agent

A foreign agent is anyone who actively carries out the interests of a foreign country while located in another host country, generally outside the protections offered to those working in their official capacity for a diplomatic mission. Foreign agents may be citizens of the host country. The term has broad application but, in contemporary English, has a generally pejorative connotation.
              "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
              X