Invincible: Hollywood Dramatizations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Invincible: Hollywood Dramatizations?

OK, now that everyone has (I assume) seen Invincible, does anyone have a list of what was accurate and what was Hollywood Dramatizations.

I know everything about meeting the bar owners cousin while he was trying out, and that whole relationship was fabricated.

What else? Just curious.

The sceen after the Dallas game where he jumps in with his buddies to play tackle football in the mud had to be fabricated. That couldn't have possibly happened, right? Stupid scene. What friends would even LET him play?

Yeah I thought that too. Real friends would be like "no fucking way dude... you cant risk an NFL career".

Comment

dont mean this disrespectfully - but i really dont care about the made up parts

we know what the real story is, we know what the movie is, and that parts of reality it skips, overlooks, exaggerates, adds, or deletes.

but like i said in my review when this was out

i wanted to go hit something after i saw it
      Five straight losses, including a crucial one at Dallas on Christmas Day, send them out against Atlanta, needing the win, plus help. -Dr. Z, 8/31/06

Comment

Originally posted by reesecal
        dont mean this disrespectfully - but i really dont care about the made up parts

we know what the real story is, we know what the movie is, and that parts of reality it skips, overlooks, exaggerates, adds, or deletes.

but like i said in my review when this was out

i wanted to go hit something after i saw it
        Then why did you open up this thread?

I actually don't know what the real story is. Well, I know the obvious, but now that I've seen the movie, I'd like to know the details, and from the movie you don't know what details have been left out, and what details have been exaggerated.

As a side-note, Ray Diddinger mentioned that Papale was named captain of the special teams. He said the people who made the movie planned on putting that at the end of the movie in text as they were flashing the original clips of the real Papale playing - but they felt like that part was too long and so that fact was cut from the movie. Very stupid to cut that out! To me, that fact puts an exclaimation point on the story. Plus, I could have watched those highlights at the end for a LOT longer than it actually was. That part gave me chills.

Comment

One thing I took exception with is how they made it seem like the dude never played football after high school. He played intramural football at St. Joe's and for the semi-pro Philadelphia Bells.

Comment

Working...
          X