Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mexican Wall-It's on their southern border!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mexican Wall-It's on their southern border!!

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=...rder&FORM=IGRE

It turns out this is just another internet hoax. Sorry but I can't delete it.
    Last edited by Eagle60; 03-22-2017, 08:28 AM.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

I've seen that before but I also read it is not accurate. I agree we get to pick who we let in though and can stop being the world' pressure release valve... especially Mexico.
    You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Turns out it's not true

I thought that I had researched it pretty good until I came across this.

https://www.quora.com/Does-Mexico-ha...outhern-border

Comment

The inter web. It is a finicky bitch.
        You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
          I've seen that before but I also read it is not accurate. I agree we get to pick who we let in though and can stop being the world' pressure release valve... especially Mexico.

That is the issue, for me, in a nutshell.

We have a right, hell IMM a duty, to decide WHO WE want to enter enter and stay in this country. This is not Berlin!

We have immigration LAWS-- simply follow them OR change them. But IMM people, Cities, Counties, and States don't get to choose which laws they follow or refuse to follow.

Where is it written that the USA is supposed to be the world's garbage bowl instead of the mixing bowl. We have a right to know who we are letting in, and decide by OUR standards if they have a right to.

I used to be a very middle of the road sorta guy.... but this liberal agenda and PC'ness has sort of driven me further to the right. We shouldn't have to be driven so far apart, we should be having some middle ground but IMM I find that the Liberal Left refuses to compromise... it seems it is their way or the highway and they can not believe that they are EVER wrong, and that you must be a flaming " IST" (Racist, ETC) if you do not agree with them.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
            That is the issue, for me, in a nutshell.

We have a right, hell IMM a duty, to decide WHO WE want to enter enter and stay in this country. This is not Berlin!

We have immigration LAWS-- simply follow them OR change them. But IMM people, Cities, Counties, and States don't get to choose which laws they follow or refuse to follow.

Where is it written that the USA is supposed to be the world's garbage bowl instead of the mixing bowl. We have a right to know who we are letting in, and decide by OUR standards if they have a right to.

I used to be a very middle of the road sorta guy.... but this liberal agenda and PC'ness has sort of driven me further to the right. We shouldn't have to be driven so far apart, we should be having some middle ground but IMM I find that the Liberal Left refuses to compromise... it seems it is their way or the highway and they can not believe that they are EVER wrong, and that you must be a flaming " IST" (Racist, ETC) if you do not agree with them.

The older I get the farther right I go. I thought we were supposed to mellow as we got older?

Comment

Md I can't disagree--completely anyway. But we don't need a wall (that chucklehead kept telling people Mexico would pay for) we need to enforce the laws that are on the books. THAT is the biggest problem in damn near every endeavor. We have a million welfare laws IF ONLY they would be enforced. So why do we keep making more. We have a million driving laws IF ONLY they would be enforced. Why make more. We have a million immigration laws IF ONLY they would be enforced. Why more. etc etc etc.
              Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
              Hope is not a strategy
              RIP

Comment

My solution wouldn't be so humane but it would work. I'd put two fences up about 100 yards apart on our boarder and patrol the area in between with drones. Anything in that area would be zapped. Armadillos, scorpions, humans, mules, anything!! Why not, we put high voltage areas around our top secret military sites don't we? Mark it well and there are no excuses. If you happen to be out in the middle of some dessert in the middle of the night and decide to hop a fence-Oh well. Been there, shouldn't have done that.

Comment

Not gonna get into the whole fence gig 60 but, as someone who spent lots and lots of years in charge of security in many places I dealt with a lot of fences-- around bases, around confinement facilities, around nuclear storage areas, around airplanes, around everything. If you ain't there watching it 24/7 it isn't worth a crap. It keeps honest people out and is a speed bump for others. It is far more psychological than anything
                  Hope is not a strategy
                  RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
                    Md I can't disagree--completely anyway. But we don't need a wall (that chucklehead kept telling people Mexico would pay for) we need to enforce the laws that are on the books. THAT is the biggest problem in damn near every endeavor. We have a million welfare laws IF ONLY they would be enforced. So why do we keep making more. We have a million driving laws IF ONLY they would be enforced. Why make more. We have a million immigration laws IF ONLY they would be enforced. Why more. etc etc etc.
                    We do agree No Dak, but IMM the fence/wall is a focus, a physical symbol of our rebirth in upholding those laws. It's in some ways a deterrent, no matter how small, in making the border patrols job a bit easier.

As far as paying for I have no doubt that Mexico will in fact pay for it, in lost jobs, and list taxes from American companies and in other ways. We may foot the actual construction cost, we will recoup that cost 10 fold down the road.

BTW....... I also agree that new laws are stupid if you're not going to enforce the ones you already have.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                      [/B]

The older I get the farther right I go. I thought we were supposed to mellow as we got older?
                      Mellow has to do with your kids not pissing you off...... Not left or right politics!

Comment

Mellow has to do with your kids not pissing you off...... Not left or right politics!
                        The idiot Liberals drove me out of the Democratic party years ago and the Republican right is so selfish it's just revolting to me. I watch this stuff constantly yet I really hate it so if you really asked me what I am I'd just answer---NUTS!

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                          The idiot Liberals drove me out of the Democratic party years ago and the Republican right is so selfish it's just revolting to me. I watch this stuff constantly yet I really hate it so if you really asked me what I am I'd just answer---NUTS!
                          It's why I am a registered independent--- Dems and Repubs generally piss me off!

Do you know when any politician is lying? As long as they are breathing.

Comment

It's why I am a registered independent--- Dems and Repubs generally piss me off!

Do you know when any politician is lying? As long as they are breathing.
                            I'm a registered Independent as well and I feel exactly the way you do.

Comment

We need FAR more independents. MD- a side note on walls/fences. In the 50s the Air Force put all its bases right on highways and put their alert bombers right on the part of the base that the highway passed by. This was done as a psychological tactic to calm the fears of the nation. People drove past and saw the bombers sitting there and felt safe and secure from communism. All was well until the late 70s/80s when terrorism started to take hold. Then the great concern was someone sitting right off the highway and shooting an RPG or some other munition into the airplanes. So walls were built to shield the view of the planes from the highways.
                              Bottom line--you just can't make this **** up. We spend money just so we can spend money to make it different.
                              Hope is not a strategy
                              RIP

Comment

Working...
                              X