Aggie's Drop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aggie's Drop

Let's hope that the late dropped TD pass by Aggie, that was just the single most prominent mindfucker in a game filled with one instance after another of weird and really discouraging shit, will not set him back to a point where he has again lost all confidence in himself.

Ya, pretty sure he was gone on that play. He made a nice play on 4th and 14, so I think his psyche is fine. What hurts is that if the first 2pt conversion is called correctly we win the game on a last second FG.
    Russian reporters to Bobby Clarke: Can you imagine hockey without fights?
    Robert Earle Clarke's response: Can you imagine vodka without alcohol?

Comment

Originally posted by flyered View Post
      Ya, pretty sure he was gone on that play. He made a nice play on 4th and 14, so I think his psyche is fine. What hurts is that if the first 2pt conversion is called correctly we win the game on a last second FG.
      Thanks Al Riveron! You arrogant, worthless, criminal POS.

And Pliny, I think that our boy Aggie choked his brains out today with his play. As soon as he was left to be "The Man" due to injuries he folded like a tent.
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by flyered View Post
        Stupid rule, correct call. That was just on Wentz slipping before he got there.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
          Stupid rule, correct call. That was just on Wentz slipping before he got there.
          Still not sure it was the correct call. While his knee was down, was he really a QB there or a RB? If he is a QB then he should have got a roughing the passer call because he got hit after he "gave himself up". The NFL can't really have it both ways there. Just an odd rule and one that much like a ton of rules are open to interrupt any way you would like.
          Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
            Still not sure it was the correct call. While his knee was down, was he really a QB there or a RB? If he is a QB then he should have got a roughing the passer call because he got hit after he "gave himself up". The NFL can't really have it both ways there. Just an odd rule and one that much like a ton of rules are open to interrupt any way you would like.
            Excellent point taz! Why couldn't that over officiant jerk Riveron see that? He invents enough rules on his own already.
            "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

That 2 point conversion call to me changed the whole complexity of the game for both teams! he is a runner. So now diving forward means you are giving your self up? Its an absolute dumb rule in sport full of dumb rules! Player safety is one thing but if a official cannot tell the difference a player going for TD and giving himself up them he is a fool.

Comment

Originally posted by RobLew65 View Post
                That 2 point conversion call to me changed the whole complexity of the game for both teams! he is a runner. So now diving forward means you are giving your self up? Its an absolute dumb rule in sport full of dumb rules! Player safety is one thing but if a official cannot tell the difference a player going for TD and giving himself up them he is a fool.
                The officials on the field called it right. Riveron and his bunch of bumbling stumbling New York replay folks changed it and cited a rule that nobody ever has heard of, plus if that is the rule then the penalty should have been called. In other words its either a two point conversion or a roughing the passer call. It can't be either or, if so then the rules were not followed.

Personally the call on the field should have been upheld. This is one of those situations that if they then throw the flag for roughing the passer then the Falcons should have a beef. Sometimes we lose the common sense portion of the game. Nobody Falcons included would have questioned if the called was to stand. By changing the call they opened up a bunch of crazy stupid questions about the rule and if he is a RB or QB and if he is a QB then it should have been a late hit
                Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
                  The officials on the field called it right. Riveron and his bunch of bumbling stumbling New York replay folks changed it and cited a rule that nobody ever has heard of, plus if that is the rule then the penalty should have been called. In other words its either a two point conversion or a roughing the passer call. It can't be either or, if so then the rules were not followed.

Personally the call on the field should have been upheld. This is one of those situations that if they then throw the flag for roughing the passer then the Falcons should have a beef. Sometimes we lose the common sense portion of the game. Nobody Falcons included would have questioned if the called was to stand. By changing the call they opened up a bunch of crazy stupid questions about the rule and if he is a RB or QB and if he is a QB then it should have been a late hit
                  I agree. I do not blame the guys on the field. Its New York who blew this one. Too many rules not enough common sense. The play should have stood as called on the field. There was no reason to overturn it. No one on the field thought anything of it. It was Al and his bunch of as Marv Levy would say "over officious jerks!"

Comment

Aggy is going to have a hard time getting a super lucrative contract with the tape of his drops.

If they Birds want him back next year my guess is 4 years $22 million could do it. They may not even want him back though.
                    You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Taz (and others) you have convinced me. You can’t have it both ways, it’s either a conversion or a foul. I eat my crow.

I still insist this still falls on Wentz slipping. Just me I guess.

Comment

Working...
                      X