Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any new music?

Any new music you guys are just loving?

I'm finally starting to get into this Illinoise album.

"oh the day that Dennis Brown's lung collapsed..."

Lecrae has his sophomore cd out if you're interested in rap. It's christian rap but that doesn't mean that it can't be as good as secular. The album is called when the music stops. A website for it is:
    http://www.afterthemusicstops.com/

I have the cd and love it.

-Young
    -Young

Comment

Has anyone heard the new Beck album? I haven't heard any noise about it one way or the other.

I just picked up Cass Fox's album "Come Here". Some great racks on there, it hasn't been released in the yet, so check AMAzon for it.
      I have never done steroids. Period. Well, not today, anyway.

Comment

There's a new Beck album, shit I'm out of the loop, I'm gonna try and find it this afternoon and then I'll let you know.
        Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Vin - it has taken me 3 weeks and about 12 listens but TV on the Radio's "Return to Cookie Mountain" is definitely worth it. Like I said - you'll have to give it a chance. I'd classify it as Prince meets Peter Gabriel meet Outkast with a touch of Coldplay (some chords). You will be hard pressed to find a more critically acclaimed album out there. It is pretty special.

Comment

Originally posted by trufresh17
            Has anyone heard the new Beck album? I haven't heard any noise about it one way or the other.
            i've given it only a couple full listens thus far and think that it is album that deserves multiple listens before fully judging it. so far, i think it starts off strong and then kind of fizzles. the album has a strong cohesiveness, but then the songs also start to kind of sound the same to me. also, the songwriting is not what is driving most of the tunes, it's more of a beat, texture and amazing production thing. however, i think more is to be discovered upon listening to it further as there are many layers to each song. i didn't like it immediately like i have every other of his albums (i even liked midnight vultures immediately, but then began to loathe it after multiple listens), but i will give it more of a chance -- it is beck after all.

Comment

Just listened to the new Beck album last night, was pretty good and usual Beck fair, nothing has really stood out to me yet, but I was doing work while listening. Maybe this weekend I'll do some bong hits and listen more closely.

Comment

Originally posted by leifdawg
                Just listened to the new Beck album last night, was pretty good and usual Beck fair, nothing has really stood out to me yet, but I was doing work while listening. Maybe this weekend I'll do some bong hits and listen more closely.
                yeah, i definitely think this is an album that fairs better under the influence of bonghits.

btw, i don't think there as such a thing as usual Beck as his albums run all over the place. though i do think this album sounds like a mix between Sea Change and Guero.

Comment

They do bounce all over the place, but they all have a distinctive "Beck-iness" to them.

Comment

Working...
                  X