Doug and leadership

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doug and leadership

Please don't get me wrong but Doug is really benefitting from a ton of leadership from the players on this team. They really seem to be self motivated. There is not one real leader (well maybe Wentz, Jenkins and JP) but the whole team really buys in. We don't have any renegades.

Doug is a player's coach and is probably perfect for this bunch. He is also an excellent OC (He and Reich seem to be a perfect fit). I love his different game plans every week. His biggest strength may have been picking his assistants though. Groh has been invaluable and Lurie stepping in to keep DeFilippo turned out to be a huge move too. I'm not sure who brought Schwartz in but the defense is vastly improved even from last year.

Philly will be out of control if we win Thursday!
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
    Please don't get me wrong but Doug is really benefitting from a ton of leadership from the players on this team. They really seem to be self motivated. There is not one real leader (well maybe Wentz, Jenkins and JP) but the whole team really buys in. We don't have any renegades.

Doug is a player's coach and is probably perfect for this bunch. He is also an excellent OC (He and Reich seem to be a perfect fit). I love his different game plans every week. His biggest strength may have been picking his assistants though. Groh has been invaluable and Lurie stepping in to keep DeFilippo turned out to be a huge move too. I'm not sure who brought Schwartz in but the defense is vastly improved even from last year.
    Groh is absolutley the man- just look at what he's been able to do with Agholor. Granted, Agholor worked his ass off in the off-season and it shows but I think Groh has been able to help him with his mental game.

With the defense, you've got a group who is all one year older in this system. I shudder to think what this defense will look like when Cox is back and the secondary has its full complement of DBs.

I still see Jernigan as the free agent signing of the off-season. He and Long have been able to roll right into the defensive rotation. You can see late in games that our defensive pass rushers are still attacking when other teams are sucking wind!!

I think it is absolutely invaluable to have two ex-NFL QBs working with our franchise QB- Doug and Frank are dialing up some serious play calling that I think gets better as the game goes on. Reich had the ability at Maryland and Buffalo and he's trying to teach Carson how to do that.

Comment

I wonder if Aggy is benefitting from having a real WR coach AND 2 veteran WRs and a QB with an extra year of experience.. All he had was Greg Lewis and Matthews to lean on last season and a shitload of expectations. The change to the slot allows him to be athletic and IMO he is kinda looking like what we expect from Jeffery. Hell they need to change numbers cuz I have a helluva time figuring out who is who until they get up off the ground. I don't want to take anything from Groh, because IMO Doug has taken a page from the AR handbook and surrounded himself with some talented people.
      We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
        I wonder if Aggy is benefitting from having a real WR coach AND 2 veteran WRs and a QB with an extra year of experience.. All he had was Greg Lewis and Matthews to lean on last season and a shitload of expectations. The change to the slot allows him to be athletic and IMO he is kinda looking like what we expect from Jeffery. Hell they need to change numbers cuz I have a helluva time figuring out who is who until they get up off the ground. I don't want to take anything from Groh, because IMO Doug has taken a page from the AR handbook and surrounded himself with some talented people.
        Totally agree that having upgraded WR talent around him helps, I just think a big difference is that last year, he couldn't catch a cold and this year he has catches like a 40 yard finger tip grab and then jukes the DB out of his friggin jock.

I also liked the tribute to DJax

Comment

Working...
        X