Vince Young

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by YourPalChrisMal View Post
    Well, I'm pretty sure you're going to see it...
    You can bet on it.

Comment

Good point Vin that I didn't even think about! Here we go again with Andy's wheels spinning. Pass the Bud.
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Yeah but......it might actually work this time.

Before, you had McNabb who's running days were behind him, and you hade a Vick who didn't yet have his legs back. Now, with Vick and VY, you have two guys who are legit dual threats. How can you not at lest TRY to take advantage of that a few times a game?
        http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Also when Andy ran the WC with McNabb and Vick he never hid it at all. Whenever Vick came in the ball was going to him and defenses quickly focused on him. Mixing it up will automatically improve the effectiveness of running it again. Put Young and Vick back in the shotgun and snap it to one, then the other and it'll mess with the D. Both have big arms and fast legs and one is left handed the other right handed. Defending them is going to be tough if you're not sure who's getting the ball and whether they're throwing or running. It could work well if it's clearly thought out and the plays called from this formation are mixed up often.
          Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
          Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Hopefully the Eagles don't get dinged here for apparently talking to Vince Young too early. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...n-vince-young/

Comment

PE.com has a link that reported he was an Eagle, then retracted and said that the deal wasn't yet done......Schefter reporting that VY needs to clear waivers first.
              "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
              — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
              - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
                Also when Andy ran the WC with McNabb and Vick he never hid it at all. Whenever Vick came in the ball was going to him and defenses quickly focused on him. Mixing it up will automatically improve the effectiveness of running it again. Put Young and Vick back in the shotgun and snap it to one, then the other and it'll mess with the D. Both have big arms and fast legs and one is left handed the other right handed. Defending them is going to be tough if you're not sure who's getting the ball and whether they're throwing or running. It could work well if it's clearly thought out and the plays called from this formation are mixed up often.
                What makes you think it'll be different this time?

Comment

I didn't say I thought it would be different, just that for it to be effective it should be different.
                  Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                  Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Well I had to do it. Maybe I just don't understand the rap culture but this just seems Cigar club esque.

Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                    Playoff Appearances:
                    NFC Title Games:
                    Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

I like the acquisition of VY. Before he fizzled out in Tenn. it looked like he was starting to put it all together. I even drafted him on one of my fantasy teams as a backup.

He would fit in well in our offense, will have Vick as a role model, and will benefit greatly from Andy-Marty as teachers.

A one-year deal is perfect. If he succeeds, they can sign him long-term. If he fails, it is lunch money and a road ticket.
                      "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

I have my doubts about Young being able to learn the WCO. Particularly in one training camp. I bet he would listen to Mike Vick... not sure about anyone else, which scares me. But he could probably just play sandlot football and be effective for a couple games.

Comment

OTA's and minicamp sure would've helped. Here's hoping his Wonderlic score was bad just because he really didn't care how he did.
                          "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
                          — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
                          - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

Vince Young on why he's here: "Andy Reid."

He also referred to the Eagles as "The Dream Team" as a result of all of the acquisitions.
                            Last edited by YourPalChrisMal; 07-30-2011, 11:31 AM.

Comment

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2...team#storyjump

Vince Young Arrives At Eagles Training Camp, Calls Them "Dream Team"

Vince Young strolled onto the field of Lehigh University wearing his new #9 jersey, which he selected in honor of his former friend and mentor Steve McNair. The crowd greeted him with a huge cheer, which Young said was exciting to hear.
                              "Definitely exciting. You hear a lot of history about Eagles nation. Just to be a part of it, I'm very happy to be here and be a part of a great, great organization."
                              He was later asked what he thought of all the Eagles offseason moves so far...
                              "Dream Team. From [CB] Nnamdi [Asomugha] to [CB Dominique Rodgers-] Cromartie, and from [DE] Jason [Babin] to myself, I know they're going to do some more things. It's beautiful to see where we're trying to go. I'm all for it. Whatever they ask me to do, to be scout team quarterback or quarterback learning, do whatever it is. I just want to be here to help and be a part of a team. I'm just happy to be a part of the Philadelphia Eagles."
                              While many assumed that the presence of Michael Vick is what drew Young to Philadelphia (and it helped), Young says that really it was the chance to play for Andy Reid.
                              "[Head Coach] Andy Reid. The respect I have for him, I met him a long time ago. Some things that stand out about him are the respect he has across the league as well as the players who talk about him and have respect as well. I really feel like it was a really good fit for myself. I had a lot of opportunities, but I felt this was a great opportunity for me to get back as a quarterback to learn from him as well as all the other quarterbacks here like Michael Vick and the rest of team."
                              "I feel like being in contact with Marty [Mornhinweg] the offensive coordinator as well as the guys like Andy Reid that is very smart and knows quarterbacks, I really feel that they're going to do a good job expanding my career a little bit more and getting a little more knowledge and bringing my game to where I want it to be at."
                              Although that's not to say that Young's relationship with Vick didn't help.
                              "Me and Vick talk a lot and already have a history before this. I talked to him when I was in Nashville when we played preseason games. We had some emails back and forth, you know ‘Hey, keep your head up.' That's what quarterbacks do. That's not only just with Vick, that's with quarterbacks across the league. We just keep in touch. That's just type of camaraderie we have with each other. Just to get here and learn from him, know a lot of things that he's been through along with the same things that I've been through. It's good just to be around a person who's fought through it and had the success that he has right now.
                              The former #3 overall pick says that he feels that the problems he had in Tennessee are behind him.
                              "That's definitely behind me. It was a learning experience and I'm a working product. There isn't no one perfect in the league. As you see as guys get older and more mature, they start to take off so I'm kind of in that mode right now. I definitely wouldn't take anything back. I've learned from all of my mistakes. I'm basically just ready to just move forward and do what I can to get the Eagles to a Super Bowl. That's what I'm here for. I'm very excited to be here and a part of a great tradition of a football team."

Comment

We're not Eagles nation. I don't know anyone who refers to us that way.

There is one nation in football and that's Raiders Nation. The rest are just copycats. I don't like being copycats.

/petpeeve

Comment

Working...
                                X