Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playoffs

Gotta throw a Good Luck out there to the Sixers before the playoffs. Franchise record 15 wins. Came a long way fast this season and made believers out of a lot of non believers.
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Still think they have a bit to go--- could be a very interesting team if they can stay away from injuries and get Foultz to play like a #1.

Comment

Yea I can agree with that but they have been on fire. Much more than I thought they had in them. Didn't think Embiid would get as much PT as he had and when he went down had to wonder if the rest could step up. Reddick has been crazy and Simmons looks like the absolute real deal. I hadn't really enjoyed, or even watched, the Sixers much over the last few years but the games I have seen this year were very enjoyable. Guess that comes with winning
      Hope is not a strategy
      RIP

Comment

LOL .. Yeah winning is a quick fix for sure.

Gotta admit that I really don't watch that much pro Bball...... Just not the same game I grew up with, so just not that much interest or relevance to me.

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
          Yea I can agree with that but they have been on fire. Much more than I thought they had in them. Didn't think Embiid would get as much PT as he had and when he went down had to wonder if the rest could step up. Reddick has been crazy and Simmons looks like the absolute real deal. I hadn't really enjoyed, or even watched, the Sixers much over the last few years but the games I have seen this year were very enjoyable. Guess that comes with winning
          I hadn't watched ANY Sixers games for several years until last night. They really are an enjoyable team to watch. Great team defense and a very unselfish approach to team offense. An interesting and likeable cast of characters. Simmons and Saric both look special.

I'm looking forward to Embid's return...probably on Thursday (?) in Miami.

Comment

The process has been long but it's really coming together now. What a fun team to watch. Simmons is the game changer getting all these guys who can hit open threes but were stuck on bad teams the open looks they need to succeed.

I'm actually concerned Embiid and his half court offense presence may be a bit of a pothole but he's such a force that I'm hoping they find the happy medium. The team's defensive rating with Embiid on the floor is one of the best in the league.

Comment

Nice win yesterday. Came back from 12 down, overcame a silly number of turnovers, and hung tough at the end. You can see the desire to win and the desire to throw away that mask in Embiid
              Hope is not a strategy
              RIP

Comment

Originally posted by stevemc View Post

I'm actually concerned Embiid and his half court offense presence may be a bit of a pothole but he's such a force that I'm hoping they find the happy medium. The team's defensive rating with Embiid on the floor is one of the best in the league.
                I really love what Embiid brings to the court in terms of athleticism, intimidating physical presence and attitude. (I'll stipulate that I've only resumed watching the Sixers since the playoffs resumed after a hiatus of several years.) But yesterday, their crisp ball movement was clearly impacted negatively when he got the ball in both the high and low post. He's young and still relatively new to the game and seems to have great capacity to learn.

I took much pleasure in seeing these guys come back late against Miami, especially after Miami thought they could unnerve the young Sixers by getting all bad with them.

Comment

Bucks take the Celtics to 7 games. This is great as a very tired team will be coming up against our rested guys plus Embiid's eye gets more time to recooperate. Looks like he needs to wear the mask throughout the playoffs regardless though.

Comment

Throwback in time to the Sixers/Celts playoffs of the past. I'm feeling pretty good about this series.

Comment

I was wondering what you thought of the game. Grandson had a DH last night that didn't end until 945 so I didn't see game. Read Embiid and Simmons comments today and from that I will be interested to see how game two comes out.
                      Never know how a team reacts to layoffs or how a team comes back from seven game series. I would've thought a game one win was in the cards
                      Hope is not a strategy
                      RIP

Comment

I think there was rust and the Celtics shot at what will be an unsustainable rate in Game 1. We shot absolutely terrible with a huge amount of missed wide open 3's. Things will level out tonight IMO. I think we win.

Comment

That was ugly. Simmons just wasn't on it then it was like there was a switch flipped and the team wasn't on it.
                          Hope is not a strategy
                          RIP

Comment

Simmons has not had a good series. That's been the difference to this point. They pissed that game away last night.

Comment

He sure didn't look happy sitting on the bench in the 3rd/4th. Rightfully so IMO. You know you are playing poorly and you know you can't fix it sitting on the bench. They're certainly in a hole but it isn't a done deal. They can come back
                              Hope is not a strategy
                              RIP

Comment

Working...
                              X