My roster surprise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My roster surprise

I don't know exactly how it's going to pan out, but I think one way or another Brandon Grahm's days with the Birds could be over. He's PUPed for now and them most likely IRed after that. At least I hope it works out that way because it would mean that our DEs are kicking ass. He very likely could be traded at the end of the year. You guys would have to help me on this with cap hits and the like.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

no chance
    Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

Originally posted by Leonard Tose View Post
      no chance
      You might be right and maybe it's a dumb post. But it's not like he was setting the world on fire before he got hurt.

Comment

Perhaps, but Wash is said to have had him highly rated coming out of the draft, and he should fit his system perfectly.
        http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

I recall laughing at the Gnats on draft day for their 'panic reach' for the physically impressive but very raw JPP after AR moved up and hooked Graham, whom many 'experts' believed the Gnats coveted.

Lesson Learned: There are many things worthy of ridicule with the Gnats. Their evaluation of pass rushing DEs isn't one of them. I really would like to know if they would have taken Graham #1 if he was there for them.

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH View Post
            Perhaps, but Wash is said to have had him highly rated coming out of the draft, and he should fit his system perfectly.
            The only thing going for me is that I post "my surprise cut" every year and I'm almost always right. The first one I ever posted was that stiff Quinton Caver and I continued. I can't remember the rest of the stiffs other than McDougal after a big debate where half the board was upset because he was setting the world on fire in preseason. This one is a huge stretch for sure and I admit I don't really believe it either. This is a tough year because it won't be surprising if anybody gets cut. I just felt obligated to put something out there and I even titled it differently. It might even take a year or two to find out, and I'm sure I'll be the only one who remembers. Hey, I hope I'm wrong on this one and he becomes a great Eagle!!

Comment

What time do they have to cut down to 53?
              Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

He was doing pretty well before he got hurt. To my memory, he was at least putting a time limit on opposing QBs even if not getting the sacks, and once he went down for good QBs had all day (Cole had no help), and our secondary started getting torched with regularity. No, he wasn't a star immediately, but that doesn't mean he wasn't good.

Also, Washburn rated him highest in that year's draft (though also ended up loving the guy that Tennessee got in the end, Derrick Morgan), so he's going to want to see how a healthy Graham does in his system with a full offseason. After seeing Babin in our system one year, and Washburn's the next, I don't see how you don't want to give him that chance. Or more than one chance.

Also, he signed a pretty significant contract. It included an 8.6 million dollar bonus *this year*, prorated for the cap for five seasons. That means if the Eagles cut or trade him right now, that entire bonus gets accelerated into the next year's cap and becomes dead money. That number goes down by 1.7 million each year, but no way the Eagles would even consider moving him until at least 2014. Contract details here.

IR is a real possibility though, I'd agree. It's going to depend on his health, and if the DEs we have now are healthy and playing well. I suspect he won't be ready after six weeks to be better than the guys we have. Next year will be a different story anyways (a lot of the DL we just signed are here on one-year deals I think).

Comment

6:00 rspurr

And we can't be McDougling Graham yet. This kid has 10 times the ability. The injury issues are a concern. But it is still just year two

Comment

Originally posted by FairOaks View Post
                    He was doing pretty well before he got hurt. To my memory, he was at least putting a time limit on opposing QBs even if not getting the sacks, and once he went down for good QBs had all day (Cole had no help), and our secondary started getting torched with regularity. No, he wasn't a star immediately, but that doesn't mean he wasn't good.

Also, Washburn rated him highest in that year's draft (though also ended up loving the guy that Tennessee got in the end, Derrick Morgan), so he's going to want to see how a healthy Graham does in his system with a full offseason. After seeing Babin in our system one year, and Washburn's the next, I don't see how you don't want to give him that chance. Or more than one chance.

Also, he signed a pretty significant contract. It included an 8.6 million dollar bonus *this year*, prorated for the cap for five seasons. That means if the Eagles cut or trade him right now, that entire bonus gets accelerated into the next year's cap and becomes dead money. That number goes down by 1.7 million each year, but no way the Eagles would even consider moving him until at least 2014. Contract details here.

IR is a real possibility though, I'd agree. It's going to depend on his health, and if the DEs we have now are healthy and playing well. I suspect he won't be ready after six weeks to be better than the guys we have. Next year will be a different story anyways (a lot of the DL we just signed are here on one-year deals I think).
                    One thing with the PUP. I don't think that you have to decide week 6 if you want him or not. I think that you have up to week 12 to decide. I believe week 6 is just the minimun amount of time the guy has to wait until he is eligible to come off.

Comment

Let's face it, it took the Eagles what, five years to cut Jerome McDougle's 1st round contract? And he was completely worthless. They're not dumping Graham.

Comment

Seriously, who the hell is Cedric Thornton??? This has got to be some kind of money move.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                          One thing with the PUP. I don't think that you have to decide week 6 if you want him or not. I think that you have up to week 12 to decide. I believe week 6 is just the minimun amount of time the guy has to wait until he is eligible to come off.
                          You're right -- at least under the last CBA, you have three weeks (specifically, 21 calendar days, so bye weeks don't matter) after that sixth game to make the decision. Not sure if that changed under the new CBA or not. So, probably need to make the decision after game 8.

Comment

Originally posted by FairOaks View Post
                            You're right -- at least under the last CBA, you have three weeks (specifically, 21 calendar days, so bye weeks don't matter) after that sixth game to make the decision. Not sure if that changed under the new CBA or not. So, probably need to make the decision after game 8.
                            Thanks FO. That gives him a couple of months anyway.

Comment

Working...
                            X