Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eagles supposed offer to Titans for #2 pick

http://deadspin.com/report-chip-kell...-to-1765706560

That is a lot to give up. However that is basically what was reported last year. 2 1's a 2nd and Bradford and Fletcher Cox.
    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

So Chip would have left us with no first or second for two consecutive years and removed the best defensive player on the team? Had that trade happened I would have been forced to drive to the Linc and punch him in the face!
      Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
      Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
        So Chip would have left us with no first or second for two consecutive years and removed the best defensive player on the team? Had that trade happened I would have been forced to drive to the Linc and punch him in the face!
        I would go for the 3 1's and Bradford but that's it. Maybe a couple of other picks I suppose but not Cox! We don't draft worth crap anyway.
        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
          That is a lot to give up. However that is basically what was reported last year. 2 1's a 2nd and Bradford and Fletcher Cox.
          Granted, when you can get a future HOFer at QB for a couple number 1's you do it, but this isn't Peyton Manning they'd be drafting. Mariota did well in a spread offense under Chip in college but as we have seen, the spread just doesn't translate to the NFL. It works at certain times, but defenses adjust much more rapidly in the NFL and eventually, a spread QB gets crushed ala Kapernick. Mariota had a good rookie year, but I want to see what he does in his second year after defensive coordinators adjust.

He still wouldn't been worth that much in the long run especially with Chip's drafting skills.

Comment

Originally posted by WCPhan View Post
            Granted, when you can get a future HOFer at QB for a couple number 1's you do it, but this isn't Peyton Manning they'd be drafting. Mariota did well in a spread offense under Chip in college but as we have seen, the spread just doesn't translate to the NFL. It works at certain times, but defenses adjust much more rapidly in the NFL and eventually, a spread QB gets crushed ala Kapernick. Mariota had a good rookie year, but I want to see what he does in his second year after defensive coordinators adjust.

He still wouldn't been worth that much in the long run especially with Chip's drafting skills.
            I'm hoping Agholor was hurt last year WC. If he makes a big step that draft will look pretty good. If he doesn't we're picking in the top 10 again next year.

Comment

The funny thing is I may have done it. This team is not going anywhere until they get that franchise QB. That is the reason why Titans turned it down. I do think Mariota in time will me much more than a "spread" QB
              Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                I'm hoping Agholor was hurt last year WC. If he makes a big step that draft will look pretty good. If he doesn't we're picking in the top 10 again next year.
                I do too, when he took that screen pass early to the house I thought we had a draft steal. He was very productive at USC and that was with the alcoholic calling plays- so he has the potential to make some things happen. Second year should be pretty good (I hope)

Comment

This would have been horrific. Thank goodness it didn't happen. Screw CHIP!!!!
                  You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
                    This would have been horrific. Thank goodness it didn't happen. Screw CHIP!!!!
                    :thumbsup

Yep. That is WAY too much and Mariota is still an unknown.

Comment

I might have done that if it had been "any defensive player not named Fletcher Cox". And yet... the Titans turned it down when it could have been Cox. Franchise QBs are tough to come by. It will be interesting to see if anyone trades up for this year's QBs even though none of them seem to have the potential of Mariota.

Comment

they should have jumped all over that deal. It was flat out insane. I think I might have killed Chip
                        We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
                          they should have jumped all over that deal. It was flat out insane. I think I might have killed Chip
                          For the record I don't think that deal was ever offered.

Comment

I was thinking that myself, it would have been better than the Dallas Hershel trade. The type of deal that kills one franchise and builds another
                            We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
                              I was thinking that myself, it would have been better than the Dallas Hershel trade. The type of deal that kills one franchise and builds another
                              If you took Cox out of the deal it might not have been that bad. We got shit with those picks anyway. LOL!

Comment

Working...
                              X