Roseman Quote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roseman Quote

Okay so here is a quote from Roseman in the paper.

Roseman felt especially strong about the 2012 draft, citing the team's philosophical shift to take the best player available instead of a position of need. That's the irony of all these rookies contributing so soon in their careers - the Eagles focused less on how the rookies could contribute this season, and more on how they'd develop.

Now, when did that philosophy change? In the early days the draft was for the future; remember Sheppard, Brown, Lewis. When did the 'philosophy' change to draft for need instead of BPA? I know ocassionally you have to draft a player for need but the philosophy should never have changed and I actually don't recall hearing that it did change. I'm under the impression Andy's still of the mindset you build from the lines out and take the best player. All of a sudden I read Roseman acting like there has been a revelation in how to draft.
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

He's gotta pretend like he's actually doing something.

Comment

Are they developing Curry from the bench? Put the guy in and see what the hell he's got.
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Actually a lot was made of this prior to the 2012 draft. Roseman admitted that in 2011 they went for need and realized it was a mistake. Swore they had learned their lesson and seems to have been the case with a strong 2012 draft.
        Long Live Section 736

Comment

Originally posted by QuitoPhan View Post
          Actually a lot was made of this prior to the 2012 draft. Roseman admitted that in 2011 they went for need and realized it was a mistake. Swore they had learned their lesson and seems to have been the case with a strong 2012 draft.
          Right now I'd say that we need 3 or 4 yeats to catch up.
          "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by QuitoPhan View Post
            Yea, but that happens once in awhile. That isn't a philosophy. Maybe I am wrong but the way it sounded to me their philosophy was to pick for need.
            Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
            Hope is not a strategy
            RIP

Comment

Although I've personally been pretty happy for the most part with our rookies this year, you could say the reason the rookies are playing so much now, is because the depth is soooo bad through out the roster, thanks in large part to HORRIBLE drafts in 10 and 11 and some not so stellar free agent signings. Guess it just depends how you want to look at it.
              Theo

Bleedin Green in 117!!

Trey Wingo is still a geek!!

Comment

He had a good draft this year, but he doesn't get any pass for the terrible drafts the previous two. Picking guys like Watkins and Graham in the first have set this organization back in a major way.

The Eagles need to hire a respected personnel guy as much as they need a new coach, IMO. They need to find the next Bill Polian somewhere who can work with the new coach, do a total rebuild of the front office.
                Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

Has this draft been really that good or has it looked good because the 10 and 11 drafts were so bad? Lets look, Cox is coming on and looks like he is going to be a really good player. Kendricks has regressed from the begining of the year. I still have high hopes for him. Curry who knows? Foles jury is still out. Boykin is nothing more than a nickle corner, proved he can't be a return guy. Dennis Kelly, some hope there but not sure if he is a starter. Bryce Brown has shown a couple of flashes but did we really need another running back?
                  Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

I would take everyone on this list in a heartbeat!!

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-dra...ager-positions

Comment

Working...
                    X