No announcement yet.

Impact of new Defensive Line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

McDougle has to do it now. If he's not motivated now, he never will be. Walker and Rayburn have to play a lot better than last year - perhaps it was injuries. Hopefully Bunkley and Howard can double the pass rush, which was pathetic last year.

Comment

You're right about Macdoogal,, I have supported giving the guy the breaks due to his injury problems,,, but he does have to step it up this year.

As an aside,, he made a lot of money,a lot, for not playing much football...... pretty good money for just basically sitting for several years. Almost like collecting UEC. So he should be ready to earn some of that money and be very very motivated.

Also for his own good and that next contract that will be here soon. He doesn't do well he may be out of football relatively young.

Comment

From the way, Andy, JJ and Heckert each have spoken of him it is clear that McDougle came in very motivated last year and had won himself a job at DE. Sh*t happens. I see no evidence that the guy has done anything different this year other than come back from even worse circumstances. He looks like he's gonna have a decent role in the rotation. Just look at our SECOND string DL: McDougle, Bunckley, Rayburn, Cole!!!! Not too shabby at all.

Comment

I think the mentality is perfect right now for the entire line. Each one has something to prove after bad 2005 seasons. Howard included. I also think Bunkley could be a defensive ROY. This is a perfect place for him and he's a beast!
          Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
          Playoff Appearances:
          NFC Title Games:
          Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

I believe 50 is reasonable. In the past, we only had one or two pass rushers, and they had to rotate. This line now has 4 DE's who can rotate and all who can get to the passer. Walker can rush when healthy and Bunkley and Patterson have the reputation of being very good pass rushers. There should be no slowing down for this line.

As for Howard going inside, I believe he is faster than the DT's so this gives you three fast linemen to pursue a QB when he scrambles or to drop back into coverage during zone blitzes. Let's keep in mind that JJ has to come up with new blitz packages after everyone learned to stop them last year. Having all of your linemen athletic allows you to conceal who is rushing and who is dropping into coverage. This is what is going to screw up the O-linemen and QB.
            Pedro

Comment

If MacDougle, Walker, and Rayburn are healthy, the defensive line should be formidable. Walker's game, in particular, will benefit from becoming a situational player. Despite his strength, he relies on speed and leverage to be effective, because he is relatively undersized as a defensive tackle.

With Grasmanis' injuries over the past several years, the Eagles have lacked a solid rotation at defensive tackle. Now, with Bunkley and Jasper, the Eagles have at least five defensive tackes who are legitimate NFL players. They should create a push in the middle. The sacks and interceptions will follow.

Comment

I forgot all about Jasper...man alive...
                Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                Playoff Appearances:
                NFC Title Games:
                Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Working...
                X