Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some of you guys are dreaming............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some of you guys are dreaming............

If you think DJ is going to sign a $50million contract:

DeSean Jackson Reacts To Fitzgerald’s Record Contract
    Posted by GarryCobbBREAKING NEWS, Eagles, News, Wide ReceiversSunday, August 21st, 2011

How do you think Eagles wide receiver DeSean Jackson feels about Larry Fitzgerald gets a eight-year deal for $120 million with $50 million dollars of guaranteed. I know Fitzgerald might be the best wide receiver in football and I know that the NFL is a passing league, but

Jackson couldn’t help but say something about Fitzgerald getting a boat load of money: “Congrats to my Big bro LarryFitzgerald!! Well deserved.. Wideouts ballin!!”

DeSean knows he isn’t going to get a deal in Fitzgerald’s ball park, but he has been on the same Pro Bowl team with him, the last couple of years. Say what you will about Jackson’s limitations, they’re both Pro Bowlers and he has to benefit from the money that Fitzgerald got.

That was an eye-popping contract for a wide receiver. In fact it’s a franchise quarterback’s contract. The deal averages about $15 million dollars per year. That moves the ball up higher.

I could hear Drew Rosenhaus telling Joe Banner or Howie Roseman, Jackson is surely worth at least three-quarters of what Fitzgerald is worth.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

DJ should get a contract comparable to Santonio Holmes. He is not even in the same zip code as a WR compared to Fitz.

If he is looking for three-quarters of what Fitz got I would wave him good bye. No way is he worth close to that. He puts up great numbers against piss poor teams and vanishes during the playoffs.
    FRESH > cancer

I hate everything the Cowboys stand for. If you think they are America's team, then you support everything that is wrong with America. The excess, the greed, the lack of maturity, the lack of responsibility, the lack of control. - Luzinski's Gut

Comment

I think he deserves about $8-8.5/year so I'd expect him to get somewhere in the 5 year/$40-43 range. If he thinks he's coming in higher than that or even close to 3/4 of Fitz money which is over to $11 M/year, he's nuts.
      Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
      Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Yea, DJ needs to realize that he is not in the same category as Fitz,(which can be said about pretty much every other WR in this game as well) It's not a slight, the guy is a rare, rare talent. DJ is a less dynamic , well rounded player. He is GREAT at what he does, and he can change games. But his overall production and value to a team is not going to compare to Fitz, and he is not nearly as likely to be AS productive for as long of a career as Fitz. Sorry, but Desean's game is speed, and that will drop off, along with him likely spending a lot of time on the trainer's table.(Or on the MRI machine)

You're half his size, Desean...shoot for half his money.
        http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH View Post
          You're half his size, Desean...shoot for half his money.

Although he's half his size, he has twice the ego.
          Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
          Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

base pay of about 7 per year for six years. and a bunch of incentives tied to playing time and performance that put himat fitz money level. if he doesnt take it. let him walk
            You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

D Jax is an extremely interesting case. There is not a better home run threat in football than D Jax right now, however, it has been shown by teams that can be taken away by being double covered deep? He is not the type of reciever who can grind out the yards like say a Fitzgerald when the deep route is taken away.

My guess is D Jax will not resign here because Rosenslum will want him to get a huge huge contract and reality is he is not in the upper echelon of overall recievers. I think he is in that 5 yr 50 million
              Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

I'd be OK with a 5 year deal max. My biggest fear with DJax is his size and losing a step. If he slows down a little, I don't think he is anywhere near as synamic. Fast - yes, but there are a lot of small fast guys. We were all talking about Smith being Maclin's replacement. What if he is DJax replcement for next year?

Comment

kyfred, I was just about to post that very thought. Steve Smith is very possibly DJ insurance going forward.
                  http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

IF DJ gets half of Fitz's money, I think that's fair. $60M with $25 guaranteed? Sign that.

Comment

Working...
                    X