Eagles Inactives vs. the Dolphins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eagles Inactives vs. the Dolphins

Normally this wouldn't warrant a post-game thread of its own, but the inactives were interesting today...

WR Steve Smith, CB Brandon Hughes, DE Brandon Graham, G Julian Vandervelde, OT Winston Justice, DE Juqua Parker and LB Greg Lloyd.
    Parker didn't have an injury did he? Kind of interesting that Hunt got the nod over Parker. And then produced with his first NFL sack. See if he's active again next week.

No Brandon Graham yet again. Also interesting that if they were going to deactivate Parker, it was Hunt getting the call over Graham who supposedly has been ready to produce for 2-3 weeks.

And, of course, a season low for Steve Smith (if that's possible)...now he's not even dressing for games OVER CHAD HALL. Holy crap, wow.

Originally posted by YourPalChrisMal View Post
    Normally this wouldn't warrant a post-game thread of its own, but the inactives were interesting today...

Parker didn't have an injury did he? Kind of interesting that Hunt got the nod over Parker. And then produced with his first NFL sack. See if he's active again next week.

No Brandon Graham yet again. Also interesting that if they were going to deactivate Parker, it was Hunt getting the call over Graham who supposedly has been ready to produce for 2-3 weeks.

And, of course, a season low for Steve Smith (if that's possible)...now he's not even dressing for games OVER CHAD HALL. Holy crap, wow.
    I would argue that this shows Andy knows he needs to be evaluating for next year. They know Graham is on the team next year and Juqua isnt. Time to find out what you have in Hunt. Graham and Nate Allen will be better next year when they are fully rehabbed. Those guys with the big surgeries last year who couldn't rehab with the training staff really struggled.

For Smith, I think he is clearly not in the team's plans. And it probably doesn't hurt in the battle to make up wtih DeSean if they deactivate the guy who supposedly was given his money (even though that criticism is total BS.)
    Long Live Section 736

Comment

Justice, Graham, Parker and Smith all on the inactive list, none with injuries, that is alot of Money tied up in players who are not part of the game day 46. More personell mistakes
      Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Originally posted by QuitoPhan View Post
        Graham and Nate Allen will be better next year when they are fully rehabbed. Those guys with the big surgeries last year who couldn't rehab with the training staff really struggled.
        You may be right about Graham but I think Allen just plain stinks. He was flat out awful yesterday and it had little to do with reduced speed from the injury and everything to do with instincts, technique and football smarts. He played like a high school kid and not a very good one.

Two high draft picks out of the Univ of South Florida in 2010. We get Allen and the Gnats get JPP. Who do we thank for that...AR or Howie?

Comment

I am thinking some of these moves are part of the evaluation of players and preparation for next year. We know what Parker brings - let see what others have. I think Graham may be a flop, but give him a year for his injury. Smith may be the same. I can't figure this one out: is he still sore and they want him to replace DeSean next year and are keeping him healthy or does he really suck? based on the Ginats WR corp, I don't know that he'd haev played for them this year anyway. They got real good real fast.

Comment

Apparently Smith was not active because of more knee problems. So now it looks like the Eagles were wrong - he wasn't going to be ready early in the season.... AND it looks like the Giants were also wrong, he wasn't going to be ready MID-season either. Looks like a completely lost year.

This from BGN...

When the Eagles announced that Steve Smith would be inactive for yesterday's game, I just assumed it was because he hasn't really been a productive or useful player this season. While that may be true, it is apparently not the reason he was held out. His knee swelled up on the flight to Miami and a subsequent MRI revealed a bone bruise.

It was the same knee that he had microfracture surgery on last December.

So it certainly seems that Smith is not 100%, which makes sense. This is a guy who was a really good WR with the Giants and still owns their single season receptions record. But here, he's been a shell of himself and has never seemed to back up to speed. I doubt Steve Smith will be here next year, but hopefully for his career's sake he does heal up and return to being a productive player. By all accounts he is a good guy and you never want to see a good young player's career fizzle out like this because of injury.

Comment

Working...
            X