Impact of new Defensive Line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impact of new Defensive Line

What's the potential for this defensive line rotation - sack wise?

1's: HOWARD - BUNKLEY - PATTERSON - KEARSE
    2's: COLE - WALKER - RAYBURN - MCDOUGLE

Obvious Passing Downs: COLE - HOWARD - BUNKLEY - KEARSE

...I want to say 50 sacks is my goal. I'm dead serious....
    This dude is pro bowl bound:

Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
    Playoff Appearances:
    NFC Title Games:
    Super Bowl Titles:

50?? Yous a little nuts, huh BP?

What did we have last year, 29? Gimme 40 and I'll be thrilled. What I hoe for is more pressure, PERIOD. Even if we DON't get silly sack numbers, lets atleast get a ton of hurries and cause the Eli Mannings of the world to get the heebie jeebies and throw us some picks.
    http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

When was the last time the Eagles had a D-lineman who made a major impact sacks wise in his first year in the league? I don't think we'll have a huge increase in sack numbers this year but I think if the rooks do well, it'll keep us from being fatigued. Remember a couple years ago when we had like a 7 man rotation? That kept everyone fresh for the whole game. I'd like to see that this year.

Any news of MacDougle (sp?)?
      Support Sportscolumn.com! Tell a friend!

Comment

McDougle is diesel in mini camp and the team is very impressed.

As for rookies with sacks - Corey Simon had a nice rookie year - 7/8 sacks I believe.

Cole had 5 in limited action. I believe Bunkley will be a freak and that Darren Howard might be the best of em all.
        Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
        Playoff Appearances:
        NFC Title Games:
        Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

The news on McDougle has been all good. Appears quick and better than ever, best shape ever. We'll see...

Didn't Simon have a big impact for us his first year?
          http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Barring injury-- -- I'm looking forward to maybe the best DL since the early 90's.

Even MAC DOO GAL is gonna give us cheers!!!!!!!!!

Comment

The problem with all this eagles discussion is that I'm totally jonesing for football. Give me anything. Give me preseason football! I don't care.

I might have to watch the NFCCG (vs Atl) this afternoon... or at least the catch by Chad that started me crying like a little girl.

Comment

Damn!!! Took too long to post, and now it looks like plagurism!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH
                  The news on McDougle has been all good. Appears quick and better than ever, best shape ever. We'll see...

Didn't Simon have a big impact for us his first year?
                  Not sure about "big impact" but he started from day one and that line wasn't bad. Seems he did what he was supposed to do from his draft spot. To lazy to look up the stats right now.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPHILLY
                    McDougle is diesel in mini camp and the team is very impressed.

As for rookies with sacks - Corey Simon had a nice rookie year - 7/8 sacks I believe.

Cole had 5 in limited action. I believe Bunkley will be a freak and that Darren Howard might be the best of em all.
                    9.5 sacks his rookie year and 7.5 the next year...
                    Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

The key like every year with the D-Line is health. With good health anything is possible including 50 sacks, however I personally see between 40 and 45.
                      Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Does anyone else feel that the Birds may be shooting themselves (no pun intended) in the foot by moving Howard inside to make room for Cole on passing downs? Howard is a magnificent pass rusher that may be wasted inside. Let Bunkley and Patterson collapse the pocket (it's a strong point for both) and let Andy keep "throwing fastballs" on the end with a rotation of Cole & Howard.

Comment

Steve, I don't think that is any more than a change up.

I think we see Howard on DE 90% of the downs he is in for.

Comment

Originally posted by stevemc
                            Does anyone else feel that the Birds may be shooting themselves (no pun intended) in the foot by moving Howard inside to make room for Cole on passing downs? Howard is a magnificent pass rusher that may be wasted inside. Let Bunkley and Patterson collapse the pocket (it's a strong point for both) and let Andy keep "throwing fastballs" on the end with a rotation of Cole & Howard.
                            * JJ will see what he has and work with it. Remember - Howard was talked about moving inside BEFORE they knew they had Bunkley.

Damn I love Bunkley. Maybe my new favorite player...Although Touchdown Reggie Brown is pretty sweet...
                            Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                            Playoff Appearances:
                            NFC Title Games:
                            Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Bunkley should become a good one. But first he has to catch up to Walker and Rayburn who when healthy, both have proven they are good for a half dozen or so sacks each. Just watch, Patterson step it up, Walker and Rayburn come back and Bunkley come in and make aa big rookie impression. With our upgraded set of DEs, then your hope for 50 sacks would be possible. Dang lets get it on.

Did anyone notice that Walker is so fixed on this year that he is voluntarily working out in this weeks rookie camp?

Comment

Working...
                              X