Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would you demand from SF for Foles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you demand from SF for Foles?

Message title says it all.

IF Foles would be willing to go there. I do think it is a good situation for him vs a total dumpster fire.

I'd say the starting point is a 2nd rounder.

I think a 2nd round pick this year and a 4th that could become a 2nd on 2020, would be fair. I looked over their roster and they dont' have a ton of depth so it couldn't be something like a pick and a player.
    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Agreed. 2nd rounder.

I think the team really likes Sudfeld. But, Sudfeld makes me a little nervous. While he seems to look OK overall and seems pretty skilled, I am not sure that he has the IT factor yet. Of course, learning from Carson should help him a lot in that area.

I would like to see Sudfeld have an outing, any outing (preseason or regular), where he leads the team to a win and does better in the red zone. He looked good in the Cowboy game last year. But, they were shutout.

I am not knocking Sudfeld. I just want him to have that breakout game before taking over as backup.

Comment

If I dealt Foles I would also sign Paxton Lynch as the third string guy.if I were the Eagles. I think with the right QB coaches he could turn out to be a solid backup who could win some games in relief in this league.
        Last edited by taz; 09-24-2018, 01:20 PM.
        Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

I would trade Nick and go with Sudfeld as the number 2. A second in the 2019 draft would most likely be a high pick. Maybe Howie could package something for improvement this year. If not a high 2 would be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Rossovich View Post
            I would trade Nick and go with Sudfeld as the number 2. A second in the 2019 draft would most likely be a high pick. Maybe Howie could package something for improvement this year. If not a high 2 would be nice.
            Let the games begin!!!
            "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

On second thought we'd need a one for him or I'd say forget it. I don't' think that you can trade a guy like that if you're in the hunt for a SB.

Comment

IMO We caught lightning in the bottle with Foles. I don't think it will be repeated and selling high would be prudent. If I could get a 2nd rounder or hell why not ask for a 1, you won't get it I don't think, that would lower salary cap, give Sudfield more reps and provide at least one asset for other places: More WR depth, a project for the offensive line or a LB.

Just to be clear, Nick would have to be on board with it. He brought us the ring and deserves that consideration.

Comment

That's a tough call. I'm still leaning towards keeping Nick. Wentz looks great, but one game does not a season and playoffs make. Being one hit away from Sudfeld starting makes me nervous.

But, it depends on the price. I agree that Nick needs to be on board with it, but I think he might find the opportunity to go to a pretty good team with an offensive minded coach, in a city with great weather attractive.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post
                    That's a tough call. I'm still leaning towards keeping Nick. Wentz looks great, but one game does not a season and playoffs make. Being one hit away from Sudfeld starting makes me nervous.

But, it depends on the price. I agree that Nick needs to be on board with it, but I think he might find the opportunity to go to a pretty good team with an offensive minded coach, in a city with great weather attractive.
                    You have to wonder what would Nick think about it. He'd be one and done there too. He'd make a lot more money there though because of the way his contract is written.

Comment

I'll just add that SF was the most overrated team in the league going into this season. I don't really see them giving away a top pick for any QB. They're still rebuilding around Garoppolo and he'll be ready to go next season.

Comment

What would I demand from San Fran for Foles? I would start with this squad and go from there!
                        Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                        Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

I think we ask for a 1st this year or two 2nds. We then use our first and a 4th this year to get Bell from Pittsburgh.
                          Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                          Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Just don't think you can get a 1st for Foles but Howie has done some magic so who knows. If you get a second and a 4th or 5th I think you are doing okay. However, like the vast majority of America, all my football knowledge gets me a seat in front of the TV on Sunday.
                            Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                            Hope is not a strategy
                            RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
                              Just don't think you can get a 1st for Foles but Howie has done some magic so who knows. If you get a second and a 4th or 5th I think you are doing okay. However, like the vast majority of America, all my football knowledge gets me a seat in front of the TV on Sunday.
                              I don't think that we can consider a trade can we ND? Not after what happened last year. He's already won one game for us this year too.

Comment

Working...
                              X