X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birds tried to keep Treggs

Bryce Treggs jumps at opportunity afforded by Browns

Posted on October 4, 2017 at 5:21 PM
    Will Bryce Treggs help Browns at wide receiver?

By Dan Labbe, cleveland.com [email protected]
    BEREA, Ohio -- Bryce Treggs got in Tuesday night at 11 p.m. The Browns had signed him off the Eagles practice squad and he decided, after giving Philadelphia a chance to match the offer, to come to Cleveland.

"Philly agreed to match (Cleveland's offer)," Treggs said, "but at the end of the day, I wanted to get on the field. I want to play."

Playing was the catch. The Eagles weren't willing to elevate Treggs to their active roster, just match the minimum salary the Browns are required to pay him by signing him off another team's practice squad.

Treggs has a connection to head coach Hue Jackson. He recruited his dad, Brian, out of high school and the younger Treggs had a chance to meet Jackson at Cal's pro day when he caught passes for quarterback Jared Goff.

Jackson sold Treggs on coming to Cleveland with the promise of utilizing the things he does well.

"He has top-end speed. He has suddenness. He has quickness," Jackson said. "I have always known that about him. I really like him."

"He just said, everything that I've seen on tape, we're going to put that to use," Treggs said. "We're going to put your skill set to use. We're going to give you a chance to make plays for us. That's all I wanted as a football player. The money is great. But that's not really why I play. I want to be out there making plays in front of people and helping a team win games."
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

I am relieved that Treggs left. Yeah, he is pretty fast. But, there was nothing else impressive about him. There is nobody on our roster currently that I would replace him with.

Comment

Originally posted by Pliny View Post
      I am relieved that Treggs left. Yeah, he is pretty fast. But, there was nothing else impressive about him. There is nobody on our roster currently that I would replace him with.
      I wonder what the heck Gibson is doing these days?
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

He was a one trick pony.
        You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by Pliny View Post
          I agree, he made last years roster and couldn't make this years. That says a lot about 1 years improvement
          We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Good news is Bryce made a couple catches today for 28 yards. Bad news? He got lost on the way to the locker room! Pure genius!
            Russian reporters to Bobby Clarke: Can you imagine hockey without fights?
            Robert Earle Clarke's response: Can you imagine vodka without alcohol?

Comment

Working...
            X