No announcement yet.

This pic shook me up.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tapeh IMO....he could be the FB we need and a talented RB option as well...

Bucky 2nd since, as has been said, we know how good he can be...

Reed...would solve our ST and backup S issues...not anything against Mikell or Considine or Bloom and Perry/Hood/Mahe, but he would be a great addition..

Pinky 4th simply because I do not value WR that highly and believe we have good options even if he struggles...same with J-Mac...
    Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Personally I see WR as one of the thinest positions on the roster. I think we will be okay there as long as Pinkston and Brown are healthy.

Bucky would be a huge boost to the offense, but it's not like they are hurting for a RB with Westy (how is he after his surgery?) and Moats back there.

I still have my doubts that Reed will ever be able to go at 100% again, but he would definitely help out the special teams if he is able to go.

Tapeh would really help the offense if he could get Parry off the field. IMO FB and DT were the Eagles' worst positions last year.
      Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

What about Dirk Johnson? Our punting was pretty attrocious last year. What is the story with Johnson? Is he healthy?

As far as the four listed, I would say Buckhalter would have the biggest impact, but I don't believe he'll be healthy.

Comment

And that's why I really didn't even consider him. I am Buckhalter kryptonite....and I ain't sayin SQUAT!
          http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Great pics Fresh.

#1 McDougle
            #2 Pinky
            #3 Reed
            #4 Buckhalter (I have given up on him).

On a more personal basis, I am pulling for JR more than any of the others.

Comment

I gotta say even without McDougal or Reed (glad as hell to see them back) the defense should be solid with the additions JJ has coming in. These guys are gravy. Good gravy!!

Pinky will be Pinky cant expect anything special. He'll be a deep threat once again but McNabb's health and sanity is still the main key there.

If Bucky is healthy he makes this offense SOOOO much better. He gives Westy more stamina to make plays. With less touches Westy stands a better chance of staying healthy. And with a solid runnning threat D-Mac doesnt take so many shots in the pocket. Buck can help protect and (with a little help from AR) pick up a few short gains rushing and cut down the Eagles' pass attempts.

Bucky is my choice IF he is in fact healthy.
              Im Ready........Im Ready......Im Ready!!!!!!

Comment

If JM does no more than "come back" to where he was before the shooting, he will fight to make the team.

So, making the "unlikely assumptions" that 1) JM plays closer to original expectations when he was drafted rather than to his disappointing pre-injury performance, and that 2) the other 3 "come back" fully to pre-injury performance levels AND STAY HEALTHY, my picks would be:

1. (Tie) Reed & Bucky - Reed was a game changer, not only with his exposive returns but the way he ignited the team. Bucky would round out the RB situation, make the offense much more difficult to game plan against, and actually be able to pick up the feared "3rd and 1". However, in the Real World, probably neither guy is on the roster come opening day.

3. JM - If the long hoped for McDougle shows up, he will make a strong group of DEs even stronger. If we still had last years weak group of DEs, I would have put JM at #1 in this ranking, because the need was much greater. Real World...JM makes the team and a modest contribution.

4. Pinky - Pinkston adds a deep threat dimension to the O we lacked last year after he went down and Owens imploded. But he doesn't do much more than pose a deep threat. Unless they enlarged his heart when they repaired the achilles tendon, he's still be one dimensional. Real world...Pinky makes team, but has lost "burner" speed. Consequent fan abuse results in his emigration to CFL after '06 season, where he and Ricky W contemplate a less violent world while sharing hash pipe.

Tapeh wasn't on the list of 4, but is a real wild card...anything from a non-factor to a solid contributor at FB and in short yardage.

Comment

Originally posted by AToney
                  What about Dirk Johnson? Our punting was pretty attrocious last year. What is the story with Johnson? Is he healthy?

As far as the four listed, I would say Buckhalter would have the biggest impact, but I don't believe he'll be healthy.
                  As far as I have heard, IMK, Johnson is healthy and ready to go...much to Swing's displeasure...
                  Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Originally posted by tinopuno
                    If JM does no more than "come back" to where he was before the shooting, he will fight to make the team.

So, making the "unlikely assumptions" that 1) JM plays closer to original expectations when he was drafted rather than to his disappointing pre-injury performance, and that .
                    I don't think JM has been healthy since he's been here. He didn't light the world on fire as a rookie in training camp, but outside of that, I don't think there has been any pre-injury performance to rate the guy on.

Comment

If Reed can make an impact, it will better the defense and offense.2 years ago, we always seemed to start the season around mid field. With this position on the field,a 3 and out isn't a glaring problem, your punter buries the other team inside the 20 and the defense comes onto the field with a nasty crowd behind them and the feeding frenzy starts.Last season we always seemed to be the team that was buried deep in enemy territory and every 3 and out gave the opposition a short field. Someone needs to step up in the return game and then we can make the short romp to paydirt and give the defense a lead and then turn the hounds loose.I think we have the pieces on this defense to return to the upper tier .I can't freaking wait to see.
                      We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Reed would be da man. As many of you have pointed out, the KR game went down when he went......up and hung upside down. But even beyond that return game, he was a great tackler on the coverage teams. The guy not only hits hard when returning the ball, but he hit hard when tackling. I actually was excited to think of him replacing Dawkins in the future..........until this accident.

I still think Reed can be very productive as a KR even without a full recovery (which seems impossible). JR was always a north -south runner. He ran straight at the defenders and ran over the first guy or absorbed the hit, and kept going. This should not change with his injury. Going head on as a KR is all about attitude. He has the attitude, so I expect him to still be successful.

I just hope he can cut with some effectiveness. If he can, I believe he will be still effective on ST as a coverage guy who brings the wood.

BTW, Thomas does have the chance to be the biggest addition. Just getting butterfingers Parry off the field will make him the best addition. He would also give us a FB who is capable of running up the middle after Westy goes in motion. He is another player who seems to bring alot of potential to the table.
                        Pedro

Comment

Reed is certainly high on my chart of Eagles that I am eager to see in the pre-season. You can't teach heart, guts and toughness. Reed has that, and he's got a touch of "maniac" in him. Perfect. I'm really puulling for the kid. In a sport where so many guys take things for granted, and don't seem to give it their all every opportunity, a player like JR Reed deserves to play.
                          http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Buck would be my number one with Tapeh in there as well in the addition of him and the subtraction of Parry.
                            I miss Philly!

Comment

Working...
                            X