Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roethlisberger injured in motorcycle accident..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roethlisberger injured in motorcycle accident..

from pft..
    ROETHLISBERGER WRECKS

The Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reports that Steelers quarterback Ben Roetlisberger has been injured in a motorcycle accident near the 10th Street Bridge in Pittsburgh.

(As of 12:10 p.m. EDT, the Tribune-Review's web site had crashed, apparently due to the enormous spike in traffic.)

The accident occurred at 11:37 a.m. He was not wearing a helmet.

Per WTAE-TV, Roethlisberger has been taken to the trauma unit at Mercy Hospital in Pittsburgh. There are no specifics as to his condition.

A witness to the aftermath of the accident told WTAE at 12:11 p.m. that Roethlisberger was alert and talking to paramedics, but there was "blood everywhere." The witness also said that Roethlisberger was wearing a neck collar. As of 12:17 p.m., neither the Mercy Hospital officials nor the team would divulge any details.

Another witness told WTAE that Roethlisberger "T-boned" a vehicle, struck the windshield, rolled onto the ground and struck his head on the pavement. His eyes were open but he was very confused. He said that he was "okay" and tried to get up.

Still, one veteran police officer told a WTAE reporter that the accident was "pretty bad."

Roethlisberger was criticized in 2005 for not wearing a helmet, which was revealed after Browns tight end Kellen Winslow wrecked his crotch rocket and suffered a torn ACL and internal injuries.

Said Roethlisberger at the time: "I'm pretty conservative and laid back. I'll just continue to be careful. [W]e always ride in a group of people, and I think it makes it even more safe."

There's no indication that Roethlisberger was riding in a group on Monday morning.

Stay tuned.

Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
    Playoff Appearances:
    NFC Title Games:
    Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

He and Drew Bledsoe don't wear helments when riding. On Fox, they showed Bledsoe with his kid on his bike... just stupid.

And Ben's accident was in the city I believe. Riding in the city without a helmet.. wow... hope he's ok but that's just DUMB.

Comment

These guys are so dumb. Riding a motorcycle without a helmet is probably more dangerous than playing football without a helmet.

Comment

Originally posted by statler
          These guys are so dumb. Riding a motorcycle without a helmet is probably more dangerous than playing football without a helmet.
          Absolutely. I think stats show that 99% of motorcyle riders drop their bikes at some point.

Comment

Dropping a bike won't injure your head in most cases, especially at low speeds which is where 95% of motorcycle drops happen.

However, riding in even a fucking parking lot or residental street without a helmet is dumb. People who insist on this "freedom" reap what they sow. I put my helmet on even if I'm moving the bike across the street to a new parking spot.

Comment

Originally posted by 2nd and Arch
              Dropping a bike won't injure your head in most cases, especially at low speeds which is where 95% of motorcycle drops happen.

However, riding in even a fucking parking lot or residental street without a helmet is dumb. People who insist on this "freedom" reap what they sow. I put my helmet on even if I'm moving the bike across the street to a new parking spot.
              I hear you arch but anytime you fall off a bike, no matter what speed, here's always a chance of getting caught up and hitting your noggin. Basically, I don't even ride my BICYCLE to the store without a helmet. Riding a motorycle in traffic is just nuts.

Comment

Is there no helmet law in PA?

NY State has a helmet law and you rarely see a helmetless biker. FL, where I live in the winter does not, and I'd guess upwards of 80% of the bikers don't wear helmets.

For a pro athelete, especially a starting QB, who's livelihood depends on his physical health to go without is helmet is not only stupid...it's also selfish, as it shows a disregard for one's team.

Comment

Here's a photo of the bike.

http://blog.sportscolumn.com/story/2006 ... 2576/1924/

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan
                    I hope Ben's head/face are better shape than the front of the bike!

Comment

Sounds real bad right now:

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/accident.html
                      Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                      Playoff Appearances:
                      NFC Title Games:
                      Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

"Roethlisberger lost most of his teeth, fractured his left sinus cavity bone, suffered a nine-inch laceration to the back of his head and a broken jaw, and severely injured both of his knees when he hit the ground, police said."

Comment

Hard to believe someone can be so foolish.

Didn't Bill Cowher implore Ben last year at this time to wear a helmet when riding his bike?

Comment

Why doesn't EVERY team (in every sport) have an anti-motorcycle clause in their contracts? Is it against the CBA?

Comment

Originally posted by Azures
                              Hard to believe someone can be so foolish.

Didn't Bill Cowher implore Ben last year at this time to wear a helmet when riding his bike?
                              He sure did,,, in public right after kellan winslow got hurt--- Ben said that since the state of PA didn't think he needed a helmet that that was good enough for him...... the maroon!

Comment

Working...
                              X