observations from Eagles-Bucs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• observations from Eagles-Bucs

A loss is a loss is a loss. At the end of the day, the Eagles are still on top of the division tied with Washington as well as whomever wins the Giants Cowgirls game.

1.Its very disappointing that now in the last three games played two of which were wins including a Super Bowl that Jim Schwartz defense continues to come up small. If they don't get pressure they simply can't cover. I am not sure what the answer is, maybe not play so much single high safety that

2. Malcolm Jenkins had a terrible game. I know he forced a fumble but he was late on coverage way to much, bit on the long TD pass to Jackson on the first play, he is supposed to have the over the top on that. Dropped his coverage on Godwin that lead to another TD. I think its time for him to concentrate on Football.

3. Offensively its really hard to get things going when you lose your starting left tackle, RB, #3 wideout when you already didn't have your number 1 quarterback, 1-4 WR your all-purpose back etc.

4. The penalties really are killing this team. They keep killing drives and giving the teams too many opportunities.

5. Now I will say the officials were clueless in this game. The Foles fumble was a pass, Ertz got the first down (very clear as I rewound on tape). The block that Wallace got hurt on was a legal block. All of these things led to issues for the offense.The call on Mills at the end should have been on Evans, he not only hands to the face but he grabbed Miles facemask. I just don' t understand why a league like the NFL continues to have these problems.

6. Cory Clement needs to play more. Why give Wendell Smallwood any snaps? Same with Perkins over Goedert

7. Cameron Johnston is such a weapon. However, Jake Elliot needs to figure out his mid-range game. Missing that field goal was critical

Howie should be reaching out to Maclin, Jordan Mathews to see how healthy they are. I would also reach out to Dez Bryant. When you are signing and then starting Kamar Aiken the same week you have issues.
    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

I forgot Matthews was available. He’s got to be better than Aiken.
    Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Where was super rook today?
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

The officiating was bad in the first half. That illegal block on Wallace was legal all the way. No idea what that call was. How can the Bucs not get called for holding one time! Not once? And the Foles fumble was a pass all the way...agreed. The Ertz spot I actually thought was right. Looked like his knee was down prior to the stretch.

A few more things

I’m tired of the man off coverage and the coverage that gives up the slant. Especially late in the game. That Evans catch was a joke.

Doug going for it like he did at midfield was the worst call he has made in a while. Really bad gamble and it cost us a TD.

Our edge guys are just not getting there. But man Cox is a BEAST. And we miss Jernigan.

We really miss Alshon and Wentz.

Where is Sidney Jones?

Where is Goedert?

Late in first half Doug should have got 10 more yards instead of throwing to end zone. Make that kick easier.
        You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

The defense has not been good. That's obvious. They are going to have to devise some ways to get pressure on the QB. You can't sit back in soft coverage and not get any pressure. Any QB in the NFL will simply find the open guy.

The offense has not been much better, but they are banged up all over the place.

Overall, I'm not overly concerned at this point. It's week 2. They need to get their roster healthy, and work out some kinks. It's a long season.

Comment

Mills one on one with Jackson? Whose friekin brainstorm was that????

Comment

1. In some thread I posted one word-- Goedert. Thought for sure he would get more time. Have no idea why Perkins got more looks. Goedert is Clement from last year. Gotta get him and Ertz out there together.
              2. Cox has been studly and the CBs can make absolutely great plays (but they also get beat). I think Jenkins is being depended on in the pass game too much and doesn't concentrate on safety enough because of that. Of course I'm not in the D coaches meetings for a reason.
              3. GD Jackson seems to always skill us and Tampa may be better than people thought going into the season and you aren't going 16-0 so losses come up but this was a game the birds could have won. Fortunately it should give the players and coaches some reality to work with. Unfortunately it just gives teams more tape on the birds. They need players back; they need players healthy; they need WRs. Every college WR should be getting tape ready to send the birds for the draft because there will be openings.
              Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
              Hope is not a strategy
              RIP

Comment

Jenkins was high safety there and said after the game he completely blew that coverage. He jumped what he thought was going to be an out route or something. Mills had outside coverage there and was supposed to force Djax to the middle there. Maybe in Jenkins spent more time in the film room and less on social justice he wouldn’t have gotten beat there.... TOTALLY KIDDING
                You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

A lot of this loss goes on Doug, IMM. Tempo was horrible when down by 20.

Comment

It was a loss but it wasn’t like other losses.

I love the Birds and want to win every game badly.

But thank you Jesus the desperation is finally gone. I cared so much and I still do but I let this loss go faster than any loss I’ve ever watched.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
                      Jenkins was high safety there and said after the game he completely blew that coverage. He jumped what he thought was going to be an out route or something. Mills had outside coverage there and was supposed to force Djax to the middle there. Maybe in Jenkins spent more time in the film room and less on social justice he wouldn’t have gotten beat there.... TOTALLY KIDDING
                      There's something to be said there AW. When you have the guy playing 3 different positions you're going to make mistakes! Those receivers might be the best in the league so maybe we shouldn't have been moving him all over the field again.

On another note we just have too many friekin injuries. And as noted by everybody here WTF is Goedert? Instead we pull Aiken and Perkins in off the street to play instead?

If TB didn't take their foot of the gas it could have been a lot worse. I watched this one at a sports bar so I'm talking out of my ass right now. I'll have to go over the tape and see what really happened. I know this though. When Winston comes back he's not going to be quite about not starting and could blow that place up. There are already too many great teams in the NFC without adding these guys to the list.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
                        A lot of this loss goes on Doug, IMM. Tempo was horrible when down by 20.
                        Its really hard to run Tempo when you are down so many players on offense, At one point the three receivers were Carter, Aiken, and Agholor, add in Perkins playing the 2nd tight end and its a tough one.

That said they did get in rhythm later in the game, missing the field goal was huge (as it usually is). But this game to me was all on the Defense. 400 + yards to Ryan Fitzpaterick should be a wake up call for this defense.
                        Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
                          400 + yards to Ryan Fitzpaterick should be a wake up call for this defense.

Something is wrong here...seriously.
                          Against an offense with good receivers and a competent QB, our secondary is simply a sieve.
                          I don't know if it's a problem(s) with scheme, a lack of talent or both. This is more than just an occasional hiccup...it
                          represents a major obstacle to the Birds reaching/succeeding in the playoffs.

Comment

Which is especially troubling because the defense was supposed to be upgraded. There’s no Carson Wentz on d either.

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
                              Its really hard to run Tempo when you are down so many players on offense, At one point the three receivers were Carter, Aiken, and Agholor, add in Perkins playing the 2nd tight end and its a tough one.

That said they did get in rhythm later in the game, missing the field goal was huge (as it usually is). But this game to me was all on the Defense. 400 + yards to Ryan Fitzpaterick should be a wake up call for this defense.
                              Taz, while you make some good points, I still lay some blame on Dougie.
                              When they finally did get it going they still played like they were down by 3 not 13. I kept yelling at the tv, "cmon, move it", "you need time, put a little more hustle on each snap" ....... Might of had a shot at the end...... Had the ball, needed 6 for W...... We were moving the ball.....if we had 2 minutes instead of seconds might have pulled it out. Again everyone could see that the D was not what we expected... And they get the lions share of the blame,,,,,,,, but with a couple more minutes STILL coulda won.

Comment

Working...
                              X