Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The end for Big Red is near.

Some light, depressing reading here.

Apparently, Big Red has started just mailing it in, as Kevin Kolb was calling out Eagle plays Sunday on the sidelines. They apparently didn't even bother to change them.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...les-plays.html

Didinger with some context and suggesting that players have lost confidence:

http://www.csnphilly.com/football-ph...920&feedID=692

Fast Ed Rendell suggests that Big Red will resign if the Eagles don't run the table. I don't know about running the table but I do agree that Reid will resign before they fire him.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...the_table.html
    Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

stop teasing LT!

I can't get my hopes up and have it dashed by the idiotic front office again.

Comment

Dead Man Walking.

If the Giants kick our asses this weekend, the drum beats will get louder. It will be difficult for Reid to stay.
      "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

At least AR put KOLB in a better position to make plays

Comment

Originally posted by FearTheDawk View Post
          At least AR put KOLB in a better position to make plays

Comment

Originally posted by Leonard Tose View Post
            Apparently, Big Red has started just mailing it in, as Kevin Kolb was calling out Eagle plays Sunday on the sidelines. They apparently didn't even bother to change them.
            Don't worry everybody, it had not impact on whether or not we won or lost. After all, Roger Goodell said that stealing play calls had no impact on whether or not the Patriots won any football games during the seven(?)-year Spygate span.
            "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
            — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
            - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

Originally posted by Leonard Tose View Post
              Some light, depressing reading here.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...les-plays.html
              Not really sure what to make of this. For all the hand-wringing about the team being too stupid to change their calls and signals, I have to ask:

1) Is it possible to completely change signals and calls for one game and have it run smoothly? (not that things ran smoothly Sunday, but that's beside the point)

2) I doubt Kolb was going off calls anyway, he probably recognized formations and situations. I mean, some knowledge of your offense is inevitable when you're an ex-quarterback. Again, are the Eagles supposed to just tear up the old playbook once a quarterback leaves?

3) Who knows how much effect this had? Kolb himself doubts it was much.

Overall, I think this goes into that 'they brought the wrong cleats!' category of a situation that SEEMS like it has an easy solution, but that solution in fact presents a whole new series of problems.

Comment

Originally posted by IMK View Post
                Not really sure what to make of this. For all the hand-wringing about the team being too stupid to change their calls and signals, I have to ask:

1) Is it possible to completely change signals and calls for one game and have it run smoothly? (not that things ran smoothly Sunday, but that's beside the point)
                No, but teams typically change their signals every year, here's a quote I found from the old QB coach Bill Musgrave:

"That's become a hot topic in the last few years because there's been more turnover amongst not only players but also coaches," Musgrave said. "Teams change code words and code colors and signals each and every year, I would guess to protect their information."

Here are some quotes from a few old pros back in 07, during the Patriot spy gate. Note that Chuck Knox, who has been out of the game for a while now, is talking about changing signals even within the game.

"Just look at some of the middle linebackers now playing," Edwards said. "They're wearing huge wristbands with plays on them just like quarterbacks do. That's so they can look at a number on their wrists and know what the coach on the sideline wants to run. And of course, you have three different people sending in different signals so nobody can pick up on what you're doing. That's how crazy it has gotten."

Added former NFL coach Chuck Knox: "I never had that feeling that somebody was spying from one side to the other because most of the time you give a dummy signal. You keep changing them up. Then you have two guys on the sidelines giving them. I think it's a whole lot about nothing."
                Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

Resignation is plausible. If Reid is forced to cast his DC overboard, he might jump too.

Comment

I think it's BS for the most part. Most teams are lucky if their own team knows wtf they are doing (us) nevemind the other team.
                    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by ThoughtProcess View Post
                      Resignation is plausible. If Reid is forced to cast his DC overboard, he might jump too.

Why do I keep hearing this?

What makes people think AR gives a flying fuck about Juan Castillo?

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post

It's merely conjecture. Perhaps the loyalty his assistants might have to him is reciprocated.

Comment

I was thinking the same thing. Reid gave Juan his shot. He owes him nothing at this point.
                          http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

It's blatantly obvious to everyone with a pair of eyes that Castillo has earned the firing that is in his future. If Reid wants to continue to ignore the signs that are so obvious to everyone else and step down in protest then I'm fine with it. It's a magnificent and completely stupid gesture Andy. Go forth and file your unemployment papers.

Honestly this would be the most appropriate way to end Reid's stint here. It's clear to everyone outside of NovaCare that he needs to be fired, but the FO in their typical fashion, ignore the desperate pleas of the fans and offer Reid an undeserved chance to remain with the team. Reid in his typical stubborn fashion shows that he knows more than everyone else and throws himself on the sword rather than fire his friend, thereby unintentionally giving the fans what they want! Talk about FUBAR!!!
                            Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                            Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

It's been well reported that Reid and Castillo are extremely close personal friends, their families break bread together often, etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X