Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schedule release

I first things I look at to see if we’re getting F’ed over:

1. How many times do we play a team (especially division opponent) coming off of their bye?
    Then check same for Cowboys.

2. Do we play a Thursday night home or road game?

3. Do we play any division games on a short week (After MNF)?
    Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Of course we got Screwed as usual!! 4 out of 5 primetime night games on the road! WTF???
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Yeah we have an instant loss on this schedule Thursday night on the road in Green Bay after a road game on that Sunday. Fuck Rodger and this shit. 3 straight roads etc. horrible schedule
      Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

The only thing I don't see are our three post season opponents.
        Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
        Hope is not a strategy
        RIP

Comment

We play Det at home the week before GB
          Hope is not a strategy
          RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
            Of course we got Screwed as usual!! 4 out of 5 primetime night games on the road! WTF???
            Looked like 3 out of 5 to me. But we get the Pats and the richest QB in the world at home
            Hope is not a strategy
            RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
              Looked like 3 out of 5 to me. But we get the Pats and the richest QB in the world at home
              Yep you're right ND except for one thing. 3 of our first 6 games are those night road games and that certainly isn't conducive for a great start of the season.
              "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Vegas has the O\U at 9.5 and back in the Day I would bet the Ranch on the Birds. Rough 3 game road stretch with a Strong Finish. Overall, I Like it & see 11-5 this Season.
                Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

We play Det at home the week before GB
                  Your right I read it wrong. Fuck Rodger anyway, just because.

I am hearing the three road games is because the NFL thinks the Phillies may be in the playoffs and didn't want a conflict. WTF is that. That is really BS as most of the playoff games for baseball are at night. The last time I checked both the Bills and Vikings games are at 1pm.

I really do not like this schedule.
                  Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

I think the bears, pats and seahawks are all at home which is a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
                      Your right I read it wrong. Fuck Rodger anyway, just because.

I am hearing the three road games is because the NFL thinks the Phillies may be in the playoffs and didn't want a conflict. WTF is that. That is really BS as most of the playoff games for baseball are at night. The last time I checked both the Bills and Vikings games are at 1pm.

I really do not like this schedule.
                      When did the Eagles start playing in Citizens Bank Park? I agree..total BS.

Comment

Yea they may not want the problems of both the Phils and the Eagles the same day but that is a long shot. I'd also submit it would not be the first time the city handled two events at the sports complex.
                        Hope is not a strategy
                        RIP

Comment

I first things I look at to see if we’re getting F’ed over:

1. How many times do we play a team (especially division opponent) coming off of their bye?
                          So the answer is three times, which ties New England for the most of any team.
                          It's not as bad as it seems though.
                          1. In Week 5 we play the Jets after their bye but we play on TNF the week before as well so we have a mini-bye.
                          2. In Week 11 we play the Patriots but we have a bye in week 10 also. Still, we lose the advantage of playing a team on a week's less rest.
                          3. In Week 12 we play the Seahawks after their bye.

Then check same for Cowboys.
                          The Cowboys play zero teams after their bye. The NFL continues to give them every advantage it can.

2. Do we play a Thursday night home or road game?
                          Road game in week 4 at Green Bay. The 5th THF road game in the last 6 years.
                          The Cowboys of course get a cupcake of a game at home vs the Bills on Thanksgiving. They actually have to play a road game the next week at Chicago who also play on Thanksgiving.

3. Do we play any division games on a short week (After MNF)?
                          Yes, at Washington in week 15 after playing on MNF vs the Giants in week 14.

The number of teams that you play after their bye or mini-bye (TNF) is the biggest disadvantage in the NFL schedule.
                          The Patriots have to play back to back weeks vs Cleveland and and Baltimore who both have a bye the week before.
                          Baltimore also has the play back to back weeks vs CIN and HOU who both have a bye the week before.
                          Green Bay also has to do the same vs Detroit and Oakland (but at least it's Det and Oak). Green Bay also has two games vs opponents that played on TNF the week before (KC and CHI).

In the big scheme of things, I don't think any of the coaches or players care. In fact they probably use it as motivation. I know that we were really motivated to play well in Carolina in 2017 and in New York last year on TNF.
                          But if I were Lurie, I would be pissed.
                          Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

I would also be pissed about the three road games in a row. MN and Dallas would project to be tough games while the last of the three is at Buf which shouldn't be as tough. Although no one knows until they see the season unfold.
                            Hope is not a strategy
                            RIP

Comment

I would also be pissed about the three road games in a row. MN and Dallas would project to be tough games while the last of the three is at Buf which shouldn't be as tough. Although no one knows until they see the season unfold.
                              I read today somewhere that we are the only team with three straight road games. Is that true?
                              Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Working...
                              X