Some Changes I would make

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Changes I would make

This is a lost season and it should not come as a big surprise to the fans. Between a short offseason, starting off the season with so many injuries and guys who didn't get any preseason. Many new coaches and the lack of adjustments on the defensive side of the ball. Its time for some hail marrie moves.

This team needs a wake up call. That means some players are going to get benched for at least a short time period. The following players should take a seat on the bench.

1. Jalen Mills I know I am in the minority here but Mills wasn't horrible yesterday the problem is he simply can't cover a deep pass. That long pass play was as much a very good wide receiver and QB making a nice play. Even so its an optics thing and its time to give somebody else a chance. Rasul Douglas should get the next chance out there. Not Sidney Jones. Douglas was a 3rd round pick and has shown flashes.

2. Jason Peters doesn't have it anymore. He is getting beat like a drum, way too many pre snap penalites. Now I don' t really want Big V out there so I may try the Australian Mailta. I didn't like the fact he blamed Wentz yesterday for holding the ball. Go back and look at the tape, he was under siege under 2 seconds too many times.

3. Suemolo blows shouldn't be out there at all. Bring back Wiz at LG he isn't great but he is steady.

4. Bench Ayaji he is hurt but also seems to turn the ball over too much. I want more of Josh Adams and I want of him running up the middle. Smallwood seems to be revived. Once Clement is healthy I want him out there as the bell cow.

5. Kamar Aikin - He is none existent in the WR corp but yet a starter. Start Gibson

6. Doug Pederson - I think its time for him to let Groh call the plays at least temporary. Its a switch it up thing. Andy Reid used to do that when his offense was suppering.

7. Jim Schwartz - No creativity on defense, league has caught up to him. Unfortunately its too late to make major changes there. I think he has to play much more man and stop worrying about getting beat deep. Try and take away the short game that has been very successful through the first five opponents. The short game has been leading to the long game for the other teams. If you get beat deep you get beat deep. Its one series. They need many more three and outs. I count 4 3 and outs for the defense over the past two weeks. That is no where near good enough. That doesn't put the offense in a good position and they need it right now .
    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

I don't think the season is lost yet. But, it is getting really close. I think we are about to see how Doug handles a locker room that starts pointing the finger at each other as frustration sets in.

I am getting tired of some of Jalen Mills shit on the field. Yesterday, he was constantly jawing with the WR's. There was one play where he was a whisper from getting a personal foul called against him. Cox had to pull Mills away. Mills then starting shouting at Cox. Not good.

I still like Ajayi as our featured back. But yeah, that fumble was brutal.

I have also seen enough of Seumalo over the last few years. He has rarely shown anything. Put Wiz back in. Matt Pryor was terrific in the preseason. I would not be surprised if he starts to see some time at G. I know that he worked at RG during the preseason. Not sure how easily it would be to switch to LG.

Really disappointed in the pass defense this year overall. I don't blame Schwartz as much as the players.

Comment

I am getting tired of some of Jalen Mills shit on the field. Yesterday, he was constantly jawing with the WR's. There was one play where he was a whisper from getting a personal foul called against him. Cox had to pull Mills away. Mills then starting shouting at Cox. Not good.

Yeah, it's different if the CB is actually shutting down his guy on every snap. But if you're getting beat....

Comment

Seumalo stinks. He's never going to be anything more than a career backup, and a guy that you don't like to have to turn to at that. Wiz hasn't been any better. I don't know if there is a solution there.

I'd like to see Douglas on the field instead of Mills as well. I don't think it's going to happen though.

To me, the biggest change I'd make is for them to stop turning the fucking ball over. They didn't play well yesterday, but the simple fact is that if you take away the strip sack that resulted in a TD, and the fumble by Ajayi that took at least a FG off the board, the end result would probably have been different. You simply cannot make mental errors, blow assignments, fail to make plays when called upon, and turn the ball over like they have, and expect to win.

Comment

I disagree that the season is "lost". Yes, this coming from the guy that had a very low confidence level and thought the season would be over if we went 2 and 4.

Here is the reason---- the NFC east is a pile of smelly crap right now. We still have a chance to win this crappy division ---- and I have always said that once you make the playoffs ANYTHING can happen. So while I agree it is now a very long and uphill battle-- we just need to win on Thursday and HOPE this team pulls it together.

I agree and understand all the negative right now---- There is still a Rocky's chance that they can turn it around.

Comment

I probably was a little harsh in saying its a lost season because as some of you have correctly pointed out the NFC east is a flaming pile of dog crap. However, if we keep doing the same thing over and over again each week (Do you hear me Dougie and Jimmy) then it will be over. That is why I am saying we need to make some changes to try and light a spark. If that doesn't work then at least it looks like they tried
            Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Let's not overreact here taz. Throwing Mailata out there would be suicide and would end Wentz's career. I didn't watch the tape but I did see Peters get beat a few times. I might point out that he has always jumped the gun on snap counts and has gotten away with a ton of them over his career. He's always been a little susceptible to the inside move over the years too and when he has given up a sack it's been that route. He's the best LT that we have so we have to live with it.

How they let Seumalo continuously get beat like a drum was a sin.

Bottom line is that for some reason we haven't been able to get our offense going in the first half all season. Doug came out in the second half and pounded the ball right down their throat until Ajaiy fumbled inside the 5 yard line. I know that he's the best RB that we have but that was number 4 in 5 games this year and you simply can't play a guy like that unless he's a super playmaker which his isn't. He'd be on the bench if I were running things.
              "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

They need to run the ball more. Over the last two games, both losses, they haven't been running it much. Yesterday they ran it 17 times, and threw it 35. Against the Titans they ran it 22 times, and threw it 50. Also worth noting is that they averaged 4.8 yards per attempt yesterday, and 5.3 yards per against the Titans. I don't know what Dougie is thinking, but it seems pretty obvious that if your QB is getting pounded, and you can run the ball effectively when you dial it up, you dial it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post
                  They need to run the ball more. Over the last two games, both losses, they haven't been running it much. Yesterday they ran it 17 times, and threw it 35. Against the Titans they ran it 22 times, and threw it 50. Also worth noting is that they averaged 4.8 yards per attempt yesterday, and 5.3 yards per against the Titans. I don't know what Dougie is thinking, but it seems pretty obvious that if your QB is getting pounded, and you can run the ball effectively when you dial it up, you dial it up.
                  Sometimes coaches get too tied up with x's and o's. Just run the fuckin ball Doug.
                  "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

It's also about falling behind in just about every game.

Comment

When they came out run blocking after the half yesterday they were a different team (until Ajayi fumbled). A little success with the run blocking aids you in the pass blocking as it slows down the DL rush. That will help.
                      I also think week 6 is too early to call a loss on the season but there are definite issues to be addressed. I don't think Peters is going anywhere unless he is injured or wants to sit. I wouldn't be opposed to giving Matt Pryor a look though. That will send a message. And I have said before giving the start to someone other than Mills might wake him up.
                      Just my opinion but while they really look ugly I don't think they are that far off getting their s*** together
                      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                      Hope is not a strategy
                      RIP

Comment

Working...
                      X